Mind Flayer

Tentacle Love

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: Mind Flayer

Post by Kaijin »

Apologies, i did not intend to use pedant as an insult. Just found the way to look at the transformation too linear and thought i could share my thoughts on it.
Accepted.
As linear and shallow as they may be, I work with the man himself gives me... If the man himself gives me a "point A to point B" type of reference that's what I will use.
(I used to love to theorize, hypothesize and trying to expand/deepen the inofrmation given but I ended up being sick of it once I started to get regularly berated every time I did so... So accept my apologies for not being able to give you deeper point of view in the matter)

.P.S.: Perentie, stop... seriously...stop
You know that I don't mind to keep the ball rolling as long as it's civil, but:

A) You're downright bordering the point where you shove your viewpoint down my throat (despite as how civil you make it sound) and that's a big no-no...
B) You're still sugarcoating things (and adding a perennial rose tinted view to things is as much of a reproachable behavior than adding a dark tinted view to them)
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baphomet lover
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet.

Post by Animajunki123 »

I'mma ignore everybody else since it's not talk about the fascinating things a MF can do and ask some questions with everybody else who does like her.

Q1: you think she lights up in her underground cities? cause O-MA-GAWRD that would be awesome. like, she has bioluminescent abilities on her body and lights up more her powers are used and her body gets flushed with desire.

Q2: I think she could implement a dream in your mind by altering your subconscious by making one dream of her all the time in the nude or to just dream of sexing her all day. okay, more a statement then a question, but I'm asking for other opinions here Dammit!
BoxedCarrot492
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: None

Post by BoxedCarrot492 »

Animajunki123 wrote:I'mma ignore everybody else since it's not talk about the fascinating things a MF can do and ask some questions with everybody else who does like her.

Q1: you think she lights up in her underground cities? cause O-MA-GAWRD that would be awesome. like, she has bioluminescent abilities on her body and lights up more her powers are used and her body gets flushed with desire.

Q2: I think she could implement a dream in your mind by altering your subconscious by making one dream of her all the time in the nude or to just dream of sexing her all day. okay, more a statement then a question, but I'm asking for other opinions here Dammit!
Q1. A good guess. I think it would be cool and a nice way to use the bioluminescent. Maybe something KC will answer someday.

Q2. My opinion is she could, or at least make you feel like your dreaming in a hypnosis state.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Since I don't need to like something to speculate about a species' technicalities... I can go as far as replying your first point.
Technically speaking... No, they shouldn't. That's not a trait applied to Illithids as far as I can remember.
However with her "reclassing" (let's gonna roll with that) as Scyllas and with a design that seems heavily inspired on a cuttlefish anatomy... It doesn't sound that crazy (cuttlefish are bioluminiscent after all).
Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baphomet lover
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet.

Post by Animajunki123 »

Q1. A good guess. I think it would be cool and a nice way to use the bioluminescent. Maybe something KC will answer someday.
Eh, we'll know if someone asks him the question. until that time, more or less speculation on our part.
Technically speaking... No, they shouldn't. That's not a trait applied to Illithids as far as I can remember.
However with her "reclassing" (let's gonna roll with that) as Scyllas and with a design that seems heavily inspired on a cuttlefish anatomy... It doesn't sound that crazy (cuttlefish are bioluminiscent after all).
Aw. well, I guess we can just consider it a head canon thing for others or just say she doesn't until we know for sure. course, now that I look over the profile, other then the whole thought munching thing, I don't really see anything that says she is in fact a Psionic. I would suppose it would be assumed on her origins, but ya never know. maybe all she can do is put thoughts in your head. course, that could be considered an extension of such psychic powers, but... eh. no info related in the profile that I can see that mentions it specifically.
Nick115
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Historian.
Favorite Monster Type: None anyone who says i do dies

Post by Nick115 »

I'ma agree with most people who has seen it, NOPE.

MGE has accidental grimdarkness, now this? This is just saying "We're already past the point of retconning, lets just go over the edge and see where it goes!" So do i like it? Yes, do i liker her? Fuck no.

Also WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE CHAOS MONSTERS, they are so powerful they dont serve the demon lord(ess), affected? Yes, but serve? Nope.

KC has talked about them before, that they're at the end of the "abyss," and out side of Poseidon's power, locked away forever because they're "unaffected by the demon lord," i think we might just see more of them and a whole lot more Grimdark.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Your Heros are their monsters, and your heaven is their hell, and vice versa, but to me, you're all wrong, and you will forever be wrong as long as you see the world in black and white.
cyrus-cain
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Some lunatic
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by cyrus-cain »

Nick115 wrote: KC has talked about them before, that they're at the end of the "abyss," and out side of Poseidon's power, locked away forever because they're "unaffected by the demon lord," i think we might just see more of them and a whole lot more Grimdark.
Only if they get out. Which I doubt they will unless they either become mamono themselves or find all their minions turned to mamono and forced to play along or get in a direct confrontation with the Demon Lord. Or maybe they'll be the only source of men from now on.

Also, bio-luminescence sound awesome, but it doesn't mention it so I going to say it's not present.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus

Post by Perentie »

cyrus-cain wrote:
Nick115 wrote: KC has talked about them before, that they're at the end of the "abyss," and out side of Poseidon's power, locked away forever because they're "unaffected by the demon lord," i think we might just see more of them and a whole lot more Grimdark.
Only if they get out. Which I doubt they will unless they either become mamono themselves or find all their minions turned to mamono and forced to play along or get in a direct confrontation with the Demon Lord. Or maybe they'll be the only source of men from now on.
They were locked away due to a war, but the one mention of them aside from the mindflayer profile outright states they have likely all become monster girls due to the Mamono Lord's influence, though with the proviso that this can't be confirmed as of yet.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Hmm nope indeed, too grotesque for my tastes. Good variety as always though, Kenny.
lv27_robothero
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Ally of Anon Jr. and time god

Post by lv27_robothero »

Mind Flayer i one of my new favorite, I could see her messing with other monster girls like making a Pharaoh think she's a low class servant of th royal family, or making a Apophis think she's a pharaoh's slave, or making entire sabbath group think their mature adults.
My wives
Yuri the Ryu ,Sally the Wurm, Lisa the Dragon, Asterius the Minotaur, Freya the Valkyrie, and Teffy the Pharaoh
My Children
Spoiler: show
Kira the Holy Dragon, from Lisa.
Meiling the Ryu, from Yuri.
Bath Kol the Valkyrie From Freya
cyrus-cain
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Some lunatic

Post by cyrus-cain »

lv27_robothero wrote: making a Pharaoh think she's a low class servant of th royal family, .
Sounds like a mamono fairy tale.
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Kuudere and One-eyed lover
Favorite Monster Type: Gazer, Golem, Cyclops, Chochin

Post by TheShadoek »

cyrus-cain wrote:
lv27_robothero wrote: making a Pharaoh think she's a low class servant of th royal family, .
Sounds like a mamono fairy tale.
Not impossible, however. A remind that Pharaohs are often dormant until a man steps into their chamber, and they can be bitten by Apophis despide their unusual game-over voice quirk. And KC himself said that Mindflayer's ability to reconstruct minds is actually so powerful it can succesfully convince a mamono that another man is her husband, before the same brand of Deus Ex Machina used in the Cinderella 3 kicks in.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Dang... I knew she was broken.
But I didn't expect her to have Apophis' tier Deus Ex Machina BS.

.P.S.: This girl should work wonders to boost ear plugs' sales in the Mamono World.
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TheShadoek »

Kaijin wrote:Dang... I knew she was broken.
But I didn't expect her to have Apophis' tier Deus Ex Machina BS.

.P.S.: This girl should work wonders to boost ear plugs' sales in the Mamono World.
I do believe you misunderstood me, so i will elaborate:

In Disney's Cinderella 3 the nameless prince gets brainwashed by magic, so he believes one of the stepsisters is actually the girl he met during the royal waltz, that is until they touch eachother, when he feels something is wrong.

Same thing applies to brainwashed mamono, according to KC, whom will realize that the person they are made to believe is their husband is not upon minimal contact. And they will snap out of it. Even though there is no reason for it, and not even mindflayers themselves know why it happens.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Time to level up their psychic defense skill and bring out the tin foil hats. xD Psychos are (possibly) immune to mind breaking like usual, like my buddy in Elder Scrolls Online. It makes perfect sense! Unless she's meant to be completely overpowered (I wouldn't doubt that either).

[youtube]XyLVDVi-8s4[/youtube]
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Regardless if I understood you or not...
...the notion of these "Cthyllas" being able of mentally rewriting other mamonos' minds (even top tier ones) albeit temporarilly, is terrifyingly broken... Sure, it's not near enough to be considered DEUS EX MACHINA TIER (like Apophi's chemical induced and permanent mental rewriting)... but it can still be quite a nasty trump card.
Last edited by Kaijin on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TheShadoek »

Kaijin wrote:Regardless if I understood you or not...
...the notion of these "Cthyllas" being able of mentally rewriting other mamonos' minds (even top tier ones) albeit temporarilly, is terrifyingly broken... Sure, it's not near enough to be considered Deus Ex Machina (like Apophi's chemical induced and permanent mental rewriting)... but it can still be quite a nasty trump card.
Excuse me but i do believe you lack a clear grasp of what Deus Ex Machina is.

A Deus Ex Machina is a plot device (be an object, event or character), formerly alien to a story, used or introduced to forcibly solve or extend problems whithin it. Poison captable of permanently enslaving everything it infects does not qualify as such in of itself, as we are already aware it exists and it's a threat.

A Deus Ex Machina would be, for example, that this particular Apophis learned how to spit her poison (something unheard, and unhinted, of by either of the characters or the reader himself) and used it to triumph over an enemy Pharaoh.

Deus Ex Machina is not to be confused with Overpowered, they are not nearly the same thing, and even sometimes both concepts can be completely unrelated.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Fixed... Happy now? (Seriously, give me a break... it's 4:30 AM here...¬¬)
that this particular Apophis learned how to spit her poison
That wouldn't be a deus ex machina... that would be... anatomically impossible, Apophis' design seems to be heavily inspired on the Egyptian Cobra, that it's unable to spit venom.
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TheShadoek »

Kaijin wrote:Fixed... Happy now? (Seriously, give me a break... it's 4:30 AM here...¬¬)
That wouldn't be a deus ex machina... that would be... anatomically impossible, Apophis' design seems to be heavily inspired on the Egyptian Cobra, that it's unable to spit venom.
It doesn't matter whether it's anatomically possible, in this fictional situation it happened. And the fact that is implausible to begin with is what MAKES it a Deus Ex Machina. Since it's an event alien to the laws of the universe it happens, thus, something that should not happen and it does either way, just for the sake of the story.

However that is far too derailed from topic so let's settle it here.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:Fixed... Happy now? (Seriously, give me a break... it's 4:30 AM here...¬¬)
Actually since the apophis has a human mouth she should be able to spit her venom the way a human spits saliva. Just release venom in her mouth and then spit it. Course it may not go that far or be that accurate. :^^:

Just pointing it out, I know you are referring to how spitting cobras have specialized fangs that allow them to squirt venom out forward-directed holes in the fangs.