Thunder Bird

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Re: Thunder Bird

Post by Observer »

DogKama wrote:So the profile is already translated on MGU.... from what I read she seems to be kinky type XD Car batteries and bolts!
Really?! That was fast.
"I like to watch."
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

*Reads Profile*

Oh boy, KK did it again; her profile's a total let-down; she's like a mixture of a Minotaurus and a stun gun, and not a trace of the original myth is to be found anywhere......
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Post by Helios Leinheart »

She looks like a total rock star.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

I saw the translation on gelbooru. I honesly don't mind what KC has done with her.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

And sadly, not the softy type either. She's just another aggressive rapist who electrifies her mates to heighten his sexual pleasures (She's a living muscle stimulator device). However she occasionally overloads due to spirit energy intake, leaving her vulnerable to the man's whims.
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

Ehh, honestly I don't mind what kenkou's done with her, she seems ok to me, and from what I'm getting Kenkous making his own mythos and variations to the monsters, I mean he's already created a full world by himself with it's own rules, landmarks factions, ect. so why not create some of his own variations of myths as well to fit the world he's created? besides I view these profiles are only the base traits of a whole rather than an individual, and two he's the one who goes through of pulling ideas out of his head and putting it on paper/pixels. so me personally, I take what I can get and work with it. :^^:

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Spoiler: show
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

I suppose Kenkou doesn't do real personality anymore so the fans can be creative and give them the personality they like.
Jstuckey2012
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Good Old Dixie Guy
Favorite Monster Type: All of 'em!

Post by Jstuckey2012 »

Must...resist...electricity...puns.

This came as quite a shock to me.

She jump-started my battery.

That girl gave me a jolt.

:lol:
If fish are sea kittens, does that make mermaids sea catgirls?
BaroqueSieben
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Crash Pilotsky, Plane Lander
Favorite Monster Type: Sahuagin

Post by BaroqueSieben »

Electric Six has never been more relevant.

Now, to make up for that link, I should say that this mamono . . . well, I love the design -- especially that 'top' and her talons (weird of me to say? Maybe, but I'm a weird individual). The whole rocker vibe she gives is pretty hot in its own way, and if her inevitable shock won't cause a case of 'be still, my beating heart' I am perfectly fine with this one.

That she's not too close to the original mythology she derives from, I honestly don't mind all that much. Remember, folks, this is Monster Girl Encyclopedia, not Myths and Legends of the World -- it's an RPG setting of sexy monsters that's brimming with RPG and eroge tropes, meant to be a perverse playground with a pinch of plot. Plus, as with tabletop games, if you don't like the original work . . . homebrew!

In other news, obligatory Yu-Gi-Oh! joke: Begone Knave! + Skill Drain = she's got you right where she wants you. I lament the loss of the Thunderbird OTK. Stupid OCG ruling.
Any landing you can walk away from . . .
Avatar art was found on Pixiv and is by cahf. Link to original.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

BaroqueSieben wrote:Electric Six has never been more relevant.

Now, to make up for that link, I should say that this mamono . . . well, I love the design -- especially that 'top' and her talons (weird of me to say? Maybe, but I'm a weird individual). The whole rocker vibe she gives is pretty hot in its own way, and if her inevitable shock won't cause a case of 'be still, my beating heart' I am perfectly fine with this one.

That she's not too close to the original mythology she derives from, I honestly don't mind all that much. Remember, folks, this is Monster Girl Encyclopedia, not Myths and Legends of the World -- it's an RPG setting of sexy monsters that's brimming with RPG and eroge tropes, meant to be a perverse playground with a pinch of plot. Plus, as with tabletop games, if you don't like the original work . . . homebrew!

In other news, obligatory Yu-Gi-Oh! joke: Begone Knave! + Skill Drain = she's got you right where she wants you. I lament the loss of the Thunderbird OTK. Stupid OCG ruling.
I like her since she gives of an Etna vibe due to her face, hair style and clothes. I've been reading up on the native American myth and she doesn't seem to stray much honestly.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

-Electric powered
-Sadistic
-Aggressive
-Dominant
-Serious issues to handle emotions
-Tendency for her own powers to backfire on her.

...Hmmm... I do really wonder... I do really wonder when I saw something, no someone similar... I wonder... where indeed...

Bravo... Kenkou must be the only artist able to intend to base a creation of his on an existing mythological creature and instead giving us a feathery version of a lesser action rpg villain...^^U

Her design isn't half bad looking and she seems to be based on one of my favorite lesser videogame villains of all time, not to mention that this one seems to actually have a brain of her own (except when her trick backfires on her and ends up frying her own braincells)... Enough for her to not hit hate territory.

.P.S.: But mythologically wise, she's nothing but crap... I understand that he's not gonna make carbon copies of the original myths and folklores... but heck, if you're basing a creations of yours on a mythologic creature at the very least try to give it a similiarity at the very least... It's not so hard dangit... And he even managed to nail that concept a few times in the past (by mere luck I'm affraid) as seen with Merrow, Selkie and a few of the Zipangu specimens...
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Kaijin wrote: .P.S.: But mythologically wise, she's nothing but crap... I understand that he's not gonna make carbon copies of the original myths and folklores... but heck, if you're basing a creations of yours on a mythologic creature at the very least try to give it a similiarity at the very least... It's not so hard dangit... And he even managed to nail that concept a few times in the past (by mere luck I'm affraid) as seen with Merrow, Selkie and a few of the Zipangu specimens...
My thoughts exactly; seriously, if he's gonna use the name of a Mythological creature, can't he at least have a 30% of accuaracy with the myth!? Sheesh.....
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Blake81 wrote:My thoughts exactly; seriously, if he's gonna use the name of a Mythological creature, can't he at least have a 30% of accuaracy with the myth!? Sheesh.....
Never heard of the original myth, so I will just separate original myth and this MGE

I don't want to compare them both so I can have fun with them more.
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

Well if you still have any problems about it, then the vague part about their mythology can be made up by you.

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Spoiler: show
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

^ That, dude.
BaroqueSieben
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by BaroqueSieben »

Kaijin wrote:-Electric powered
-Sadistic
-Aggressive
-Dominant
-Serious issues to handle emotions
-Tendency for her own powers to backfire on her.

...Hmmm... I do really wonder... I do really wonder when I saw something, no someone similar... I wonder... where indeed...

Bravo... Kenkou must be the only artist able to intend to base a creation of his on an existing mythological creature and instead giving us a feathery version of a lesser action rpg villain...^^U
Not to burst your bubble (Larxene's a pretty nifty villain even if she's not used much by her own series), but the phenomenon you are observing is more common than you think. Which goes back to where I said that this series is brimming with tropes. Sure, Larxene is one of the many examples on the page, but it's a case of both falling under a common trope for high-voltage folks rather than one being based off the other (and before you cite how Kenkou gave her blonde hair, that's another trope they both fall under). Glad to see you kinda like her, though.

I'm a little sad that TVTropes now lacks a page for the MGE (and miffed that "Monster Girl Encyclopedia" now redirects to an entirely different work there!!); it's fun picking out what tropes different mamono fall under, with how Trope Overdosed this series as a whole is.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

You're not bursting it, actually making it bigger... But by telling me that there are like dozens? hundreds? thousands? of examples of already existing creatures that fit with what can be seen in our little "mugen harpy" here, you're pretty much telling me that I'm pretty much right by questioning Kenkou's lack of originality when it comes to creative works.

(By the way the point still stands... Kenkou seems to be infatuated with Squareenix somehow, since quite a few of his works are either based, oddly similar or downright identical to concepts made by these two videogame titans merged into one).
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Jstuckey2012
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Good Old Dixie Guy
Favorite Monster Type: All of 'em!

Post by Jstuckey2012 »

BaroqueSieben wrote: I'm a little sad that TVTropes now lacks a page for the MGE (and miffed that "Monster Girl Encyclopedia" now redirects to an entirely different work there!!); it's fun picking out what tropes different mamono fall under, with how Trope Overdosed this series as a whole is.
Fear not, for I have preserved that article.
If fish are sea kittens, does that make mermaids sea catgirls?
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Kaijin wrote:You're not bursting it, actually making it bigger... But by telling me that there are like dozens? hundreds? thousands? of examples of already existing creatures that fit with what can be seen in our little "mugen harpy" here, you're pretty much telling me that I'm pretty much right by questioning Kenkou's lack of originality when it comes to creative works.

(By the way the point still stands... Kenkou seems to be infatuated with Squareenix somehow, since quite a few of his works are either based, oddly similar or downright identical to concepts made by these two videogame titans merged into one).
Some of his early monster girl are based off Dragon's Quest.(design wise)
BaroqueSieben
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by BaroqueSieben »

Kaijin wrote:You're not bursting it, actually making it bigger... But by telling me that there are like dozens? hundreds? thousands? of examples of already existing creatures that fit with what can be seen in our little "mugen harpy" here, you're pretty much telling me that I'm pretty much right by questioning Kenkou's lack of originality when it comes to creative works.
It seems I need to inform you that nothing is "original", inasmuch as tropes are everywhere and it is genuinely impossible to avoid using ANY tropes when making a work. Especially when your setting is pretty much a giant love letter to RPG's, which is bound to see you working with a metric ton of different tropes.

I say this not to defend Kenkou's originality or to discourage your own viewpoint, but simply to bring up the notion that just because a trope is common does not automatically mean that someone is being unoriginal for using it. Tropes are omnipresent, after all. You have every right to believe that the MGE's unoriginal, but please keep this notion in mind in the future. After all . . .
Kaijin wrote:(By the way the point still stands... Kenkou seems to be infatuated with Squareenix somehow, since quite a few of his works are either based, oddly similar or downright identical to concepts made by these two videogame titans merged into one).
Those 'concepts' you speak of, chances are they are probably older than they look, tropes being as pervasive they are, but even if they are not again recall that this is a setting that draws inspiration from and is chock-full of references to RPG's in general. That Square-Enix is a prominent producer of RPG's makes the inclusion of tropes from their works in the MGE something of an inevitability.

But enough of this topic in this thread; this is a thread for Thunderbird, not for Tropes 101.
Is it being updated as the new mamono come in, or is this just an archival of it?