Wurm

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Jstuckey2012
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Good Old Dixie Guy
Favorite Monster Type: All of 'em!

Re: Wurm

Post by Jstuckey2012 »

This is the first time I know of that a new MG has gotten a cool reception on TMM. :cry:
If fish are sea kittens, does that make mermaids sea catgirls?
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Post by Helios Leinheart »

I like her, she's just not really breathtaking. Lets get some fluff in here. Scales are cold and hard.
Severontous
Moon
Moon
Official Title: Resident U.S. Army Veteran
Personal Title: Ever tired man
Favorite Monster Type: Dangerous 1 nobody else wants.

Post by Severontous »

Jstuckey2012 wrote:This is the first time I know of that a new MG has gotten a cool reception on TMM. :cry:
Starting to actually look like another place I know if you ask me with a few individuals
Godforbid of course.
Spoiler: show
I am the bone of my HitBox
Sanwa is my body and Salt is my blood
I have wiffed over a thousand DPs
Unknown to SRK, Nor known to the FGC
Have withstood pain to create many combos
Yet, those combos will never hit anything
So as I pray, INFERNO DIVIDER
Shadow of Legend
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: God of Insanity
Favorite Monster Type: The lizard-types

Post by Shadow of Legend »

Helios Leinheart wrote:I like her, she's just not really breathtaking. Lets get some fluff in here. Scales are cold and hard.

I'm sure those of the Salamander and maybe the Lamia would be warm, and maybe even soft (in the case of the former) when it's time for intimacy. The regular Dragon's might be, too. At the risk of getting pegged again, I'll mention that Alexandra's scales are warm, and though they're usually somewhat hard, they become as soft and pliable as she does when it's "fun time".

I heard that, Sol.

*She grins wickedly*

Damn it...
From the hate-scorched sky!
With righteous anger in our hearts!
We draw forth the sword that smites evil!
Thou art the innocent blade----Demonbane!

Lemuria Impact:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtkCGQ9aTIc

Lemuria Impact translation:
"In this World of Light, there is no place for you of the Darkness!
Thirst not! Hunger not! Return to the Void!
Lemuria Impact!"

"Sublimate!"
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

Kaijin wrote:A nice cover does NOT make an interesting book after all...
Totally agreed, I recall KC doing this manga.

http://g.e-hentai.org/g/512486/a7fa0f8eeb/

.....Then I found out his artwork was ONLY the cover art and nothing more..... what a total disappointment I felt afterwards.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

Shadow of Legend wrote:
Helios Leinheart wrote:I like her, she's just not really breathtaking. Lets get some fluff in here. Scales are cold and hard.

I'm sure those of the Salamander and maybe the Lamia would be warm, and maybe even soft (in the case of the former) when it's time for intimacy. The regular Dragon's might be, too. At the risk of getting pegged again, I'll mention that Alexandra's scales are warm, and though they're usually somewhat hard, they become as soft and pliable as she does when it's "fun time".

I heard that, Sol.

*She grins wickedly*

Damn it...
Aww. That's nice. :shy 2:
usar
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Hunter
Favorite Monster Type: Wolf, Cat, Reptile Types

Post by usar »

Where is this translated profile? I can't find it :^^;: and I want to know why are you so disappointed.
Ah nevermind I found it :D
Well... Good enough I think. You just expected too much ;)
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

Is the translation going to be posted here?
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Pierce, the gallery you linked was deleted but I kinda imagine the image you were trying to link.

.P.S.:
Starting to actually look like another place I know if you ask me with a few individuals
Godforbid of course.
Before heading right into some nasty and unnecessary comparisions... Just remember a line you said 9 days ago.
Severontous wrote:Now go away and let me have my illusion. >_>
Just treat the people in the same fashion you want to be treated.
If you don't want people to butt in and shatter your illusions, just don't go doing the same.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
ShadowBladeX
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Demonic Shadow Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Salamander, Lilim, Vampire

Post by ShadowBladeX »

Severontous wrote:
Jstuckey2012 wrote:This is the first time I know of that a new MG has gotten a cool reception on TMM. :cry:
Godforbid of course.
Honestly, I don't see it. Not every translated profile is going to be loved by everyone and people are going to voice their opinions on that. Also, this kind of reception is nothing but people giving opinions in a respectful manner. I don't see anyone insulting another person for having a different taste. Just people who don't fully like the translated profile.
Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! - Sergeant Avery Johnson (Halo)

My favorite monster girls (Names for those whom I remember. Will update when I come up with more names.
Spoiler: show
Number one spot: Liandra Aria (Salamander)/Lady Ryong (Ryu)
Serena Drakemore(Elf)
Tiamat (Dragon)
Leona DeLocke (Dark Elf)
Victoria Degale(Alp)
Xentheria - Lilim
Elizabeth (Eliza) Fatima(Lizardman)
Witch
Nova (Ignis)
Akira (Werewolf)
Sarah Del Rizer (Vampire)
Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Friendly werewolf
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf, Kikimora, Anubis

Post by Gamergirl64 »

Where'd the translation go?! I could have sworn it was posted on there!
(signature made by Pokemonaces)
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

Probably taken down and being double-checked to make sure it's accurate.

Or some other reason entirely.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
BaroqueSieben
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Crash Pilotsky, Plane Lander
Favorite Monster Type: Sahuagin

Post by BaroqueSieben »

Kaijin wrote:Darn... I forgot about the "lesser dragon" part...
Since when a Wyrm is a lesser dragon? Serpents have never been "lesser" they have always had both the power and attitude to be considered full fledged dragons.
Not all things are big. To think the two would be similar, when the serpents you reference have a history of being majestic and the monster being referenced has a history of being, well, vicious and uncaring, is jumping into a pit of one's own digging. It's like the Dullahan and the Headless Horseman -- the appearance is similar, but the myths aren't the same. (The former: Unseelie faerie; the latter: Undead rider.)
Kaijin wrote:Calling beings as Quetzacoatl, Leviathan, Jörmungandr or Tiamat (not all of them are wyrms, but all of them are serpents) "lesser dragons" is just outrageous. It would be like calling a tiger "lesser lion" just because it's different from a lion.
Just because a housecat and a lion are both felines, does not mean you should hold a housecat to the standards of a lion.

We have the Ryu already as an example of a dragon with majesty, as her source material is traditionally majestic; it stands to reason that when one of those examples you have given (Quetzalcoatl, Leviathan, et al) are brought in, they will be given their just dues, given that which they have had sewn in their respective mythos. That this monster which lacks a history of grandeur is not given grandeur is not an affront to any of them like you appear to be making it out to be.

I can understand if you dislike this mamono for her personality, but that you're disliking it because she's not like the other serpents that are decidedly different from her I just don't quite get it.

EDIT: Edited the above to be a bit less vinegar and a bit more point.
Any landing you can walk away from . . .
Avatar art was found on Pixiv and is by cahf. Link to original.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Well put Baroque. Personally, what miffed me more was her aspect of intelligence. Don't know if that'll change when the revision is done, but regardless. As unfortunate as it may seem, I can understand where KK went with this (or at least what the initial description placed)

Every girl he depicts will always be slightly different then the previous. By how much is up to him, and the background of the mythos as mentioned before. But this means that not every 'girl of a given 'type' will be similar in some aspects. Some will be quite loving and easy to get along with, others will be more monstrous. It runs to whole gamut or spectrum, and there will be more to fill all the little niches that so far hae been left unfilled.

For now, I'll withold judgement on the Wurm until the translation returns. While I hope there is a change in intelligence, if there isn't then that's that.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Just because a housecat and a lion are both felines, does not mean you should hold a housecat to the standards of a lion.
Are you mocking me or something?
I just pointed that out because it was the thing KK did with this very profile.

A drake is a lesser dragon (to some extent), a dragonet is a lesser dragon even a wyvern could be considered a lesser dragon. However a serpent (wyrm included) is a full fledged dragon on its own right both power and personality wise.

.P.S.:
We have the Ryu already as an example of a dragon with majesty
Well...duh...¬¬
You've been lecturing me for "glorifying" a race by naming its most important members and... oh the irony...
You happen to choose the worst example possibe.
MGE's Ryu has that majestic and dignified air because it's not based on your average Chinese dragon, but on Shinryu/Shenlong itself. It has Shinryu's (mythologic version) powers (able to control weather at will) and god status, and it has Shinryu's (Dragon Ball version) appearance.

If you want to prove a point/correct to another persion, first try to check your facts properly or you'll just end up laughing at the person you're trying to talk to.
usar
Magician
Magician

Post by usar »

Creator_Drake wrote: For now, I'll withold judgement on the Wurm until the translation returns. While I hope there is a change in intelligence, if there isn't then that's that.
Well I don't think that the first translation is inaccurate to that extent ;) So don't hope too much ;)
I don't understand why are you so against her profile. Kenkou Cross made her that way and that way she should be. That's all.
Kaijin wrote: A drake is a lesser dragon (to some extent), a dragonet is a lesser dragon even a wyvern could be considered a lesser dragon. However a serpent (wyrm included) is a full fledged dragon on its own right both power and personality wise.
Pointless discussion.
Let me tell you about old dragon-related legends in my country. (as you can see my ingrish not verrry goood ;) )
"Our" dragon is called Zmij. He is featured as:
Black flying DRAGON, which can command lightnings and is familiar of Perun (god of storm and war).
Black flying DRAGON, which can command lightnings and is enemy of Perun.
Hell knows what, but don't have legs or wings, is a big serpent and king of snakes. He is "good" creature, which fight with "bad" flying dragons.
And our eastern neighbours features him as: big green dragon (sometimes to big to fly... but I'm not sure about this) with 2, 3 heads.
As you can see: one name and maaaaany descriptions. And I think that with this Wurm/Wyrm/Worm is the same issue.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

First of all: I love Slavic folklore (and it saddens me that I happen to know so little about it)
Second: What's the point of that? I was just telling a person who tried to own me by alluding my examples as deities that he chose the worst example possible to his speech, thus backfiring.

If you want to talk about Slavic folklore you have a place in this forum to speak at length about it (and I'll be a follower for sure). Other than that the only thing I could get out of this is that Zmij/Zmey/Zmaj is indeed a Wyrm (despite that images tend to depict it as fire breathing hydra) and that you're Polish.
usar
Magician
Magician

Post by usar »

I just wanted to point out, that the same tales, talking about the same creatures, often describes them with such differences, that it is impossible to made smt like "objective" encyclopedia. I didn't want to make offtopic, I just wanted to explain (or tried to) why Kenkou Cross made such profile, and that he could do it without making a mistake.

Zmij as fire breathing "hydra" is from russian tales ;)
BaroqueSieben
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Crash Pilotsky, Plane Lander
Favorite Monster Type: Sahuagin

Post by BaroqueSieben »

Kaijin wrote:
Are you mocking me or something?
I just pointed that out because it was the thing KK did with this very profile.

A drake is a lesser dragon (to some extent), a dragonet is a lesser dragon even a wyvern could be considered a lesser dragon. However a serpent (wyrm included) is a full fledged dragon on its own right both power and personality wise.
I was using that as a rhetorical device to point out that just because two creatures are in a similar category, that it does not mean you should hold one to the standard of another. Also, the intent was not to mock you, so simmer down pal.

If the way I'm stating my point is getting you riled up, I apologize, but really -- this isn't the end of the world nor an attack upon you, so would you kindly step off my toes about it?
Kaijin wrote:.P.S.:
We have the Ryu already as an example of a dragon with majesty
Well...duh...¬¬
You've been lecturing me for "glorifying" a race by naming its most important members and... oh the irony...
You happen to choose the worst example possibe.
. . .
If you want to prove a point/correct to another persion, first try to check your facts properly or you'll just end up laughing at the person you're trying to talk to.
Please don't tell me to check my facts when you miss my point this badly? Nevermind that my intention was never, to quote you, to "own" you.
:wall:
I was using Ryu as an example of how, when/if Kenkou gets to the specific examples you cited, he'd do them justice. This isn't the same reason you were shouting about Tiamat, Quetzalcoatl, Leviathan, etc. for, so there's no irony or idiocy going on. When Kenkou had Ryu? She was majestic, because her mythos was of majesty -- as you went out of your way to illustrate gloriously as though it ran counter to my point. When Kenkou had Wurm? She was ruthless and did what she wanted to get what she wanted, because that's pretty much what Ye Olde Westerne Dragon was about, as far as tales of yore and modern interpretations of the same go.

And to think, I'd edited my post to try to avoid this kind of angry response from you! Shows what I know about other people.

(EDIT: Edited THIS post to be a little less of a returning vitriol.)
Last edited by BaroqueSieben on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any landing you can walk away from . . .
Avatar art was found on Pixiv and is by cahf. Link to original.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

She was majestic, because her mythos was of majesty --
Shenlong is not majestic, is whimiscal and has a desperate craving of affection... if Shenlong doesn't get praised enough she doesn't do jack. The attitude MGE's Ryu has comes from the region she's based on MGE's universe ("Zipangu Aura" as I call it).

Other than that this is absolutely pointless, it's like headbutting against a wall. If you want to keep going on and reversing my words fine but I have things way more important to do with my time.