Apsara

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Nick115
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Historian.
Favorite Monster Type: None anyone who says i do dies

Re: Apsara

Post by Nick115 »

In mythology they're the brides of the Gandharvas so im guessing either a rivalry or they work together. Either or someone is going to make a Harem story about them.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Your Heros are their monsters, and your heaven is their hell, and vice versa, but to me, you're all wrong, and you will forever be wrong as long as you see the world in black and white.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

Those hips don't lie tho.

Ladies up in here tonight!

No fightin'!

We got the heretics up in here! (No fightin'!)

No fightin'! Apsara! Apsara!

I never really knew that she could dance like this
She make a man wanna speak Spanish
Como se llama? (Si!) Bonita, (Si!) mi casa, su casa (Apsara! Apsara!)

P.S. When I talk like that, do I make her mad/hypnotized?
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Feathers wrote:What does everyone love about her so much? I'm always the odd man out, I tell you. :^^;:
I enjoy each of these monster girls for what it is, I don't compare them to their origins counter part since they are just based off or even these draw by another artist.

I am just not one who think too negatively :^^:
AryaX
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by AryaX »

This is not actually a monster at all but an uncorrupted elemental ??
Favorite MGE monsters: Alp, Lilim, Succubus, Demon, Manticore, Dark Elf...
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Perentie »

AryaX wrote:This is not actually a monster at all but an uncorrupted elemental ??
Actually a demi-elemental, an elemental that started out as a monster and is not one of the 4 (5 if Dark Matter is counted) great elementals that form covenants. Other demi elementals are dryads, kitsune-bi, glacies, yuki-onna etc.
AryaX
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by AryaX »

If this IS a monster then how come even the Order have a "don't harm em" policy ??
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

AryaX wrote:If this IS a monster then how come even the Order have a "don't harm em" policy ??
Because Eros created them. They harm them then they go against Eros. As KC's notes state, things are a bit more complicated with the gods than one might expect (and the Order doesn't know/believe that most monsters were created by the gods).

Perhaps the Chief God herself is in a bind and doesn't want more gods to turn against her so she concedes to Eros in this matter.
ShadowBladeX
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Demonic Shadow Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Salamander, Lilim, Vampire

Post by ShadowBladeX »

AryaX wrote:If this IS a monster then how come even the Order have a "don't harm em" policy ??
Because, as the profile says, the Order treats them as a trial to overcome for their Heroes and Saints. This would mean that overcoming them via not killing is the preferred and probably most used method for them. That and the fact that she is a servant of Eros and pissing off a Goddess of Love is generally not a good idea, especially when said love can effect your own forces. As well, another note is that the Apsara's are so revered that killing them would be a good way to get any on the edge factions to turn against you, especially if you need the support of said factions.
Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! - Sergeant Avery Johnson (Halo)

My favorite monster girls (Names for those whom I remember. Will update when I come up with more names.
Spoiler: show
Number one spot: Liandra Aria (Salamander)/Lady Ryong (Ryu)
Serena Drakemore(Elf)
Tiamat (Dragon)
Leona DeLocke (Dark Elf)
Victoria Degale(Alp)
Xentheria - Lilim
Elizabeth (Eliza) Fatima(Lizardman)
Witch
Nova (Ignis)
Akira (Werewolf)
Sarah Del Rizer (Vampire)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Passing her "test" would be so easy for me. :lol:
AryaX
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by AryaX »

Feathers wrote:Passing her "test" would be so easy for me. :lol:
Because she haven't got any Feathers ??
broman
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Wandering Shy Guy
Favorite Monster Type: Youko,Inari,Kunoichi,Nurarihyo

Post by broman »

well read the profile so im sold
Chaos
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Gentleman Lich
Favorite Monster Type: Oni, Ogre, Goblins and such

Post by Chaos »

KillMoves wrote:Those hips don't lie tho.

Ladies up in here tonight!

No fightin'!

We got the heretics up in here! (No fightin'!)

No fightin'! Apsara! Apsara!

I never really knew that she could dance like this
She make a man wanna speak Spanish
Como se llama? (Si!) Bonita, (Si!) mi casa, su casa (Apsara! Apsara!)

P.S. When I talk like that, do I make her mad/hypnotized?
...yeah, best post for this kinda mamono XD

On a more serious note, I'm part of that same group that is really quite attracted to this particular monster. The whole curvy, mocha skinned and exotic beauty angle is beyond alluring to me, despite her being, well, almost hard to tell she is a monster in the first place. .
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Why does always a new one appear when I'm MIA?

This one is a mythologic clusterfuck so great that gives me migraines... Why does a Greek deity need an Hindu nymph as her emissary? Greek mythology has its more than decent share of influential nymphs (Pleiades, Hyades, Hesperides...) to begin with. If Apsará is the female counterpart (and wife sometimes) of Gandharva, why is no recollection of the relation/connection these two should potentially have in this setting? Why does she resort to a foreign "trick" as belly dancing when music and dance is something heavilly rooted in Indian culture? (just look as Bollywood movies, that should have fit her way more than belly dancing).

Putting aside the more than usual incongruities... Its design is kind of original (yet unfitting), the milky harem pants are a clever (yet unfitting) touch and her modus operandi is peculiarly original (even if it downright borders the Mary Sue level sometimes... A man went loliccon just because an Apsará child told him "hello"? that's just a bit too overpowered), she's basically MGE's ultimate cocktease.

Not loving her... but not hating her either...

.P.S.: However I would like to know what would happen if a man happen to behold one of them dancing while being able to resist the urge of becoming one with her.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:If Apsará is the female counterpart (and wife sometimes) of Gandharva, why is no recollection of the relation/connection these two should potentially have in this setting?
Well their preferred habitats are rather different is one reason. And while the gandharva isn't mentioned in the profile, apsara being their counterpart seems to be pretty well preserved. Observe:

1. Gandharva fly in the sky and are linked to arid, hot places. Apsara swim in the waters of the world and are linked to wet areas.

2. Gandharva play music, apsara dance.

3. Gandharva help women stay "pure" for the man they want to marry. Apsara preside over and enhance those weddings.
.P.S.: However I would like to know what would happen if a man happen to behold one of them dancing while being able to resist the urge of becoming one with her.
Given dancing is a pretty constant part of their lives and yet they aren't pursued by every man they meet I think its fair to say most men don't get that seduced just from watching them when the apsara isn't even targeting them. The scholar seemed to related two rather extreme cases to show what the apsara can potentially do to a man, not what normally happens.

<><><>

In my opinion KC's choices here may be to kill two birds with one stone. That is he gets to do some Hindu-inspired monsters while expanding on the lore of his goddess Eros character. Recall his world is a mythological mishmash and so we should expect some unusual associations.
Severontous
Moon
Moon
Official Title: Resident U.S. Army Veteran
Personal Title: Ever tired man
Favorite Monster Type: Dangerous 1 nobody else wants.

Post by Severontous »

I don't recall KC being required to follow the standard of typical mythology. He uses it as a template, but it was also already a CF way before this ever appeared and he simply makes things up as he goes along. So validating it in comparison to actual mythology i'd say is an incorrect assumption.
I am the bone of my HitBox
Sanwa is my body and Salt is my blood
I have wiffed over a thousand DPs
Unknown to SRK, Nor known to the FGC
Have withstood pain to create many combos
Yet, those combos will never hit anything
So as I pray, INFERNO DIVIDER
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

So validating it in comparison to actual mythology i'd say is an incorrect assumption.
That might be true (sadly).
But that what's also fanon is good for: expanding settings, correcting incongruities and retconning plotholes whenever canon fails to provide.
If I ever go back into my fanfiction I just have to replace Eros with Parvati and problem solved <3

.P.S.:
I think its fair to say most men don't get that seduced just from watching them when the apsara isn't even targeting them
Truth to be told I hope so (the last thing this setting needs is another Deus Ex Machina tier monster like the Apophis), but still that doesn't explain what happens if a man (tageted or not) manages to resist the effect of her alluringly unfitting belly dances (thing that should have been more than interesting and worthy to see explained).
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:Truth to be told I hope so (the last thing this setting needs is another Deus Ex Machina tier monster like the Apophis), but still that doesn't explain what happens if a man (tageted or not) manages to resist the effect of her alluringly unfitting belly dances (thing that should have been more than interesting and worthy to see explained).
The extra info on Eros that was released with the apsara states the Order views the seductions of her monster girls as ordeals/tests (and indeed the monsters themselves will go after the men using that idea as a excuse/pretext). Given all that it seems to me fairly obvious that men who resist would simply have their status as heroes, saints etc. increased for passing the challenge.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Actually my question went the other way around, I'm more interested in knowing her reaction after seeing how her overpowered (and only) trump card fails to get the effect that she was looking forward to trigger.

But thanks anyway.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:Actually my question went the other way around, I'm more interested in knowing her reaction after seeing how her overpowered (and only) trump card fails to get the effect that she was looking forward to trigger.
Well if she had gotten attached enough to consider him her husband then I'd say she would keep trying, and perhaps ultimately use magic or some other means to get him like most any other monster girl. If she wasn't that attached then she'd move on to someone else.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Whoever you guys who like Apsara, may up for a surprise... :^^: