Fate Grand Order

AT EFFING LAST!!

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: Fate Grand Order is coming to the US

Post by Kaijin »

Kiyohime (Berserker) must REALLY like me, as I already got bond level 5 with her, while no one else is above bond level 2...
Kiyohime is the "Connie" of Grand/Order, she's protagosexual (and we love her for it).
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Well...just a friendly reminder you can't escape Kiyohime...

Even if you burn her, she continues to spook rolls...
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

Hell, she showed up in my very FIRST roll, which I did in the Tutorial chapter.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis

Post by Jinouga87 »

Flare wrote:Hell, she showed up in my very FIRST roll, which I did in the Tutorial chapter.
She did that to me too and she's been a major player of my team. My highest bond however is with Mata Hari.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

And now they're doing a special event where you can get a 4-star Servant as a gift. You can get one of the following: Martha, Elisabeth Bathory, Tamamo Cat, Carmilla, Stheno, Heracles, Chevalier d'Eon, Siegfried, Marie Antoinette, or Emiya.

By the way, here's my code: 537,179,805
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Yeah I really like Marie, she even has Siren's Song. She's so cute I love her. NEW RIDER MAIN! Also like Mozart, I really wanna level him up as much as possible. He's so cool haha. I thought it was very funny how they were pals in the cutscenes, and I used them as a duo even before that.
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Evil Artist

Post by kukuruyo »

My objective right now is to get a functional team of strong characters to do the bossess so i can waste my time and resources in doing a waifu team XD. So far i have Artoria lvl 60 Emiya 40 and Hercules arround 20. At some point ill level up stuff like Medea and Mata Hari, but i'll wait till the Gil promo has passed since i'll be focusing on getting quarzs now.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Just a quick tip: Right now since there's the 1/2 AP campaign for the daily quests, it's the perfect time to farm for mana prisms.

The 30 AP exp ember dailies (15 AP right now) are the best node to farm for mana prisms. After repeatedly clearing the quest, instead of using the 3 star embers/flames (I think they're called flames now...) to level your characters, simply burn them for mana prisms to use at the shop. That way you can quickly nab the summoning tickets, 4 star flames, and 3 star fous for use.

Also keeping this tip in mind helps in gaining a lot of mana prisms which will be useful later on when certain CEs will be stocked in the shop.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Definitely getting more aggravated with the "Friend Support" system, because since I have no 5 star character to share, people aren't using mine anymore. I barely get any friend points. On release I was getting 1000 a day, now I'm lucky to get 100. -_- Yeah, the multiple friend use feature seems to kill the friend support system..and I can't think of anything positive to counter act that fact. At this point, it'd be better off as an offline game for me, at least I don't have to worry about the slow connection speeds, haa!
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

I think that getting less friend points is less about the 5 stars than you think. It's probably more about the saturation of the available 4 stars (and by extension 3 stars) in the current pool. Because the pool of available servants is so small, and the game was literally giving away two free 4 stars (one random one in the tutorial 10 roll and one of the pick your own trade in), literally everyone on the friend list has a "good" servant. That means when going into a quest or mission, selecting the person on your friend list isn't as simple as "this person has good servant, i'll use him!" anymore. The friend list is filled with people who possess the same servant. If it's like that, then it comes down to which servant among them is higher level, higher skill levels, better ce's, and so on.

Metawise though, it would be because of Zhuge Liang/Waver. Not because he's a 5 star, but because currently he's the best support. Even in the JP version, he is current one of the two most commonly used servants in the support slot. On the JP version in both my accounts, the caster support slot of all my friends are filled with Waver and the other support servant...it's like no other caster exists to be used in that slot.

Anyway, don't worry too much about fp in the long run. After you start getting more of those ce's and 3 star servants limit broken and np5 through repeated fp summons and quartz summons, using up your fp will feel like a chore. Especially when during some events you'll get more fp than you'll know what to do with. Right now my alt JP account has about 600k fp stocked up mainly from login bonuses and events. It hardly gets fp from friends. However, because that account has most of the 3 stars np5 and limit broken (the only thing I really need to do with fp is try for the stupid servant rarer than a 5 star but more worthless), using fp just feels like a pain...and so it accumulates more.

In any case, I guess what I'm trying to say is don't get to down about it. When more servants start appearing and the roster starts diversifying and your team starts maturing, you should start seeing a pick up of fp. Cheer up, my friend! When you get Marie up, I'll definitely be needing her.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

And apperentally as it stands at the moment, the "Story mode" part ends after Rome. So right now all I'm doing in grinding out stuff to level up my team, and still hunting for a few to finish fill it in. Namely a Saber, Archer, and Caster that I like. (Got a TON of Berserkers though.)

As it stands, here's what I got:

Saber: (Blank)
Lancer: Elisabeth Bathory
Rider: Medusa
Caster: (Blank)
Assassin: Stheno
Berserker: Lancelot (Kiyohime as a fill-in when needed)

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Sadly I'm getting bored with it in general. It started of so awesome too.. As usual these games bore me to death with the card ranking system. At least in Fire Emblem Heroes you can level up their star level with enough grind, and even customize their skills some. I wish all games would do that. Fate GO needs some work on that. And raising the level cap did hardly nothing. Still have crap stats, NPs and skills just miss.

They have too many useless heroes and skills. Really big fail on that. I feel sorry for the programmers, artists and CVs investing work into fusion trash. :( This is an old mistake of games from the past, surprised to still see it.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Feathers wrote:At least in Fire Emblem Heroes you can level up their star level with enough grind, and even customize their skills some. I wish all games would do that. Fate GO needs some work on that. And raising the level cap did hardly nothing. Still have crap stats, NPs and skills just miss.
I mentioned it before, but Palingenesis is the pseudo-star level raise system. Not to sound like I'm chewing your head off or anything, but unless you utilize that system, you can't really say anything about how the star weight system for FGO is a big fail.

The ascension system is not a system to raise star weight, but a unlock system for more skills, artwork, sprites, and lines in my room. Sure it raises the level cap, but it's not there to be breakthrough to the next rank system. That's Palingenesis (and is only available one you reach max ascension and max level).

Some skills must be leveled in order to gain effectiveness -- especially those that debuff enemies. These skills start off with a percentile chance to succeed which increases with the skill's level (not the servants level). Depending on the enemy, the enemy might have resistances as well. Like always your attempt to succeed must overcome their attempt to resist. Skills like Gae Bolg with instant death chance are notorious for missing frequently, even more so against bosses (especially servant bosses due to their innate resist).

However...,

:nono: The biggest misconception in FGO is that star weight contributes heavily to the gameplay in the game. :nono:

...And this always, always makes me sad whenever I see it or hear it.
Feathers wrote:Let's be honest though, it's not just a bit easier, it's A LOT easier. :/ A 5 star Jeanee has usually much more HP and damage of 3-4 stars even when she is a much lower level. I heard about certain 3 stars being very good, but it sounds like they were "miss-starred" (CuChu lancer is popular for his Gáe Bulg) from what people were saying on the Reddit channel (I'm not completely ignorant I did read up some, hehe). You also forgot about the 1 stars...poor guys.
In this situation that you wrote earlier, how much of a level gap? What servants are you comparing Jeanne to? Did the friend whose Jeanne you were using use fou cards on her to raise the attack and HP values on her? Did you use any on your servant?

Jeanne has a "reverse-S" growth curve meaning she'll gain more stats at the beginning and end of her leveling journey between 1 and 90, and less stats in the middle. So if she was still say at level 25, she might have gained more stats per level than another servant with a linear growth curve at level 30. Also, one thing that you don't see is that the Ruler class has a 1.1 attack modifier on attacks. If you compare her damage to that of say a Caster class which has a .9 multiplier (in addition to the class advantage multiplier), there's a chance that she's doing 20% more damage than said Caster if you're fighting something not an Assassin just due to her class. For fou cards, you can add up to 990 attack and HP stat to a servant. That could be a possible 990 stat discrepancy in your comparison.

If any thing, the main reason for star weight in FGO is just the popularity of the character (how much money Aniplex and DelightWorks can make off releasing such a character) and how much the character will affect the team cost. Stats will fluctuate slightly to reflect the change in the cost of the character, but overall there are no huge jumps which affect if a servant is playable or not. For the team cost, as I said before, it is currently impossible to have a team of all 5 star servants with 5 star craft essences in JP. Therefore a reduction in team cost in some area is necessary.

For evidence, in my main account for the JP version, I have two assassins at level 90. Assassin 1 is a 5 star. Assassin 2 is a 4 star (I used the Palingenesis system to limit break the 4 star to be like a 5 star). Assassin 1 has an attack stat and HP stat of 12557 and 13696 respectively. Assassin 2 is 10999 and 13350 respectively. While the difference of 1.5k in one stat might seem like it's due to their star weight, it's not. I have two Casters that are both 5 stars -- Caster 1 has an attack stat and HP stat of 10212 and 16846. Caster 2 is 11546 and 15259. They are both 5 stars yet have a difference of about 1.5k in one stat too. Furthermore, if you were just looking at stats alone, you'd also see that the 4 star Assassin (Assassin 2) has a higher attack than the 5 star Caster (Caster 1). The benefit of fielding Assassin 1 over Assassin 2 extra damage, but fielding Assassin 2 reduces my team cost by 4 (on an unrelated note, Assassin 2 has a AoE NP while Assassin 1 is single target -- the main reason for switching between both).

That's why I always use characters I like or love without minding the star level. I still use plenty of 4 stars in JP despite having 5 stars. If I had more Holy Grails to grail all the servants I want, there would no doubt be several 3 star servants included (Medusa and Kiyohime and maybe another Assassin).

While I do feel sorry for the programmers, artists and CVs like you, it's more for the fact that their work is not being appreciated by the players who believe that misconception in this game and think that rarity = strength.

Well...that's my rant for the day. :sigh:

P.S. - The most famous playable 1 star on the JP servers is Arash. I seen a couple level 100 versions of him every now and again, so 1 stars are still being used even almost 2 years after the start of FGO in JP.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

And let's not forget there's even a zero-star Servant, the Avenger Angra Mainyu, and depending on how he's played, he can either be very strong, or quite pathetic.

And with regard to Friend Points, let's not forget there's also an essence that adds 75 points to the Servant, though I know I need to add that to Stheno...

EDIT: Ok, I think once he is released over here.... I'm totally getting Thomas Edison as my Caster. Because 'Merica.

Seriously, all he needs is an Eagle head or wings...

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Aha interesting one Flare.

Oh and people shouldn't take my rants with too much thought. I RARELY will bother with even thinking about them later. I get over my frustrations quickly by doing something fun instead of wasting my time on something that isn't :D

I know plain obvious facts when I see them - devs favor certain characters over others. It's in all games. Not too long ago, I was ranting that the harpies in Mythikos were not able to go past a "B" rating, and they that had no "awoken" form. (The fallen angel had double her stats as an "S" rank, and much stronger skills..) I'm not going to gripe about it anymore though. I moved on. The devs did get a piece of my feedback about it though. :)

I'll probably just log on to Fate GO (for the daily reward obviously) for a few months and see if the game improves (for my liking), and if doesn't, uninstall. Sounds like the Japanese version has much more to offer this point though, so I still have hope for more fun. ^.^

Hey...100 friend points today, and max friends. Good game. Even Summoners War I get more friends using my Harpy. :/ At last my cute Marie An. is still Cute!
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Evil Artist

Post by kukuruyo »

There's one thing that's happening to me and i don't know if it's a bug or what. Last week when i logged in i got a daily number of spirit quarz, increasing each day till you had 7 and then it restarted. But since 3 days ago, when i log in, the message appears that i have been given spirit quarzs (2-3 and 4 each time), and they even appear in the gifts box to pick up, but when i do, nothing goes to my spirit quarzs count. I think the second day, where i should have gotten 3, it gave me 1, but i'm not 100% sure about that).
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Maybe start tracking that (with screenshots or something). If it appears it truly is a bug, send in a report to Aniplex's support.
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

Welp im now playing Fate/Grand order my Friend Code is 913,000,199

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Spoiler: show
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baphomet lover
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet.

Post by Animajunki123 »

So, didn't even know this was a thing until it happened for me.

Pretty sure I used up all of my luck for this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

And the fact that it's indicating you have a 2nd Arthoria..