Lamia

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Kuudere and One-eyed lover
Favorite Monster Type: Gazer, Golem, Cyclops, Chochin

Re: Lamia

Post by TheShadoek »

Perentie wrote:Oh, it was my understanding that for a humanoid form to fly realistically they would need massive chest muscles and much larger wing spans and would end up looking quite disproportionate, but perhaps those calculations were dependent on them having human-like weight to their bodies.
Well... The thing is that black harpies are outright stated to carry men back to their nests, so whatever these harpies do to fly has nothing to do with our understanding of physiology.

Then again, the bodies of most monstergirls are very strange when compared with what we know of biology. For example, goblins; they are tiny and thin, but most likely way stronger than i am. Pound to pound, they are likely to be stronger than any human being.

The closest thing that i can think would be a "viable" explaination for that, would be that the quantity of mana in a monstergirl's body works like the power levels in DBZ, strenghtening one's whole body the more it has.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

When it comes to monster girls, a thing of fantasy and magical powerz, I don't even bother with logic to be honest...
Hood
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Succubi Pimp
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi,Slimes,Centaurs,Lamias

Post by Hood »

TheShadoek wrote:The closest thing that i can think would be a "viable" explaination for that, would be that the quantity of mana in a monstergirl's body works like the power levels in DBZ, strenghtening one's whole body the more it has.
That, or the MGE world posses lesser gravity than ours, if you prefer a more logical explanation :^^: but...
Spoiler: show
:wall:
There are those who would scorn good-natured people. Even if God himself will
not show his face, a heartful person will one day take God's place in
visiting Judgement upon them. This is what is known as "Divine Retribution"
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TheShadoek »

Hood wrote:
That, or the MGE world posses lesser gravity than ours, if you prefer a more logical explanation
Lesser gravity brings much more complex questions problems than it solves, unfortunately. And, for a species akin to our world's humans, having gravity altered implies some radical changes in appearance, and life expectancy.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

TheShadoek wrote:Well... The thing is that black harpies are outright stated to carry men back to their nests, so whatever these harpies do to fly has nothing to do with our understanding of physiology.

Then again, the bodies of most monstergirls are very strange when compared with what we know of biology. For example, goblins; they are tiny and thin, but most likely way stronger than i am. Pound to pound, they are likely to be stronger than any human being.

The closest thing that i can think would be a "viable" explaination for that, would be that the quantity of mana in a monstergirl's body works like the power levels in DBZ, strenghtening one's whole body the more it has.
I agree with the application of mana, but I was also under the impression that general speaking a mamono's body is usually stronger when being compared to your average human. The gods did create them in that way, after all.

Along with their spirit energy, their bodies are just naturally able to pack more strength into their muscles.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TheShadoek »

Phantom77 wrote:I agree with the application of mana, but I was also under the impression that general speaking a mamono's body is usually stronger when being compared to your average human. The gods did create them in that way, after all.

Along with their spirit energy, their bodies are just naturally able to pack more strength into their muscles.
Well... Not quite. There are a large number of exceptions in which the monstergirl is not physically stronger than a human. In others this is only true in a very specific way (wererabbits might have legs powerful enough to hop circles around you as you are running, but they do not seem to share the arm strengh, hobgoblins have enormous brute strengh but are suggested to be sluggish while running compared to their comarades.) But your point remains, as it is unknown whether harpies have very strong chest muscles.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

TheShadoek wrote:
Phantom77 wrote:I agree with the application of mana, but I was also under the impression that general speaking a mamono's body is usually stronger when being compared to your average human. The gods did create them in that way, after all.

Well... Not quite. There are a large number of exceptions in which the monstergirl is not physically stronger than a human. In others this is only true in a very specific way (wererabbits might have legs powerful enough to hop circles around you as you are running, but they do not seem to share the arm strengh, hobgoblins have enormous brute strengh but are suggested to be sluggish while running compared to their comarades.) But your point remains, as it is unknown whether harpies have very strong chest muscles.
Oh, I'm aware of the exceptions, as I was saying just generally speaking.

On a side note, while I'm not that t much of a fan of the lamia, I have to admit her updated look is nice.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Before this goes to far out of context... while I understand that the current discussion was generated from comments about the Lamia's new book art, please direct all speculation about world mechanics to the relevant discussion area(s).

Thank you.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

04bc817cd2fd6ddcc4ac8a7a9cfd640a.jpg
Look who just got remastered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

It was just a matter of time that she got one (as the poor thing pretty much needed one and desperately so), but I wonder if she will also get her entry revamped (like the Harpy's that surprisingly got quite a decent upgrade) or if the revamp will be a merely cosmetic one (like that of the Black Harpy's that didn't anything other than a stunning visual upgrade).

I guess that we'll find out soon enough...

.P.S.: I wonder if the Honeybee will end up getting a revamp, she pretty much needs one too (and there was a new art for her if my memory recalls correctly).
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I admit the Harpy upgrade is nice, but I still like them both. :)

To me, she just looks like a Mia clone with different hair color now..eh. I'll wait for Perentie's opinion because I'm actually curious haha.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Perentie »

Well elsewhere I've made no secret that I adore the art update. :love: She's probably my favorite of the girls that got revamped in MGE volume 1. The hair, the chest, the hips, the sultry look in her slit pupils, its a well done look for a generic lamia race and makes me really look forward to how KC will do future ones.

I guess I can see the Miia comparison (though this lamia looks more mature in the face), but since I like that design as well it doesn't really effect how I see her. It still looks like an "evolved" style of the lamia art KC did originally.
DecafPirate
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Professional Slacker
Favorite Monster Type: Kitsune, Lamia, Cheshire Cat

Post by DecafPirate »

I think this updated portrait was included in the English print, wasn't? I feel like I remember being surprised by it when my copy first arrived. Of course I'm nowhere near my book right now so I can't confirm if that's true, or if I'm just deluding myself.

edit: Yeah, it's definitely there. I wonder what took them so long to update it online?
Last edited by DecafPirate on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Haven't you ever seen a skeleton before? I'm always smiling on the inside."
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

Are those erect nipples that mine eyes see?
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

KillMoves wrote:Are those erect nipples that mine eyes see?
Thine eyes so not deceive you friend. Her nipples are beautifully erect.

And while it may seem redundant to some, the Lamia has slithered beside the Apophis on my favs list. It just sucks that I can't list 5 monsters on my profile. :nono: I want mah succulent Demon lover with my bombastic Ryu, my sensual Lamia, my kuudere Cyclops and my bountiful Apophis. :love:
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

This revamp has already been translated in that other site go check it out if you want...

I must admit that I'm rather disappointed with the final result, as the translated text is pretty much the very same as it was on the previous book profile... The only thing it adds is a visual revamp (which it was necessary) with "Succubus' effect" included (that wasn't necessary for her since Lamiae (or at least this entry's Lamia) weren't that small when it comes to "lung capacity").

I guess it's not a bad effort per se... But I expected quite a bit more this time around...
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Oh yea...I forgot how he made all the new MGs succubi with different skins. :/ A harpy is a harpy and will NEVER be a succubus to me. Same with the rest like Lamia.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Feathers wrote:Oh yea...I forgot how he made all the new MGs succubi with different skins. :/ A harpy is a harpy and will NEVER be a succubus to me. Same with the rest like Lamia.
I'm not sure what you mean, functionally the only succubus aspect harpies and lamias got was the ability to feed on human mana (and they continue to mainly feed on normal food). In-setting they were lustful and used human men for reproduction even before the current Overlord came to power (albeit the instincts the gods gave them usually forced them to kill said men afterwards, with some individuals managing to fight it enough to learn to love and form relationships like marriage).
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I'm not sure what you mean
I think that he actually misinterpreted a part of my post (the part when I brought up the term "Succubus Effect" to be precise).
By that I was simply referring that every time the Succubus gets redrawn/revamp/reinvented/reimagined in this setting she always gets a majorly massive upgrade in the chest area... because of...yes (basically it's the only plausible reason I can come up with).

That also happened to every other entry every time it gets revamped (even both harpies were unable to escape from that) even if it's to a lesser extent compared to Succubus', and of course this ophidian lady here is not an exception.
That unnecessarily pointless embellishment is what I call the "Succubus Effect".

So I'd be grateful if you could be lenient on the poor lad since I don't think he deserves a "reeducation" for just a tiny misinterpretation of just one line (if you have the time and predispodistion to "adoctrinate" us around here, you could well use it on explaining how reptiles' shedding works to a certain user back on YOUR forum).
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:So I'd be grateful if you could be lenient on the poor lad since I don't think he deserves a "reeducation" for just a tiny misinterpretation of just one line (if you have the time and predispodistion to "adoctrinate" us around here, you could well use it on explaining how reptiles' shedding works to a certain user back on YOUR forum).
You mean Hinami in the lamia topic? Theirs is the only recent comment on shedding that I recall. Plus I am hesitant to assign real-world rules for the animals a given monster is based on, unless we know for sure they apply for that monster (and admittedly the profile has always said that its the snake portion that sheds skin, I assume Hinami was just not remembering that right, but they're clear on the meaning now so all's well).

And I consider Feathers a friend, we worked together on the profiles for some time. If I bother him with my questions/explanations I trust he'll let me know.