Lamia

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: Lamia

Post by Kaijin »

Would she try to strangle the guy if he looked at any other female? Or would she not be as possessive as it's a crush...or would she be MORE possessive?
Two things:

1-> They don't actually strangle, that was removed in the book expansion, they just wrap their bodies around the cheating dastard's body and squeeze it until that poor devil can't take it anymore and confess his cheating crimes. (Think of it as a full body bearhug)

2-> They are jealous, but also intelligent. A naga would never punish a man that actually doesn't deserve it. A naga wouldn't probably like that her man is staring lustfully at other women... but I doubt that she will punish him as long as it doesn't go any further (she'll possibly scowl at him though).

I hope it helps...
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Hood
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Succubi Pimp
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi,Slimes,Centaurs,Lamias

Post by Hood »

But it is not supposed that when a monster girl gets a partner, her smell and Demonic Energy precisely are used to avoid this kind of situations? You know, the cheating stuff?
There are those who would scorn good-natured people. Even if God himself will
not show his face, a heartful person will one day take God's place in
visiting Judgement upon them. This is what is known as "Divine Retribution"
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

A jealous person (or monster in this case) will ALWAYS be jealous regarding on his/her status or what his/her partner might be doing.
Even if they're single, even if they suffer from a one sided crush (or the crush is mutual but neither of them has mustered the courage to do anything yet), a naga is still a naga and she won't be too happy to see "her" man trying to get other women's attention... or viceversa.

But as I stated before, a naga won't go as far as to punish her mate as long as she doesn't have solid reasons to do so. As long as she doesn't notice other smells on her catch (considering her nature she can probably react badly to human women's smell on her mate) or traces of demonic energy she won't be using her coils to make him "sing".
SIERRA-116
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: MCPO Jason-116
Favorite Monster Type: Snakes, slimes, Alraunes, bugs
Location: Installation 05 "Green Zone" (Codename: Delta Halo GZ)

Post by SIERRA-116 »

Why hasn't the Lamia's art been updated?
To find him, you must forget the stories...

Forget the legends...

You have to do more than walk in his footsteps...

For he is more than the sum of his actions...

I tell you this, not because I trust you...

But because all our lives are at stake...

Because the seeds of our future... are sown in his past...
Zadocfish
High Priestess
High Priestess
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Zadocfish »

SIERRA-116 wrote:Why hasn't the Lamia's art been updated?
Apparently the hardcover, translated edition has the updated Lamia art!
I am a Christian. I also really, really like fish.
SIERRA-116
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by SIERRA-116 »

I know, I saw it on an imgur post. She looks good.

Forget the legends...

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Flare should get the honor of posting her in my opinion. :)
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus

Post by Perentie »

Feathers wrote:Flare should get the honor of posting her in my opinion. :)
Given KC hasn't put her or six of the other new arts online yet that may not be a good idea.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Zadocfish wrote:
SIERRA-116 wrote:Why hasn't the Lamia's art been updated?
Apparently the hardcover, translated edition has the updated Lamia art!
Actually, for what I've been hearing, ALL OF THE OLD PROFILES HAVE BEEN UPDATED. So far, I've only confirmed this was art-wise, but there might also be some changes to the profile itself, like with the Golem.

That said, here's the remade Harpy, for someone who might like it:

Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!
She lost her hands! The only thing that made her stand out among her family members is now gone...Sure, it's a nice revamp and all, I'll give him that, but somehow she seems blander now.

.P.S.: Also she kinda looks as if Papi is cosplaying as Sakawa... or a feathery version of Sakawa (I'll headcannon her spouting "Pyaa" sounds on a regular basis from now on).
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Oh heck yes that Harpy looks beautiful~ No complaints.
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Kuudere and One-eyed lover
Favorite Monster Type: Gazer, Golem, Cyclops, Chochin

Post by TheShadoek »

Kaijin wrote:
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!
She lost her hands! The only thing that made her stand out among her family members is now gone...Sure, it's a nice revamp and all, I'll give him that, but somehow she seems blander now.

.P.S.: Also she kinda looks as if Papi is cosplaying as Sakawa... or a feathery version of Sakawa (I'll headcannon her spouting "Pyaa" sounds on a regular basis from now on).
Harpy's image lost her hands since the book profile came out; the only one that got to keep them, until we see otherwise on the revamped art of this version of the book, is the Black Harpy.
Spoiler: show
051_Harpy_001.jpg
Spoiler: show
053_Black_Harpy_001.jpg
As for what i'm seeing lately... I'm not quite liking the new trend of constrictingly tight kneesocks, they just look so... painful, and she definetly didn't need those coming from below her feathers either; the poofy-looking chest is a plus though, unless you like to get creative and imagine how those harpies fit their tube tops.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raet
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Reality Melder
Favorite Monster Type: Erumo, Bovi, Slime, Lamia

Post by Raet »

First I want to start off by saying I do agree that lamia's art is far superior to her original art, so awesome job with this one! My only problem with her is her scales. Please note this is merely an artistic observation, but they are not quite visible enough and do not follow the pattern of real snake scales properly (it might just be because I have only seen a screenshot of the profile and quality may not have been perfect.) but I cannot really differentiate them from the scales on the eel girl. I will say though that it is a really nice looking profile picture :serenade:

With regards to the harpy my feelings are similar, I do love how she has been drawn. My only issue is I don't see those wings carrying her as they are not big enough (my impundulu has the same problem :wall: ), but more importantly she doesn't have realistic flight feathers. Those wings are more like an ostrich's wings and ostrich's cannot fly. Those stockings are an issue as well.

Otherwise I must state that I think he has done a great job with these two pictures :goodjob:
ImageImage
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Those wings are more like an ostrich's wings and ostrich's cannot fly.
Well, that didn't stop the JubJub from having (somewhat limited) flight capabilities, despite being pretty much a kiwiesque harpy physiologically speaking...^^U
Anyway... Actually that's actually something I would want to see implemented one day: A taller, more toned ostrich based harpy. Yeah, she would be unable to fly, but she would have a pair on long, toned (and hopefully smoking hot) legs able to achieve great running speed to compensate that.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Raet wrote:First I want to start off by saying I do agree that lamia's art is far superior to her original art, so awesome job with this one! My only problem with her is her scales. Please note this is merely an artistic observation, but they are not quite visible enough and do not follow the pattern of real snake scales properly (it might just be because I have only seen a screenshot of the profile and quality may not have been perfect.) but I cannot really differentiate them from the scales on the eel girl. I will say though that it is a really nice looking profile picture :serenade:
But the unagi doesn't have any scales as far as I can tell...

With the book in hand I can confirm that aside from the belly scales KC didn't really draw individual scales on most of the body. Its rather like the basilisk art (and Alice from MGQ), with only a scattering of scales detailed on various parts. And owning several pet snakes myself they are a fairly good approximation (i.e. they don't overlap like fish scales), if a far amount larger in proportion.

Can't say why for sure, maybe its to save time or to produce a more "anime" style look, but relatively few artists seem to detail lamia scales (unless they make the scales very big).
With regards to the harpy my feelings are similar, I do love how she has been drawn. My only issue is I don't see those wings carrying her as they are not big enough (my impundulu has the same problem :wall: ), but more importantly she doesn't have realistic flight feathers. Those wings are more like an ostrich's wings and ostrich's cannot fly. Those stockings are an issue as well.
I always thought monster girl flight pretty much had to be magic assisted anyway, like pegasi in My Little Pony. ;)

<><><>

For those who are curious, aside from the golem, six girls got new art:

Lamia
Harpy
Black Harpy
Red Oni
Devil Bug
Gargoyle

And various girls that lacked thumbs in the online profiles now have them (but that was true of the Japanese version as well), ones like anubis and sphinx.
SIERRA-116
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by SIERRA-116 »

Can I just point out that, of all the artists I've seen, Graydrone is one who has put the most effort into drawing scales.

Forget the legends...

Raet
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Reality Melder
Favorite Monster Type: Erumo, Bovi, Slime, Lamia

Post by Raet »

Perentie wrote: With the book in hand I can confirm that aside from the belly scales KC didn't really draw individual scales on most of the body. Its rather like the basilisk art (and Alice from MGQ), with only a scattering of scales detailed on various parts. And owning several pet snakes myself they are a fairly good approximation (i.e. they don't overlap like fish scales), if a far amount larger in proportion.

Can't say why for sure, maybe its to save time or to produce a more "anime" style look, but relatively few artists seem to detail lamia scales (unless they make the scales very big).

I can get behind the idea of it trying to preserve the anime look. I will say though that snake scales do overlap, though not as much as fish scales. Just look at even the beginning of these videos and it is very very clear.

[youtube]CWUEoup5YUk[/youtube]
[youtube]pyYwMXWLPlc[/youtube]

As I said though, it is only an artistic observation, I think her profile art is great. For the harpy I am not sure, maybe there is magic, but magic shouldn't be governing a basic action though. A harpy is a bird woman, she should be able to fly without magic.
ImageImage
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I always thought monster girl flight pretty much had to be magic assisted anyway
Ah... It's been a long time since I actually got to post my universal go to answer to MGE, I kinda missed it.

It works for absolutely EVERYTHING in MGE's setting

.P.S.:
And various girls that lacked thumbs in the online profiles now have them, ones like anubis and sphinx.
Thumbs as in thumbnails? Or thumbs as in the finger?
If it's the second...Why? Why would they even need that? They don't have human hands to begin with... Their paws gain no benefit from that (the only one who could potentially gain something out from such a Promestinian "evolution" is a certain Lescatian character that is 33% elf, 33% lycanthrope (because of...yeah) and 33% Soul Edge)
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Kuudere and One-eyed lover
Favorite Monster Type: Gazer, Golem, Cyclops, Chochin

Post by TheShadoek »

I always thought monster girl flight pretty much had to be magic assisted anyway
The design on the physiology of harpies is something i've always avoided since it makes little sense; being petite in build because they need to be light in order to fly, yet being able to carry men to their nests... Yeah.

I've only seen a handfull of satisfying harpy designs, and some of them being based off land birds rather than flying ones.
Raet wrote:For the harpy I am not sure, maybe there is magic, but magic shouldn't be governing a basic action though. A harpy is a bird woman, she should be able to fly without magic.
This, however, i'll have to agree. This is a core aspect of the monstergirl, just like Mermaids and Sahuagin can breathe underwater whithout the aid of magic. Making it so the flight of a monstergirl is partially reliant on magic while she is supposed, at least, to be a creature adapted for flying is beyond a very poor choice for world design.
Kaijin wrote:
And various girls that lacked thumbs in the online profiles now have them, ones like anubis and sphinx.
If it's the second...Why? Why would they even need that? They don't have human hands to begin with... Their paws gain no benefit from that
Because they were drawn with three fingers, whilist they should have four, and it's not a fully functional thumb, but a stiff one.

Technically speaking as well, Felidae also have an odd finger that could work as a pseaudo-thumb.
Kaijin wrote:(the only one who could potentially gain something out from such a Promestinian "evolution" is a certain Lescatian character that is 33% elf, 33% lycanthrope (because of...yeah) and 33% Soul Edge)
Werewolves don't have paws in this setting. They have clawed, fur-covered hands.

EDIT:
Raet wrote:With regards to the harpy my feelings are similar, I do love how she has been drawn. My only issue is I don't see those wings carrying her as they are not big enough
I just noticed the fact that her wings are folded inwards in a similar manner than the Wyvern's are, which, when extended, could most likely give twice the wingspan. Yet the fluffy feathers, indeed, will not take her anywhere regardless, with air going right through them.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Raet wrote:I can get behind the idea of it trying to preserve the anime look. I will say though that snake scales do overlap, though not as much as fish scales. Just look at even the beginning of these videos and it is very very clear.
Hmmm, well I feel silly, it seems to depend on the part of the body, if the snake is stretching any of its skin, etc. On my snakes on several portions of their length there is little if any overlap, and I guess as long as I can see the full shape of the scale I didn't count it as having any overlap.
As I said though, it is only an artistic observation, I think her profile art is great. For the harpy I am not sure, maybe there is magic, but magic shouldn't be governing a basic action though. A harpy is a bird woman, she should be able to fly without magic.
Oh, it was my understanding that for a humanoid form to fly realistically they would need massive chest muscles and much larger wing spans and would end up looking quite disproportionate, but perhaps those calculations were dependent on them having human-like weight to their bodies.