The Legends of Zelda

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

The Legends of Zelda

Post by Helios Leinheart »

I'm hardly the one that should be making this thread. Especially considering that I've only beaten just one of the many iterations in the series.

Don't get me wrong. I've played them all. But there was just one that could keep me enthralled with the experience from start to end, which wasn't easy considering how young I was at the time.

The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening
This gameboy classic has been hailed as quite possibly the best Zelda game by some. The story was mystical and entrancing. The puzzles were top notch and mind bending. And the cameo appearances were hilarious to say the least.

As was my routine as a kid, I would beat the game, and play it again. Rinse and repeat until I got a new game to obsess over (Pokemon Blue of course). I never got bored of it. The weapon I would always look forward to getting the most was the fire wand. A tool of destruction that lays waste to rows of bushes and enemies with a simple flick of your wrist. Priceless.

On another personal note, the game harbors one of the dearest tunes that I hold in my heart to this day.
[youtube]jreMRV4jx7k[/youtube]

There are moments in every child's life that changes them forever. Hearing that song was one of them for me. The next of course was waking the wind fish.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Re: The Legends of Zelda

Post by DogKama »

Fucking loved Link to the past! and Links awaking! Have yet to play Skyword Sword, but before I do need to beat Oracle of Ages, and Seasons and game link them, before rebeating Twilight Princess.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Nyctos
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Nyctos »

Ah, Zelda... I think it was the first game series I actually really go into, alongside Sonic, and it was Zelda that made me the Nintendo loyalist I am today. My first real exposure to the series was A Link To The Past, and I was hooked ever since. I used to try and beat Zelda 2, but, well, I'm pretty sure we all know how absurdly Nintendo Hard THAT is, yes? It, the very first Zelda, and I think maybe the Oracle duology are the only Zelda games I haven't beaten.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Post by Helios Leinheart »

I've played "A Link to the Past" about 7 times. Every time I start a new game, I get a little closer to the end than last time. Perhaps the next time I play, I'll finally see the end.

As for "Ocarina of Time", I was fast on my way to beating it, til I got stuck in the shadow temple and just kind of moved on.

"The Minish Cap", got so close to beating that as well. Til my computer conked out and I lost my save file.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Helios Leinheart wrote:I've played "A Link to the Past" about 7 times. Every time I start a new game, I get a little closer to the end than last time. Perhaps the next time I play, I'll finally see the end.

As for "Ocarina of Time", I was fast on my way to beating it, til I got stuck in the shadow temple and just kind of moved on.

"The Minish Cap", got so close to beating that as well. Til my computer conked out and I lost my save file.
I beat Link to the past about 7-8 times, and know where every weapon and most of the hearts are.

I almost beat Links awakening before the game broke.

Ocarina of Time I almost beat... go to the water temple, twice and my brother erased the data twice for animal crossing. Then got to the light temple( the one where you fight the twins) before he sold the game cube and memory card with it.

Four swords, Four Swords adventure, Minish cap, wind waker Twilight Princess, Phatom Hour Glass are the zeldas I beaten

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Razamataz22
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: The Unknown Creator
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Razamataz22 »

For me, I never got my hands on a Zelda game until the good old 64, and with that came my unhealthy obsession with Orcarina of Time. I'm not talking about the new 3DS version, but even when 3 dimensional graphics were only just being used it was astounding and I'd spend hours upon end mesmeroised by the specatcle in front of me. That and I would spend hours on end trying to figure out how to complete the freaking Water Temple but you get my point.
That who doth not truly exist, never cease to amaze
musical74
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Master of Mistakes
Favorite Monster Type: Siren, Fairy, Holsty o my!

Post by musical74 »

Ah Legend of Zelda...imagine my surprise, when after beating Gannon, I find out...it's only half over?!

Yeah I played LoZ, The Adventures of Link, and Link to the past a lot, never played any beyond that but played the first 3 quite a lot. I was REALLY shocked when I found 9 more levels after beating Ganon the first time, it was *uh? Where's the ending?* :lol: Best part was taking turns with a buddy, get so far then *DING* OK you're up! :)
Mina and Cassandra prove that you CAN have light and dark together!