Apophis

Dark Serpent of the Sands

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
ShadowTengu
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Sky Pirate
Favorite Monster Type: Sylph, Bicorn

Re: Apophis

Post by ShadowTengu »

Yeah, 50 bucks says this chick's gonna be the next Ushi-Oni. :XD:
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

That's the understatement of the millennium... this one makes look Uhsi Onis/Gyuukis like helpless village girls in comparision.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Kaijin wrote:That's the understatement of the millennium... this one makes look Uhsi Onis/Gyuukis like helpless village girls in comparision.
+100 to that.

She's like a walking corruption dispenser. I'm sure that we'll be seeing the profiles of a corrupted Pharaoh, Sphinx and Anubis soon enough. And I'm not thrilled with that idea......
the void
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: reclusive
Favorite Monster Type: Patchouli Knowledge

Post by the void »

yeah....i don't like her.i read the translated one and i really don't like how her venom acts like mercury. it just stays in the system, if your bit its pretty much game over.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

the void wrote:yeah....i don't like her.i read the translated one and i really don't like how her venom acts like mercury. it just stays in the system, if your bit its pretty much game over.
I agree with that, I don't like one hitter. Could be a good boss fight in my game idea tho
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

Didn't I call that way back in page one, about her being an evil bitch?
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Apophedon

Post by Kaijin »

i really don't like how her venom acts like mercury. it just stays in the system, if your bit its pretty much game over.
If it only affected humans would be understandable.

But this one has the ability to alter monsters, rewrite them (not physically but manages to rewrite the mind and personality of her victims through chemical induced mind rape), that's something that not even Mary Sue creatures like the pharaoh, the dark matter, the lili cannot do... And I even doubt that the Demon Lady herself can even do that...

This one is not a Mary Sue, but a Deus Ex Machina... A nearly unstoppable corruptuon machine (the only way to stop her is placing a handsome man in front of her).

I don't get why tried to accomplish Kenkou with this one... She's an enemy into the Demon Realm arms, altering the Demon Lady's creations it's clear sign of defiance to her authority.

.P.S.:
I'm sure that we'll be seeing the profiles of a corrupted Pharaoh, Sphinx and Anubis soon enough. And I'm not thrilled with that idea......
Please...no...x_x
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Kaijin wrote:She's an enemy into the Demon Realm arms, altering the Demon Lady's creations it's clear sign of defiance to her authority.
That's an interesting way to see things. Maybe she's after the power and position of the Demon Lady herself; and that's why she's creating her own miniature demon realm. Such a theory of conspiration and political intrigue seems quite possible IMHO.

Perhaps KK is trying to give the feeling that there are different factions within the Demons, each with their own interests.
Kaijin wrote:I'm sure that we'll be seeing the profiles of a corrupted Pharaoh, Sphinx and Anubis soon enough. And I'm not thrilled with that idea......

Please...no...x_x
Yeah man, I reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaly hope that I'm 300% wrong with that, but knowing KK's love for corruption..... it certainly wouldn't suprise me...... Last thing I'd ever want to see is my beloved Anubis turned into some corrupt monstrosity......
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

I've seen a translated English one on Gelbooru earlier. Man I knew she had a connection with the Paraoh. And I think they are both looking for the same cause, it's just that the pharoah wants it to be a civil place while the Apophis just wants it to be a total f*ck fest, which is fine by me
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

After seeing said translation, she's already blacklisted from my interests, too much of a megalomaniac to me. Excellent villain archetype similar to what Peacekeeper said.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Pharaoh vs. Apophis... A flawless example of Good vs. Evil. Yet, the presence of an evil counterpart like her makes the Pharaoh look even nicer because of the contrasts.

She makes an excelent villian indeed. Hell, I think we could easily say she's the most EVIL member of the MGE so far.... I mean, the Ushi-Oni, the Dryad, the Matango, the Oomukade; they all look like Yetis or Unicorns when compared to the Apophis.....
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Anyway, I bring WIP fanart from an artist.

Artist is 15 year old girl
usar
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Hunter
Favorite Monster Type: Wolf, Cat, Reptile Types

Post by usar »

Well, not every MG can be a good girl, right? ;)
Then Shirohebi remains my favourite lamia...
And a profiles of a corrupted Anubis/Sphinx could be good ;) KK made too little MG from wolf/cat family (which is my favourite)
This fanart from above is cute ;)
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

And a profiles of a corrupted Anubis/Sphinx could be good ;) KK made too little MG from wolf/cat family (which is my favourite)
There is plenty of canine and feline monsters to be turned into monstergirls without having to resort into such a lazy trick.
Without moving from the desert region you have some good candidates such as the Manticore or the Chimera.
And I think they are both looking for the same cause, it's just that the pharoah wants it to be a civil place while the Apophis just wants it to be a total f*ck fest, which is fine by me
One strives to resurrect her kingdom while trying to achive peaceful cohabitation between humans and monsterkin.
The other tries to make a neverending orgy, cloaked permanently in a perennial night.

That's far from being the same... But let's dig a bit deeper.

We're talking about a desertic region, so we should take a couple of things into consideration:

-Temperature: In deserts the temperature drastically plummets on night, you could easily go from 40ºC (on day) to temperatures that could easily go into several degrees below zero (on night). Humans in that zone are used to the contrast between day and night temperature, but not to a cosntant exposition to sub zero degree temperature... And the same could (possibly) be said for the local monsterkind.

-Photosyntesis: Plants during day absorb the CO2 from the air and release Oxygen, however the process during nightime reverts. In a land where sun never rises plants never gets to do the photosyntesis. In a normal desertic region it shouldn't be that much of a deal, but in a formerly verdant and prosperous pharaoh's reign... the amounts of CO2 in the air would be dangerous and unheathily high.

What KK calls a reign where sex and night never end, I call it a barren and inhabitable wasteland with unbreathable air.

(One tries to create a kingdom, the other tries to destroy it in the most literal sense... It's the first case where a monster turned out to be tamer and less lethal (even when ironically was meant to kill back then) before the Demon Lady's blight).

.P.S.: Color me impressed, Despite being so young she is quite the skillful artist herself.
the void
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by the void »

i just thought of this. apophis bites a MG that is more aggressive or lustful than the norm. that causes her to go haywire and absolutely insane, in the worst case scenario, apophis isn't just a wasteland maker, she makes reavers from firefly.....without the eating alive bit...hopefully.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

Apophis evil demeanor could be interpreted as a good will to other monsters from what I can tell. Like I know for sure that Succubi, Dark slimes, and Imp's would happily support the Apophis view on what life should be.

Where as more gentle Mg's like the Holstaurus or Weresheep want a place that the Pharaoh wants
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Kaijin wrote:
What KK calls a reign where sex and night never end, I call it a barren and inhabitable wasteland with unbreathable air.
Don't forget KC mention that his work is only aiming for Japanese fanbase where they put magic first, logic none.

So he will never change his way.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

He can shield himself on his claims to please only to a microscopic part of his fanbase, but that doesn't hide the fact that he's trying to make paradise out of a ground zero.

This would be the perfect example of an Apophis kingdom

Of course it's his setting and thus he's free to what he pleases with it... And I as an individual I'm free to give my two cents about such a setting despite that they'll never be heard (and if even they were to be heard, they would be automatically ignored because of the region I live in).
i just thought of this. apophis bites a MG that is more aggressive or lustful than the norm. that causes her to go haywire and absolutely insane, in the worst case scenario, apophis isn't just a wasteland maker, she makes reavers from firefly.....without the eating alive bit...hopefully.
But what kind of monster would be powerful enough to drive an Apep into madness?
I can only think of two examples and they are nothing but mere speculation...

The first would be only valid if what was said in the Oomukade profile can also be used as canon for other venomous creatures (that are affected by venoms alien to her own body).
If that were to apply to Apep, that scenario could be seen in an encounter with a Girtabilu. Girtabilus are inferior to Apeps in any way... but in a venom war she has the upper hand (An Apep needs to lean forward and get really close to inject her venom, while a Girtabilu can do it from afar thanks to her long tail).
A stung Apep could possible suffer a reaction similar to that of a monster bitten by an Apep... and could even become a slave to the Girtabilu.

The other would require a monster with no bloodstream... such as...
Dark slimes
(For instance)

Slimes don't have bloodstream, so the venom wouldn't spread through their bodies, a bitten slime would be able to seal the venom in a fraction of her body and later expel it with said part of its body.
The Apep would be really shocked to see someone able to resist her bite and thus she could potentially break into madness.

But still that's nothing but baseless speculation...
the void
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by the void »

im talking about an apophis attacking and biting something like an ushi oni or an ogre, the super aggressive MG.
the profile states that normal MG bitten become ushi oni tier aggressive, imagine what would happen if it bit an already aggressive MG.
EDIT: or the instance of a particularly sadistic "kid with a magnifying glass" type of apophis biting an MG over and over again.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Course, this is all until the Apophis in question finds and obtains a man to her liking. Then, like any other mamono, she cares only for her hubby.

In which case, I would gladly take a hit for the team. The apophis gets a husband to dote and lavish upon, I get a smexy wife and the proud feeling knowing that I was able to halt the spread of her devastating 'kingdom'.

EVERYBODY WINS!! :evilllol: