Will o' the wisp

Ghost Light

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
broman
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Wandering Shy Guy
Favorite Monster Type: Youko,Inari,Kunoichi,Nurarihyo

Re: Will o' the wisp

Post by broman »

I feel the metal or whatever that at the feet is would get in the way.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Perentie »

broman wrote:I feel the metal or whatever that at the feet is would get in the way.
Hence why the profile notes she can transform the shape in whatever way is needed to contain the man.

Based on this I'm personally betting the lantern is actually a magical construct built entirely out of mamono mana.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

English translated profile is up on the first post!
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

shirohebis are not murderous but actually very overpossesive (like many lamia types) and they do not kill but imbue you with her magic fire
Actually that's a rather ambiguous issue as the translation leaves it pretty much unclear.
It can be regarded as something that fuels your inner desire to the point of mentally consuming you or... something that consumes and sets you ablaze from the inside. (like Blake pointed out).
It depends on the interpretation the reader decides to give it (until Kenkou realizes that this one needs a rewrite as it happened to the l̶a̶m̶i̶a̶ naga).

.P.S.:
I find that her little trait of Jealousy can backfire for her lover. A lot. For example, she may catch a glimpse of a Dark elf and her slave. That's why i don't like her much.
I still fail to see the problem to be honest... The chance to show how much I love my not-so-ethereal waifu to the world sounds nice to me.
Besides anything that allow to change positions every now and then is welcome (be stuck in the same position for all eternity... sounds a bit tiring if you ask me XD).
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:Actually that's a rather ambiguous issue as the translation leaves it pretty much unclear.
It can be regarded as something that fuels your inner desire to the point of mentally consuming you or... something that consumes and sets you ablaze from the inside. (like Blake pointed out).
It depends on the interpretation the reader decides to give it (until Kenkou realizes that this one needs a rewrite as it happened to the l̶a̶m̶i̶a̶ naga).
Regardless the settings rules should trump ambiguity in a profile, those rules being monsters only kill humans in self defense or the defense of their loved ones (and most are loathe to do it even then).
I still fail to see the problem to be honest... The chance to show how much I love my not-so-ethereal waifu to the world sounds nice to me.
Besides anything that allow to change positions every now and then is welcome (be stuck in the same position for all eternity... sounds a bit tiring if you ask me XD).
Well KC has outright said that references to constant sex are pretty much never meant to be taken literally, even in Pandemonium that may be the case. Recall hyperbole is prevalent in the profiles, I think the latter portion of the profile makes it pretty clear you do more than constantly have sex with her. They want to outperform other couples they see in every way, not just sexually. After all why would they fawn on their husband asking to be loving like a couple they see in front of them if they are already having sex?

Further, the "they say" and "it is said" statements are more prevalent than usual in this profile, indicating info that the Wandering Scholar got second hand and may be exaggerated. Recall that he doesn't observe the monsters he interviews for all that long, his profiles are based on things he hears about and relatively short interviews before he moves on to the next girl, and his intended tone of warning makes them seem more dangerous than they are. Saphirette is a better source of information on the day-to-day lives of monsters as she actually is one and lives among them.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Regardless the settings rules should trump ambiguity in a profile, those rules being monsters only kill humans in self defense or the defense of their loved ones (and most are loathe to do it even then).
Ambiguity can also be born from poor redaction, so point still stands (the proof that there still people who still ponders about shirohebi's lethality even if the setting explains otherwirse in (supposedly) clear manner is enough to indicate that there still ambiguity on said profile and thus it would (hopefully) become the target of a future (and very much needed) rewrite as it happened to her more common cousin).

.P.S.:
I feel the metal or whatever that at the feet is would get in the way.
She can probably get out of there if she ever wanted (otherwise the artist wouldn't have given her legs, with lovely thighhighs on them), so I don't think that the lower metallic cage gets in her way as much her design might lead on.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

If the cage is part of her body, she can probably manipulate it somehow. After all, she wouldn't want to see her lover skewered by those metal spikes, would she?

What I wonder most about her profile (and I'd LOVE to see KK clarify it somehow) is if she would lose her sense of loneliness if she received love and companionship from her man for a long time. I mean, that'd be so cute...
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Blake81 wrote:What I wonder most about her profile (and I'd LOVE to see KK clarify it somehow) is if she would lose her sense of loneliness if she received love and companionship from her man for a long time. I mean, that'd be so cute...
Well it says they realize they are not alone when they have sex with a man, getting a husband just doesn't change their obsession with what other couples are doing.
OTAKUevangelist
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Evan Kurasu
Favorite Monster Type: Shoggoth, Demon, Hellhound

Post by OTAKUevangelist »

welcome to the forums, Perentie ^^

...back to Ms./Mrs. Will-o, doesn't her face remind you of that one unpopular chick in that one anime? (forgot her name. its the one where she does dating sims and tries desperately to become popular in the real life?)
Ardent Mellow
► Show Spoiler
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Post by [BRindustries] »

OTAKUevangelist wrote:welcome to the forums, Perentie ^^

...back to Ms./Mrs. Will-o, doesn't her face remind you of that one unpopular chick in that one anime? (forgot her name. its the one where she does dating sims and tries desperately to become popular in the real life?)
Oh, you mean Kuroki Tomoko from WataMote? (short for Watashi no wa Motenai Dou Kangaetemou Omaera ga Warui!) <long-ass title
She does look like her, yeah. Now i'm imagining the wisp with Tomoko's voice, and it fits like a charm. :lol:
Severontous
Moon
Moon
Official Title: Resident U.S. Army Veteran
Personal Title: Ever tired man
Favorite Monster Type: Dangerous 1 nobody else wants.

Post by Severontous »

I see the resemblance. But just to point out, Al Bhed eyes have been an art meme for awhile.
Spoiler: show
I am the bone of my HitBox
Sanwa is my body and Salt is my blood
I have wiffed over a thousand DPs
Unknown to SRK, Nor known to the FGC
Have withstood pain to create many combos
Yet, those combos will never hit anything
So as I pray, INFERNO DIVIDER
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis

Post by Jinouga87 »

Severontous wrote:I see the resemblance. But just to point out, Al Bhed eyes have been an art meme for awhile.
Aren't Al Bhed from Final Fantasy 10? What do they have to do with this MG?
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

I am confused by your statement there Sev.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Severontous
Moon
Moon
Official Title: Resident U.S. Army Veteran
Personal Title: Ever tired man
Favorite Monster Type: Dangerous 1 nobody else wants.

Post by Severontous »

You may not notice it, but her eyes are spiraled. That is what I am talking about. And pixiv has determined that these eyes be called "Al Bhed" eyes when tagging; because, yes those too are spiraled. Rather than the old tag just being "@_@"

:@_@: :@_@: :@_@:
Spoiler: show
I am the bone of my HitBox
Sanwa is my body and Salt is my blood
I have wiffed over a thousand DPs
Unknown to SRK, Nor known to the FGC
Have withstood pain to create many combos
Yet, those combos will never hit anything
So as I pray, INFERNO DIVIDER
Fur-man
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: the magic scientist fox
Favorite Monster Type: big boobed ones

Post by Fur-man »

Chanterla wrote:wait no longer fur-man, she has been translated on the MGR.
yay thank you *I bow in cub form*
ImageImageImage

hay I mite as well be a jack-of-alltrads
Birdy
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Monster Girl Extraordinaire
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Holstaur, Kikimora, etc

Post by Birdy »

Ooooooo... Loving her yandere-ness! Her expression just screams "yandere"! :perv:

Her overall design is amazing! Her cage motif is lovely! :serenade:
<3 "Resistance is futile, you will be seduced." <3
<3
avxl
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: undead
Favorite Monster Type: undead, slimes, insects

Post by avxl »

i'm always game for more undead girls
Serraxas
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: Professional gentleman.
Favorite Monster Type: Dominant-yet-sensual.

Post by Serraxas »

She's cute, in an admittedly terrifying sort of way. Plus, I can see how the more romantic souls among us might count the whole "together in death" aspect nice.

Only thing I'd really be worried about besides the mile-long yandere streak is what happens to my body after my physical form expires- yeah, it's sweet that my soul goes on with her, but I'd rather not have her toting around my rotting corpse...
Keep Calm And Drink Tea.
If There Is No Tea, Keep Calm For Five Seconds Before Flipping One's Shit.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Serraxas wrote:She's cute, in an admittedly terrifying sort of way. Plus, I can see how the more romantic souls among us might count the whole "together in death" aspect nice.

Only thing I'd really be worried about besides the mile-long yandere streak is what happens to my body after my physical form expires- yeah, it's sweet that my soul goes on with her, but I'd rather not have her toting around my rotting corpse...
Seems likely to me that she would just take the soul out of your body when you die.
Katsoro
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baby Monkey
Favorite Monster Type: Orc,Nightmare,KitsunHolstaurus

Post by Katsoro »

ho god, I so want her as a replacer for the Oblivion Will o' the wisps. it would be (literally) fucking epic. But seriously she is like the perfect H-game enemy.
"The smiles and laughter of his readers are the greatest rewords of a writer."__Me

So go read Battle Mage and comment on it Q.Q