Monster Girl Encyclopaedia - 1

Translation by Gullinbursti aka Amanomiya

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Tsar CUBE
World
World
Official Title: God of TMM
Personal Title: Resident Angry Scientist
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi

Monster Girl Encyclopaedia - 1

Post by Tsar CUBE »

Written by Kenkou Cross

http://kurobine.sakura.ne.jp/

Translated by Gullinbursti (aka Amanomiya)

http://monstergirlredux.forumotion.com/

Cover

Page 006
009_Info_1_001_zps1dd3acf0.png
Page 007
010_Info_2_001_zps6bbd9042.png
Page 170
173_Dullahan_001_zps28e36f1c.png
Page 171
174_du10.png
Translator's Notes:
Demon Realm - Why did I translate “Makai” into “Devildom, because KC himself, and some of his fans, have all told me that’s what they call it when they use English. Does it sound a little childish and silly, sure, but I think that's the point, the setting isn't meant to be some heavy western epic fantasy, its a riff on silly JRPG tropes mixed with some risque boobage.

Human Male’s Spirit – Why did I change it into “Semen”, there is a pun here that isn’t really able to translate well, KC uses a term that can be read as “Spirit, Will, Vigour” but it can also be read as “Semen”. Yes, some monster girls do use another term that’s similar and also means “semen” with less punny connotations, those I’ll tackle when I come across them (I’m thinking I’ll go literal with those and use “sexual fluids”).

Demon Lord – Why do I keep Maou as Maou, because I don’t think “Great Satan, Devil King, Lord Satan” translates or flows well. In Japanese pop culture Maou is used all the time in anime, manga, gaming without having such heavy connotations as having “Shaitan” does in an English epic fantasy. We also don’t change Girtablilu (Babylonian) into “Scorpion Man” or Alp (German) into “Lady Boy Succubus”. Removing every mention of Japanese from what’s originally a Japanese book seems to be a knee jerk reaction to people decrying “weeabooism”.

? Family - Why did I change family to genus you ask, because the kanji used is the literal kanji for "genus" and family/genus are different scientific terms used in the classification of bilological and fossil organisms. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genus and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_%28biology%29 .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tsar CUBE
World
World
Official Title: God of TMM
Personal Title: Resident Angry Scientist
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi

Re: Monster Girl Encyclopaedia - 1

Post by Tsar CUBE »

Pages are out of order because Gullinbursti does them based on which parts pique his interest at the time. Also, please don't post setting info from his site unless seven days has passed since he released them, or I will bitch slap you! :^^: .
Radaboum
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: Wight, Lilim, Apophis

Settings Dicussion

Post by Radaboum »

Content moved here to discuss the way things are working in the MGE Universe. (dragonstryke58)
Yet ironically he has yet to mention how the Demon Lady has been (or will be) able to finally pull it off. (Rather than by the use of the deus ex machina power known as "the plot demands it")
Well, it's said in the setting that the Demon lord and the chief god are litterally into a power struggle over the essence of monsters. The Demon lord's influence has made monster into monster girls and what prevent her from allowing them to bear male children is the remaining influence of the Chief god. It's all about "holy" and "demonic" energy.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: Troll

Post by Kaijin »

...Yeah...Any person who has read profiles can get that concept...^^U

...But that still doesn't explain how she manages to break the power struggle between two faction... Just saying.
As of now the only explanation we have to a hypothetical solution is that "plot demands it".
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Radaboum
Magician
Magician

Post by Radaboum »

I don't know if i correctly understood you but i'll try to answer ^^
I have read that she had enough power when she ascend to change monster into monster girls or at least she had this intention. When the chief god understood she was not following her/him, a big fight broke and with the assistance of the Demon Lord husband, a former hero, they inflicted a severe injury to the chief god. Since then, the power of the DL increased for each new Mamono, each time those have sex including herself. When the time when she has enough power to erase the chief god influence over Mamono will come and allow them to bear male children.
Last edited by Radaboum on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

she has enough power to erase the chief god influence over Mamono will come and allow them to bear male children.
If your statement happens to be true... (Which I highly doubt, since it reeks to pure speculation) it's most likely the saddest thing I've read IN MONTHS
You're basically saying that her "master plan" which is pretty much a combination of both Makunoichi Ippo (rush head on and keep adamantly on it) and Morrigan Aensland (fuck anything it moves) strategies, ends up succeeding because she spent more time mating like a horny bunny than actually trying to find a logical, viable and (most likely) peaceful solution to a problem that she caused and managed to make even worse (to the point of bringing both mankind and monsterkind extremely close to extinction) due to her sheer stubborness and incompetence...

I was not expecting a stroke of genius in the final solution... But heck... a bit of effort would be appreciated.
Radaboum
Magician
Magician

Post by Radaboum »

Well i'm sorry, it's not up to your expectation but that's what is written on MGE 1. Here :
However, as for the demon's lord's power, every time the demon lord stores power, every time the monsters increase in number, and every time the demon realm expands, it grows stronger. If the demon lord's power continues to increase at this rate, eventually she'll be able to completely overwrite and establish the monster girls' settings. If it occurs, then incubi will end up also being born from monster girls. Human men and monster girls will seek one another, and then it can lead to the rebirth of a new human race.

Presently, it is said that the demon lord and her husband who is the human hero keep doing nothing but endless copulation deep within the demon lord's castle in order to build up demonic energy. They're an incubus and succubus couple, and the more they have sex, the more power they are able to grant to one another. Their power keeps rapidly growing more immense.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

The fact that is set in stone, doesn't make it any better nor better thought (besides, could you be kind enough to not lecture me like a moron? Sadly enough I'm familiar with the setting).
It's lazy, silly, poorly thought and even worse written.
Even a 6 year old child could easily come up not only with something better but way more sensible and coherent.

.P.S.:
Well i'm sorry, it's not up to your expectation
Are you jesting me, aren't you? Nevermind... Like I've stated countless times in the past I've got no expectations for this setting, the only reason I follow MGE is basicly artistic, while Mr. Cross has proven how poor are his skills at writing, plot cohesion and world building. The fellow has insane skills as an illustrator (to my MGE is nothing but a stunning art book.).
Radaboum
Magician
Magician

Post by Radaboum »

Well, i just answered to you to prove i was not speculating. ^^
Don't worry i'm not lecturing you or anything just backing up my statement. Nor i am jesting either by the way, i did not intend to offend you.
Also i don't think KC wanted to do something complicated, just a bit of erotic fantasy. I appreciate it for what it is and i don't doubt that if he wanted to create something more intricated he could do it.

Like you i also enjoy quite a bit the art. It's quite amazing. I wonder what he will create next. ^^
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

i don't think KC wanted to do something complicated
More like he couldn't do anything deeper and more developed (there's a huge gap wanting to do something and being able to do so).
This scenario is one of these where it could have gotten a huge benefit if he were the first to acknowledge his very own limitations, focused on he did best and let the literary effort to someone actually able to keep up with the amazingly high standards set by the illustrations (there's no shame in accepting your very own limitations).
Solarn
Fool
Fool
Favorite Monster Type: MGE Baphomet, Manticore

Post by Solarn »

Tsar CUBE wrote:
Demon Realm - Why did I translate “Makai” into “Devildom, because KC himself, and some of his fans, have all told me that’s what they call it when they use English. Does it sound a little childish and silly, sure, but I think that's the point, the setting isn't meant to be some heavy western epic fantasy, its a riff on silly JRPG tropes mixed with some risque boobage.
Fact is, literally every fantasy term sounds childish and silly to some extent. Fantasy fans have just learned to ignore that. So I don't really care about that, "Devildom" sounds good to me.

As for the Demon Lord's plans... she's a succubus. One who lucked into awesome power, sure, but still just a basic succubus. Did you expect her master plan not to be "fuck as much as I can and everything will work out"? Besides, this way someone can write a good story about another hero venturing into her realm to convince her that maybe peace with humanity would be a better option than just turning everyone into monsters/incubi.
Raja-Ulat
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: The Bookworm
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Raja-Ulat »

Solarn wrote:
Tsar CUBE wrote:
Fact is, literally every fantasy term sounds childish and silly to some extent. Fantasy fans have just learned to ignore that. So I don't really care about that, "Devildom" sounds good to me.

As for the Demon Lord's plans... she's a succubus. One who lucked into awesome power, sure, but still just a basic succubus. Did you expect her master plan not to be "fuck as much as I can and everything will work out"? Besides, this way someone can write a good story about another hero venturing into her realm to convince her that maybe peace with humanity would be a better option than just turning everyone into monsters/incubi.
Amen to that. :goodjob:
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Apparently they're release the first MGE vol 1 book as a hardback this October, and if I'm reading it right it'll be in english.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Fur-man
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: the magic scientist fox
Favorite Monster Type: big boobed ones

Post by Fur-man »

DogKama wrote:Apparently they're release the first MGE vol 1 book as a hardback this October, and if I'm reading it right it'll be in english.

Do you think the MGE world guide one and 2 will follow this?
ImageImageImage

hay I mite as well be a jack-of-alltrads
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Fur-man wrote:
DogKama wrote:Apparently they're release the first MGE vol 1 book as a hardback this October, and if I'm reading it right it'll be in english.

Hard to say seeing how long it took the first volume, but its possible considering how popular mgs have become.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Fur-man
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Fur-man »

DogKama wrote:
Fur-man wrote:

Hard to say seeing how long it took the first volume, but its possible considering how popular mgs have become.
I live forever floteing in the sea of hope :wow:
ImageImageImage

Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

If the first book sells well and is well received, I don't see why he will not have the other book sold here as well.
lv27_robothero
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Ally of Anon Jr. and time god
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by lv27_robothero »

It's already best seller on amazon in a few areas.
My wives
Yuri the Ryu ,Sally the Wurm, Lisa the Dragon, Asterius the Minotaur, Freya the Valkyrie, and Teffy the Pharaoh
My Children
Spoiler: show
Kira the Holy Dragon, from Lisa.
Meiling the Ryu, from Yuri.
Bath Kol the Valkyrie From Freya
Fur-man
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Fur-man »

lv27_robothero wrote:It's already best seller on amazon in a few areas.
My hope is riseing more :XD: EDIT: the book is now a best seller here in the UK its super poppler! :happyness:

I got my book it's great I need the second book and the world encyclopaedia too best book ever!!!! :happyness: :serenade: :nosebleed:

HAY EVERYONE!!! I GOT NEWS!! I may have a amazon date for the second book 17 Oct 2014 :shy: :wow: :please:
ImageImageImage