Telltale Games shutting down

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Telltale Games shutting down

Post by Flare »

I have to admit, did not see this coming.

https://www.cnet.com/news/telltale-game ... w-remains/
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Re: Telltale Games shutting down

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Quite sad. Though I've never played any of their games, seeing a company that produces quality content go out of business is quite depressing.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Saw this last night and I was surprised about how bad the workers will get screwed. No unemployment, no severance, and only 1 week of healthcare. Definitely sucks. :/ I recently got their Back to the Future Game on GOG, though I haven't tried it yet. I heard it's pretty great. I haven't played much of their games though. I tried the Minecraft story demo on the PS4 demo, and thought it was really boring.

I admittedly had a grudge with them when I bought their Walking Dead Vita Bundle back in 2013 and they only gave a DEMO of their game, when they shadily advertised it as a full 5 episode game on the box. All I actually got was a little card for a "Free Demo for Episode 1 download code" in the box. Real dick move there!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6868110129 Just look at that FALSE advertising. Well, don't matter to me anymore, since the Vita is dead and it's also firmware hacked so you can put any game you want on there now heh.

No, I never disputed it, because that was the time my life turned upsidedown with sick father very shortly after I bought that, and I kinda forget about it till now. ^^;

Well, hoping and guessing other game studios will pick them up and that they are less shady in the future.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

The part about no severance and unemployment packages, that's what happens when they are unionized and operate in the Bay area. Production costs are too high to even turn a profit.

Good quality games but preferred to see their gameplays via letsplays.

Though anyone notice a trend of video game companies closing down or downsizing in the last 30 years? They just don't always turn a profit or become a one/two-hit wonder.