Valkyrie

Angel of Heroes

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Valkyrie

Post by Perentie »

One thing that should be pointed out in this big debate is that if one assumes that monsterized Valkyries can have children then those children will grow up as monsters and select men they like rather than targeting only potential heroes (though that may still be their preference).
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Well that's a shame, seems to break their whole uniqueness. But is that a confirmed fact or purely speculation on your part? (Since you had said "assumed", you made me wonder)
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Feathers wrote:Well that's a shame, seems to break their whole uniqueness. But is that a confirmed fact or purely speculation on your part? (Since you had said "assumed", you made me wonder)
Well I'm not aware of anything directly saying the angels specifically can have children, but they are a form of deity and we know demigods exist in the setting (KC mentioned them in the Q and A), so I assume Valkyries can have Valkyrie children.
Popeatine
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: Jinko, Minotaur, Wurm

Post by Popeatine »

Perentie wrote:One thing that should be pointed out in this big debate is that if one assumes that monsterized Valkyries can have children then those children will grow up as monsters and select men they like rather than targeting only potential heroes (though that may still be their preference).
Potential heroes is TOO GENTLE for Valkyries. If it were like the Echidna at least it would be more reasonable. But Valkyries don't go for potential heroes, but for potential heroes destined by the gods to be so and this is what makes them completely unrelatable in my opinion, to the point of ridicule.

I honestly have an easier time imagining being a Majin Buu-like cosmic horror storming heavens in MGE and dragging a Valkyrie down to earth who will become my wife, than being the Gary Stu the profile demans for a Valkyrie husband.
Favorite Monster Girls: Monster Girls that are muscular and know how to kick asses.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Yeah, but the way P is putting it, is like the "children" become "impure" imitations forms of their mothers, sort of like a diluted monster girl. A non-pure bred monster girl. This is why the idea of children really irks me.

Children are a pain, a thorn, and seem unneeded since MGs and incubi are immortal. Reproduction is because humans die, so a monster reproducing seems pointless in my opinion. Eventually, when all the daughters take over it sounds like a lot of them lose all of their original profile traits, and all become man hunters and nothing more?

I don't understand why they aren't just created the same way they originally were, instead of resorting to primitive methods like copulation, which hurts their "monster" purity (according to Perentie). If they want a mate so bad, that's sweet, but having children as usual requirement? Seems less romantic in my opinion.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

I think you may have really misunderstood me Feathers. Hopefully I can clear things up. :^^;:
Feathers wrote:Yeah, but the way P is putting it, is like the "children" become "impure" imitations forms of their mothers, sort of like a diluted monster girl. A non-pure bred monster girl. This is why the idea of children really irks me.

I'm not sure what you mean here. They'd be pure monster girls just like the children of monsterized fairies, elves and dwarves are. My point was that because they wouldn't have been born/created in Heaven their requirements in a man may be fairly different.
Children are a pain, a thorn, and seem unneeded since MGs and incubi are immortal. Reproduction is because humans die, so a monster reproducing seems pointless in my opinion.
I'm not sure where you got the idea they were immortal. While there are indications the most powerful of monster girls (and their mates) at least have life spans that the upper limits of are not yet known, the vast majority of monster girls and incubi (aside from those who go to Pandemonium presumably) have definite limits on their life spans. Officially the normal lifespans vary by race and range from a little longer than a human all the way up to thousands of years. As far as we know it is only the exceptionally powerful races that have the longest lifespans, though the lifespan of a more regular monster girl is enhanced If she has a husband.
Eventually, when all the daughters take over it sounds like a lot of them lose all of their original profile traits, and all become man hunters and nothing more?
Well the elves certainly don't. They lose their disgust for sex but they still look down on other monsters (especially dwarves) and prefer to live isolated in forests with their husband. Fairies cease to be born from fairy flowers and come to treat sex as their favorite game/treat but otherwise are unchanged.
I don't understand why they aren't just created the same way they originally were, instead of resorting to primitive methods like copulation, which hurts their "monster" purity (according to Perentie). If they want a mate so bad, that's sweet, but having children as usual requirement? Seems less romantic in my opinion.
I'm not sure what you mean here either. We don't know how the gods are born in this setting, they well be born via sex between gods just like in a lot of mythologies (in this setting the angels are regarded as low level gods).

<><><>

On another note, I'm ashamed to have forgotten that in one of the Q and A sessions KC outright said Valkyries can have Valkyrie children. :info: