Secret of Mana Remake

Thoughts and Rants

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Secret of Mana Remake

Post by Blake81 »

(Wish I had found a bigger picture)

Man, it's been so long... And now the wait is over.

After 25 years, Square Enix has finally woken up and realized that, maybe they should stop remaking FF7 for the hundredth time for a shittier console, and start remaking the games that once put them on that throne of perfection they long since tumbled down from.

Note, however, that this is a full remake, not a Port, and while I am usually icky about moving perfectly good 2D graphics to 3D, the new looks are so damn good that they dispelled my worries. What hasn't dispelled my worries, however, is its rather step price tag, although, TBH, I do have-ahem.... REASONS.... for wanting to get it right now. (Pre-Orders usually never work with me, but shit, they know my weakness....)

But rant aside, I DO like what I am seeing; many time I have asked why these remakes had never been done, and now that they are, I like the way this is going. I'm hoping more games of this series get remade, (Seiken Densetsu 3 leading the WANT list.... and if we get Angela on a Tiger Bikini.... I don't care if I have to sell both kidneys to afford it...) and more Squaresoft games from the Golden SNES era in general.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: Secret of Mana Remake

Post by Kaijin »

I'm hoping more games of this series get remade, (Seiken Densetsu 3 leading the WANT list.... and if we get Angela on a Tiger Bikini.... I don't care if I have to sell both kidneys to afford it...) and more Squaresoft games from the Golden SNES era in general.
I agree yet I wholeheartedly disagree at the same time...
I would absolutely love to see games like Seiken Densetsu 3 remade (specially since it would be the first time to be ever released in the west) or games like Chrono Trigger (it got a great port on DS, but at the end of the day it was just a port), among plenty of others titles...
...however if there is ONE game that I wish to see remastered that is without a doubt Terranigma (for me it was (and still is) the best game Enix ever made and the best action rpg hands down... it was an almost flawless game).

Heck... I'd rather have a Terranigma remaster over Dragon Quest XI.

As for the game itself looks nice and I might consider it adding it to my PS4 catalogue (just like my PS3's is made almost entirely of RPGs) and if the gameplay is as good as its looks (and soundtrack) then it's must buy title.
I'll try checking out for info and checking some reviews before deciding if buy it or now (or better said: buy it now or waiting till its price drops).

If you finally lay your hands on this game, let me know what your impressions on this game are.

.P.S.: Now that I think about it... I would like to see a Bahamut Lagoon remaster one day...
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Kaijin wrote:...however if there is ONE game that I wish to see remastered that is without a doubt Terranigma (for me it was (and still is) the best game Enix ever made and the best action rpg hands down... it was an almost flawless game).
This cannot be.... I have... never heard of this one! I missed a SNES good game!? Time to correct that! To the ROM Site!

*Spinning Batman Screen*
Kaijin wrote:As for the game itself looks nice and I might consider it adding it to my PS4 catalogue (just like my PS3's is made almost entirely of RPGs) and if the gameplay is as good as its looks (and soundtrack) then it's must buy title.
For what I've heard, you can choose between the new remastered soundtrack, and the original one. Only complain I've heard of so far is that the Eng Dub sucks, but that's the fate of most dubs. And you can still choose between Eng Dub and Original Japanese voiceover (which is full of the usual high-profile Anime Seiyuus) so that won't be a problem.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

This cannot be.... I have... never heard of this one! I missed a SNES good game!? Time to correct that! To the ROM Site!
If you haven't heard of this game it's kind of understandable since it's a game that never got officially released into American territory (however it arrived to Europe and was even officially translated into Spansish).
...On the other hand... taking into consideration that you happen to be a rpg connoisseur (or at least you strike me that way), shame on you XD

Now go play Terranigma, it's even in Spanish...you've got no excuse XD

.P.S.: Thanks for the impressions on the SoM remake, I'll take them into consideration ^^
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014