Fate Grand Order

AT EFFING LAST!!

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Fate Grand Order

Post by Flare »

Well, had my first big fight with Gorgon... Man that was a fight and a half. 15 turns, got her down to 1.2 mil....
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Finally, it's time to take it to the King of Mages!

We're also getting 30 rainbow rocks to help us prep for the last singularity...(more for my Musashi stash!)
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Evil Artist

Post by kukuruyo »

Man Babylonia was dissapointing. I was hoping it to get good since Camelot had good story, but it was a low tier harem story with lots of ridiculous stuff. And the fights were so ridulously easy; it has never been a hard game but at least they could try, here they just give you tons of buffs and you cannot lose. The only decent thing were the jokes.

At least i got a decent gatcha; i spent everyting i had to get Taiga at np5. I have her still at np4 but i will roll again in a few days. Grialed her to 90 as well. I also got 3 Gorgons, an "Ana", another Marie antoinette (the third...) and a Nightingale.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

kukuruyo wrote:Man Babylonia was dissapointing. I was hoping it to get good since Camelot had good story, but it was a low tier harem story with lots of ridiculous stuff. And the fights were so ridulously easy; it has never been a hard game but at least they could try, here they just give you tons of buffs and you cannot lose. The only decent thing were the jokes.
Yeah, Camelot was best in serious and interesting story, here it was mainly about IshtaRin's thighs, Taiga being Taiga, and Quetz being TOP1 Big Sis with an English-Spanish Dictionary. Not bad on its own, but could have been much better.

King Hassan is amazing, tho. He's to the Assassin Class what Merlin is to Caster Class... He's simply OP....
Pair him up with Nito and grinding will never be easier. He even ONE SHOT many of the Bel Lahmu....
kukuruyo wrote:At least i got a decent gatcha; i spent everyting i had to get Taiga at np5. I have her still at np4 but i will roll again in a few days. Grialed her to 90 as well. I also got 3 Gorgons, an "Ana", another Marie antoinette (the third...) and a Nightingale.
I finally got Medu-Loli on a stray ticket,Gorgon when trying to get Quetz, and ALL of the Taigas (NP5). Finally I have a decent 3-stars lancer, and wish I had gotten Quetz instead of Enkidu...
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

I actually vastly preferred Babylon's plot over Camelot's simply because this one (unlike Camelot's) decided to give way more focus to the MC.
Camelot might've been more serious but most of it was entirely focused on Matthew (wrongly localized as "Mash") and the parts that weren't... the MC was simply...there...because reasons.
Let's not forget that Ritsuka is pretty much the only mage alive in the whole FGO timeline, that's a huge deal and should definitely be treated as such...Unlike most singularities (Camelot included) and all events do.

In terms of gameplay... Yes, I gotta admit that it was disappointing. The event's difficulty was entirely focused on dragging the battles as long as possible...and way beyond, with an absurdly high number of survival battles and enemy waves battles (specially the last Bel Lahmu battle), it was as if the game tried its hardest to bore us to death.

I didn't roll in the gacha this time around, since I'm going to splurge my few quartz savings on New Year... and there wasn't anything specially tempting this time around.
Gilgamesh Caster is quite a solid option, as he is a really good support for Arts teams and for critical oriented teams (although weak...even for caster standards and with no survivability on his own), if I hadn't both Tamamo and Helena maybe I'd tried rolling for him.
There's also Medusa Lily... Who has a neat design and a pretty interesting third skill... but other than that... She's not worthy... as she's pretty much an early game character (surprisingly high HP, abnormaly low attack and her first two skills are lackluster and unrealiable).

(Those two were the only ones who could've potentially forced me to roll).

.P.S.:
Finally I have a decent 3-stars lancer
What about Cu? He's really reliable and one heck of a tank.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor

Post by kukuruyo »

Kaijin wrote:I actually vastly preferred Babylon's plot over Camelot's simply because this one (unlike Camelot's) decided to give way more focus to the MC.
Camelot might've been more serious but most of it was entirely focused on Matthew (wrongly localized as "Mash") and the parts that weren't... the MC was simply...there...because reasons.
Let's not forget that Ritsuka is pretty much the only mage alive in the whole FGO timeline, that's a huge deal and should definitely be treated as such...Unlike most singularities (Camelot included) and all events do.
That's actually one of the reasons why i dislike it XD. The MC in this story is no one. It's not a character with personality, it's just you; it's self immersion. Self immersion stories that focus on the character are basically harem fantasies. You're the super duper cool character with no redeemable qualities but who manages for some reason to have all the girls chasing your dick. I greatly dislike that kind of stories, and Babylonia was a 101 that.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

In the rest...Ritsuka is not even that.
S/He's a blank faced character that has literally no weight in the story that most of the time is forced to choose dialogues options that do not add anything to the story (not even comic relief factor) or is given the Fire Emblem Fates treatment (the infamous "...." vs "....").

Instead most of the time the focus is entirely set on...Matthew: A piece of waste puked by none other than Takeuchi that the only things she does during the whole story is acting like a massive cockblock, spitting things taken straight of Wikipedia like a gatling gun (specially when nobody asks her) and crying.

In games like Kantai Collection, Azur Lane or Girls Frontline the player has no relevance in the story...But in all of those are cases that I'm actually okay with said choice as they're meant to have you in the sidelines while the girls shine on the spotlight.
Here however DW made the HUGE mistake of making the main character stand out... They gave Ritsuka a solid background, they made Ritsuka stand out by making him/her a unique character...They made Ritsuka in a way that was meant to be the center of the FGO universe, not fade out at the very first moment s/he appears in the game.

That worked in Extra, but that game was meant to work like that as Hakuno was not unique (well... s/he had some uniqueness points but you get my drift) but a master out of 128 and the main servants (all 4 of them) are more fleshed out, more complex and more likeable than FGO's main servant... that is a lavender haired and bland attempt of a Mary Sue.

Simply put: I'd rather being self immersed in a game than not being at all... (Specially when the game told me that me being there was meaningful from day 1).
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis

Post by Jinouga87 »

So who's ready for Solomon?
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Jinouga87 wrote:So who's ready for Solomon?
:haha: Not sure if I'm ready for Solomon, but I'm ready for Barbatos.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

dragonstryke58 wrote:
Jinouga87 wrote:So who's ready for Solomon?
:haha: Not sure if I'm ready for Solomon, but I'm ready for Barbatos.
We'll have to fave his Dark Knights first. Red Death The Batman Who Laughs are going to be tough.
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor

Post by kukuruyo »

Even Flauros has a comment about how Babylonia was bad XDDDDD

The comments from the MC in Fate go are designed to add information about the circumstances and make people less tired of reading by having to press something, rather than been any answer at all. That's why a lot of the options make no sense, like "he's grabbing blackbeard and throwing him into the air" and second option "and he fell into Georgios?!". They're not answers, they're info presented as questions. The character itself never picks choices cause the games one and only storie without dead end or anything, and has no personality besides been you and be cool. Thing is, in other singularities you could just ignore him since the story focused on the other characters, and many times they where interesting themselves. In Babylonia, suddenly everything is about you, and the girls personalities are nullified because no matter which they had, they want your penis for some strange reason. That's actually one of the main reasons i think Monmusu is one of the worse things that could've happened to the monster girls niche.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

If DW was keen on taking that route, they've should never given Ritsuka anything to stand out to begin with.

In other works as Fate/EXTRA it works perfectly since they made Hakuno as bland as possible from the very beginning and managed to make all four main playable servants really fleshed out and likeable (thing that DW failed to do with Matthew...and even got worse once Risa Taneda was replaced due to health issues).

Nevertheless, saying that JUST Babylon is bad...Is quite the undestatement actually.
FGO's plot (as a whole) is nothing more than a trashy, poorly written and devoid of any coherence fanfiction... It's by far the worst in the Fate multiverse.

.P.S.: Let's face it... people tend to play this only for the neverending flood of waifus anyway (and in my case to honour a late friend's memory... Someone has to take care of his account).
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor

Post by kukuruyo »

For what i've read, when they started to plan the game, it was supposed to be Fate Apocrypha, but they changed it to a light novel, then did Fate Go without having much idea what they were doing. It wasn't until later that Nasu and the novel writers started weighting in and the story got better. I think that can be seen in Camelot and at a few events like the Fate Zero one. But otherwise it's so full of stupid stuff that i have to tell people to ignore it if i want to make them interested in Fate :p

It can be said at least that it's the best of all the Fate media if we look at it from the perspective of showing us the servants in different situations of life. I have laughed my ass off at the group of Martha, Georgios, Kojiro, for example.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

So most of the pillars are dead.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I'm surprised it's taking so long to finish them all, it must be because the number of pillars is double of those seen in the Japanese version...But still...

.P.S.:
But otherwise it's so full of stupid stuff that i have to tell people to ignore it if i want to make them interested in Fate :p
You can always recommend them to check out the original Stay/Night or Zero, that should do the trick.
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor

Post by kukuruyo »

Recommending Fate stay night is the only logic thing, but the vast majority of people will not read a visual novel.
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor

Post by kukuruyo »

Got Medb and Ozymandias in the same x10 pull :D
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Well, seems I was close as to when the next chapter was coming out, if one saw the little message ingame. >_>
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/ ... nt%20Guide

*Sees the latest event...*

[youtube]KRM9DbPVQmc[/youtube]

kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor

Post by kukuruyo »

There's only one choice, The Nobu choice