Deltarune

AKA: Undertale 2

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Deltarune

Post by Blake81 »

So, few weeks back, Beloved Fantroll Dog-Person/Apotheotic Indie Game Messiah TobyFox made a few posts in his Twitter hinting that he was working on something. And a few days later, on Halloween's eve, he provided a file that appeared to be a sort of survey of sorts he was making to his fans.... what we got instead was an Undertale sequel, a FREE Undertale sequel.

https://www.deltarune.com/

And expectedly, the Undertale fandom reacted like would a Catholic person witnessing the second coming of Christ. Which is odd, considering the game isn't TRULY a sequel to it.

TobyFox explained in some interviews that, when he was creating Undertale, he wanted to create an RPG, but instead wound up creating a game that wasn't quite that, so at a certain point, he started working on TWO games at the same time, Undertale and Deltarune (the later's title which you may realize is an anagram of Undertale), with Deltarune being the more ''RPGish'' of the two. The characters are the same, but different. The story is similar, but not the same. There's really not a continuity from the previous game, and many other things.

Yet, the signature elements that made Undertale the Game-Industry-Crushing Smash hit it was (and still is) are all there: Lovable and well-developed characters, surprising story that takes you in, hilarious pun-laden comedy, enough easter eggs to fill a thousand egg cartons, unique bullet-hell combat and the kind of cool soundtrack that could blow the inebriation out of ZUN.

The game is still far from finished tho; I wouldn't quite call it an Early Access so to say, as TobyFox isn't swindling his fans for money, and even asked people to NOT donate any money to him, as he insists that there's no need for that (tell me this guy isn't a saint.... go on, I dare you....) and after this release it's said it's gonna go on hiatus for some undetermined amount of time before coming back (OK, there's that....) but this whole ''Chapter 1'' of the game is solid as it is.

So, yeah, go out there and play it. You will love every second of it....
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Deltarune

Post by Flare »

And he's also said he has no clue when chapter 2 will come out too.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

I finally played Undertale on the Vita. To be honest, I'd just like a story mode option, because the battles..aren't enjoyable. Since I don't want to kill anything because I like all the monsters, it feels like torture dodging pixels for hours on end. Great writing, pixel art, great music, it's just that gameplay man...not my style at all. I still can't stand Sans, but his brother Papyrus is awesome, so I'll put up with him!

Anyways, free game! I'll try it.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

Really wondering how the Vessel is going to be used.
Spoiler: show
My hope is that it isn't some dumb bullshit where the Vessel hates the player for discarding it when the player had no say in doing so at all.