Gazer

The Hypnotic Single-Eye

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
BaroqueSieben
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Crash Pilotsky, Plane Lander
Favorite Monster Type: Sahuagin

Re: Gazer

Post by BaroqueSieben »

Kaijin wrote:How her hipnotic powers can be SUPERIOR to Lili's charm and Pharaoh's alluring voice despite not being a high rank monster? (The profile doesn't find a flaw to her gaze)
I'm sorry, what was that you said about her rank? I couldn't hear you over the profile saying she's exactly what you think she's not:
The Profile wrote:They're high-rank monsters of terrifying power, and the eye, known as “the wicked eye,” contains powerful magic.
Besides, the monster the Gazer's based on is typically rather high-level/high-power in its series of origin -- so I'm frankly rather surprised you'd ever consider her to not be high-rank outside of just disliking her. Oh wait, you do dislike her.

In regards to your 'gathered a bunch of bullshit, put it together and call it a day' comment, though, you might want to direct that at Wizards of the Coast rather than Kenkou Cross, as actual Beholders do have access to charming magics . . . along with a whole slew of other abilities that range from petrification and slowing to disintegration and death rays. Oh, and a cone of antimagic 150 feet in length, can't forget the whole 'they can turn off magic to capitalize on that toothy maw of theirs' thing.

So yeah -- the 'bullshit' you speak of hails from a monster meant to genuinely ruin a party's day, make of that what you will.
Kaijin wrote:How can she have tentacles and not using them for what they were conceived? (Well...that applies to all tentacle entities made by Kenkou sadly).
Well, ignoring that the Roper, Scylla, and Kraken most likely all do what you're thinking of, there's the fact that in this case . . . the 'tentacles' are not the focus, not this monster's 'selling point' if you will. The eyes are. So of course the eyes get mention while the eyestalks don't; however, considering how profiles are open for a certain amount of personal interpretation, for all you know she could do super-kinky hypno-bondage in her spare time (it's pretty much up to the fanartist/fan-author, so if you want some cute-and-kinky Beholder-bondage go right ahead and make it).

I'll freely admit, though, that I'm not seeing it happening purely because they don't really look suited to grapple checks. A little caress here and there sure, but full-on grabbing? Seems a little out of her reach. If I want a monster to wrap me up in her arms-a-plenty, I'll go to our resident cephalopods.
Kaijin wrote:Sorry Subliminal, your cousin ended up being the biggest flop in all MGE (the guy gathered a bunch of bullshit, put it together and call it a day)...
Sorry you feel that way; me, I happen to like her quite a bit -- hypnosis being a thing I enjoy (though from the hypnotist's perspective rather than the subject's), should I ever dabble in writing in the future I know I'll have a lot of fun with this one.

For those of you in the audience that want to know more, here's some good supplemental reading on the Beholder through the ages. (And before it even gets brought up, the Gauth is a mini-Beholder and should be considered as such. Cue loli!Gazers from the Sabbath.)

EDIT: Also, I just counted, and good job Kenkou -- the Gazer has 11 eyes, just like the Beholder.
Any landing you can walk away from . . .
Avatar art was found on Pixiv and is by cahf. Link to original.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Beholders did indeed ruin my day many times in Baldur's Gate II. >_< I'd avoid her just as much.. ^^;
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

(Personal thread's post counter: 1̶ -> 0)

I said once and I'll say it again: It's my opinion (And I, like everybody else, pretty much have right to have and even give my two cents).
If I don't like something I don't like it, if If something looks like bullcrap or even a flop to my eyes that's the way I see it... There is no black and white in opinions.

Nothing that you may say will change the way I see it, as they are not fact they're feelings, they're impressions, they're completely personal (I tried to explain you this on the Ryu's thread just to be laughed at on several posts).

If you want to "enlighten" me for having a different opinion than yours, fine so be it. But I don't have the time, nor mood, nor energy to deal with you nor with that particular trait of yours. Keep doing so if you feel like it, but don't expect me to pay heed to you nor your words anymore (They will be blocked from now on).
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The inactive

Post by Drazzimyr »

Even if I'm not a mod for this section, I'm going to suggest that you two block each other and stop talking to each other in general, before a perfectly good thread becomes the host for a bitch fight.
BaroqueSieben
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by BaroqueSieben »

The--Flesh--is--Weak wrote:Even if I'm not a mod for this section, I'm going to suggest that you two block each other and stop talking to each other in general, before a perfectly good thread becomes the host for a bitch fight.
You're a little late, he's already blocked me, to which I have nothing to say other than that he's making a mountain out of a molehill* again and that I won't miss his tendency to blow my posts out of proportion any more than he will my inclination to inform.

On topic, I wonder what that black stuff on her humanoid body is -- it's dripping here and there and almost looks like some sort of slick ichor or murky slime, but at the same time it looks a little like flecks of scales at points . . .

And on a separate note, reading her again I can see a whole slew of plot points I enjoy being available through her . . . hypnosis, corruption, transformation, and she can be made very happy by someone actually liking the monocular look her human body has before she gives them the 150-foot stare. Is it wrong that I'm eagerly anticipating a happy end fic for her more than I am a hypno-dominance fic?

*I mean really, where do I ever say he's wrong to have the opinion he does? The only thing close to it is me pointing out that the 'bullshit' factor he perceived was from WotC and probably intentional on their part (each eye has its own beam attack, good grief).
Katsoro
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baby Monkey
Favorite Monster Type: Orc,Nightmare,KitsunHolstaurus

Post by Katsoro »

MOTHER OF GOD IT'S HERMAEUS MORA AS A MONSTER GIRL :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :ohdamn: :scared: :scared: :scared:
"The smiles and laughter of his readers are the greatest rewords of a writer."__Me

So go read Battle Mage and comment on it Q.Q
Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Friendly werewolf
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf, Kikimora, Anubis

Post by Gamergirl64 »

Hmm... Well, I do like the fact that she's rather unique. Still find it odd that she's considered a "one-eye," with all those eyes, there. But maybe those aren't really her eyes. Maybe they're eyes that she can summon, or something like that?

To be honest, I don't like her sadistic personality all that much. If she was more like her one-eyed cousin, the cyclops (not sure if I'd call them cousins, since they're in different families, and are different types), I'd would like her more.
Spoiler: show
But she's not the worst monster girl I've ever seen. (going through the pictures of monster girls in MGQ part three with Pierce, I'll only tell you that there are a LOT of scarier monster girls than this one)
(signature made by Pokemonaces)
BaroqueSieben
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by BaroqueSieben »

Gamergirl64 wrote:Hmm... Well, I do like the fact that she's rather unique. Still find it odd that she's considered a "one-eye," with all those eyes, there. But maybe those aren't really her eyes. Maybe they're eyes that she can summon, or something like that?
I'd imagine that it's because the 10 other eyes she has aren't on her face; where most other girls, even with additional appendages, have two eyes in their head, she's got only one in the position most people will be looking at on a girl when they're not ogling knockers or cabooses.

Or tentacle eyestalks.
Silly587
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Writer Enthusiast
Favorite Monster Type: Leanan Sidhe

Post by Silly587 »

Raet wrote:
Silly587 wrote:It kinda reminds me of a custom monster girl I once created.

EDIT:

Found it. Take a 'look'.
beastiaryshoggothcopy.jpg
I also have a Shoggoth monstergirl, although mine is named Shoggo

I am glad she does not have voyeuristic tendencies, because my Ureonggaksi is a self-voyeur, and has been since I created her last year. I agree with what most say here about Gazer seeming very dark. Also, I was wondering how I could make a Beholder MG, but looks like Kenkou did it first
If you want, I could make a profile out of her. Just give me some details, family, type, diet, etc. and I'll have it ready in a day or two. It's quite easy really.

Thank you, and God bless.

EDIT:

Forgot to add why I posted the image: this is actually the original pic for my shoggoth. But I decided that her personality is better as detached instead of doting servant, even though shoggoths are servants, lorewise.
blob maid 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Silly587 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Someday, all your dreams will come true, but I will always be myself" - Ruby, Silly587's Leanan Sidhe
"You don't need a reason to help other people" - Silly587
"The secret ingredient to the secret ingredient soup is - nothing. To make something special, you just have to believe it's special" - Kung Fu Panda
revanwolff
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Jedi Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Inari, Holstaurus, Ryu
Location: Exploring the Galaxy Righting wrongs and bringing peace

Post by revanwolff »

For her I will be neutral, I have nothing to say.
May The Force Be With You.

The Force is my ally and what a powerful ally it is.

Amanomiya
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Monster Hunter
Favorite Monster Type: Weresheep, Baphomet, Cyclops

Post by Amanomiya »

Not sure if you want a copy of this since it differs (mainly in wording from what I can tell) from Brolen's slightly. But here's the translated and edited onto the page version of the Gazer I did on MGR (spoilered so I can take it down easier if you don't want her).
Spoiler: show
Edit: Replaced her with a downsized image because it seemed damn huge, if she's too small now let me know.
Edit2: She still gets cut off, but a right click and "View Image" will let you see her.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

Your contributions are always appreciated Amano. I'll go place the profile at the first post with a citation of your translation.
Chaos
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Gentleman Lich
Favorite Monster Type: Oni, Ogre, Goblins and such

Post by Chaos »

“I wanna be ravished by monsters.”
“The single-eye is a sensual, and overwhelmingly sexy organ.” and “Single-eyed women are the best reproductive partners.”

*dons his adventurer's gear, and prepares for the journey to find one of the elusive beauties.* :hero:
GorgonMage
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Lonely Unicorn

Post by GorgonMage »

Jinouga87 wrote:Yay a new loli!

I'm glad you like her. Personally lolis turn me off.
(Signature made by Feathers)

GO TEAM JACOB!
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

Well beauty is in the eye of the... Gazer. (Bad pun it just came to me.)
Chaos
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Gentleman Lich
Favorite Monster Type: Oni, Ogre, Goblins and such

Post by Chaos »

Jinouga87 wrote:Well beauty is in the eye of the... Gazer. (Bad pun it just came to me.)
:pfft: :XD:

That's very true Jin. As it said before,
“The single-eye is a sensual, and overwhelmingly sexy organ.” and “Single-eyed women are the best reproductive partners.”
beauty really is when you are the gazer of her eye. :XD:
GorgonMage
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Lonely Unicorn

Post by GorgonMage »

Jinouga87 wrote:Well beauty is in the eye of the... Gazer. (Bad pun it just came to me.)

Sorry but I prefer looners and vore to lollis and beastiality
(Signature made by Feathers)

GO TEAM JACOB!
Fur-man
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: the magic scientist fox
Favorite Monster Type: big boobed ones

Post by Fur-man »

Chaos wrote:Yes! He actually did one I have been praying for! Now just need a Mind flayer! Come on Mind Flayer girl! :pleease:
Blake81 wrote:Seeing this MG just reminded me of a pic by one of my fav artists.
SciFi.Fantasy.The-Bard-The-Beholder.The-Bard-and-The-Beholder-v2-Color-small.jpg.rZd.267970[1].jpg
Seriously, Fredrik's a god of comedy, and he does quite a bit of MGs too, although he's more traditional with their looks(Not all are pretty).
Ah yes, 'The Bard' comics are a fave of mine too.

Wish Granted :XD:
ImageImageImage

hay I mite as well be a jack-of-alltrads
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Post by [BRindustries] »

So i was googling for some reference material for a drawing, and just happened to come across this gal.^^
The funny thing is, i've just started on something similar, so i was quite exited to see this. :3