Kobold

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Re: Kobold

Post by Helios Leinheart »

Chaos wrote:Ehhh..Not a fan. I adore kobolds, but this is FAR too dog-like, and to....I can't find the word.

I like my kobolds to be either lizard-like, or if they are dogs, they should at least look like shifty, shady creatures.
Chanterla
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: the mad doctor.
Favorite Monster Type: troll

Post by Chanterla »

kobold has been translated on MGR, she's a lovable loyal puppy girl.
Haters gonna hate, hatters gonna hat, potatoes gonna potate.......I have no clue where I'm going with this.

Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

About what I expected.

A cute little servant dog always seeking affection from her master; and she'll more than likely receive it. Seems they're also used to help find rare herbs and minerals.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

It's a kobold, poi.

Post by Kaijin »

Feathers wrote:The secret of the MGE's draw. Waiting, and waiting, and waiting! I've been waiting since the Siren for an entry I'd like. :sigh:
Quite a decent approach when it comes to this setting I reckon... But your wait might end up becoming eternal.
When it comes to approach this setting I try to follow this guideline whenever it's humanely possible:

*Try to keep your expectations as low as possible (The more expectations/hype you have for something the more chances there'll be for you to be disappointed by the final results... However if you have no expectations (or can hold your expectations in check) you'll have more chances to find pleasant surprises in the end).

Anyway... let's move on to what it matters.

Well, she's cute, nice and adorable... There's no way (for me) to dislike this one, even though it displeased me to see how the entry portrayed as dumb creatures (I've had dogs for way longer than I can remember (aka since almost birth) and I fully know that they can be really smart animals), but oh well... I'm used to the overused and trite "dogs are dumb but loyal" cliché by now.

She's not a favorite of mine (although all those Yuudachi-like vibes she has give her a plus on my book), but she's quite decent all around.

.P.S.:
Is that drool on her bone ?(look closely at the belt)
Yes it is... yet another overused cliché (eating bones can be highly harmful (even lethal) to dogs).
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Kuudere and One-eyed lover
Favorite Monster Type: Gazer, Golem, Cyclops, Chochin

Re: It's a kobold, poi.

Post by TheShadoek »

Kaijin wrote:
Is that drool on her bone ?(look closely at the belt)
Yes it is... yet another overused cliché (eating bones can be highly harmful (even lethal) to dogs).
A cliche, but a true cliche. Bones are a dog's recreative toy and diet complementary since ancient times. Of course you can't give, let's say a chihuahua, a chiken leg bone to eat because it'll choke, but beyond the danger of it choking, internal bleeding caused by a sharp point, and digestive obstruction there is not a lot of danger on them. Eating bones of the right size doesn't cause harm to the animal, but benefits it, and choosing an appropiate, large and sturdy bone for it to play will assure that it doesn't try to swallow it.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I wonder if there are actually subspecies of Kobolds based on dog races, since it would actually add flavor and diversity to the entry (along with different body types other than petite pettanko we see here that doesn't seem to get too much love).
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: It's a kobold, poi.

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:Well, she's cute, nice and adorable... There's no way (for me) to dislike this one, even though it displeased me to see how the entry portrayed as dumb creatures (I've had dogs for way longer than I can remember (aka since almost birth) and I fully know that they can be really smart animals), but oh well... I'm used to the overused and trite "dogs are dumb but loyal" cliché by now.
Except it never says they are dumb, indeed it clarifies that simple thinking does not equal a lack of intelligence. It just means that they don't think all that deeply about things.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Except it never says they are dumb, indeed it clarifies that simple thinking does not equal a lack of intelligence. It just means that they don't think all that deeply about things.
Referring to them as scatterbrained is not that much better either...¬¬
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Disclaimer: Comment not directed to anyone specifically, so don't assume such.

I'm always dealing with Okayado and other writers implying that harpies are "dumb" or "scatterbrained". Not true, of course! Just because a living being doesn't act like "a regular human" does not mean that the being is "dumb" or "scatterbrained. In my opinion the same can probably be said for many other Monster Girls. Monster Girls are NOT human, and I believe it's unfair to categorize them as such, and also assume they aren't capable of improving their "human likeness" after knowing their lovers.

Just my 2 feathers...
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Kuudere and One-eyed lover
Favorite Monster Type: Gazer, Golem, Cyclops, Chochin

Post by TheShadoek »

Thing is, Feathers, that an average individual coming from a species with a lower mental capacity than human beings IS dumb by human standarts. If it's a fair comparison or not doesn't matter. That is how things are. They can improve, yes, and there are those whom are actually stated to get much better after getting their beloved (Zombsis, Spooky Ghosts, Skellington, Suu-raimu.)
Raja-Ulat
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: The Bookworm

Post by Raja-Ulat »

Got a couple of ideas of the dog-like MGE-kobold as shown below:

Seeing a Different Kind of Kobold
Spoiler: show
A man was taking a walk with a kobold that he had recently adopted as a pet-cum-friend when she saw a picture of a Dungeons and Dragons version of a kobold. Staring at the picture of the scaly creature, the dog-like kobold tilted her head cutely as she asked, "How in the world did they come up with THAT image for my kind?"

Shrugging, the man replied, "Probably the same way they came up with trolls in Dungeons and Dragons."

Meanwhile, a very angry lizardman was glaring daggers at her boyfriend as she growled, "No, I will NOT cosplay as a Dungeons and Dragons version of a kobold!

In another location, a gang of large mice were grinning as they marched towards a Warcraft convention while wearing helmets with candles on them. Confident in their latest attempt to get themselves a husband, the leader proudly shouted, "You no take candle!"
Eye-Seeing Kobold...
Spoiler: show
"Honey, how did this this happen?" asked a mother of a blind boy.

"Well, we did want to get an eye-seeing dog for him." replied the father.

"What I meant was how could we not have realized that THIS would happen!" said the mother as she pointed at a scene of a naked teenage boy snuggling with an equally naked teenage kobold who was supposed to be his eye-seeing companion. Sleeping soundly on the boy's large bed, they were blissfully unaware of the agitated mother.

Shrugging, the father replied, "I'm sure it had something to do with you immediately loving her for her cute looks and thinking that someone so sweet wouldn't harm our boy."

Glaring at her husband for not giving the answers that she wanted to hear, despite the fact that he was actually correct, the mother groused, "What would our neighbors and relatives think about this? It'll be a scandal!"

"Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal..." Suddenly seeing the black paw of a very naked and buxom hellhound affectionately hugging both the blind boy and the kobold, the father quickly amended, "On second thought, THAT is scandalous." To be perfectly fair, neither the mother not the father noticed the large blanket-covered lump on the bed as they were fixated on the blind boy and the kobold.

Staring at the scene for one moment, the mother promptly fainted on the spot.

Notes on this story: Please be aware that hellhounds are protective over their beloved husbands so the idea of a hellhound guard-wife is not impossible.
Charnel
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: Da shark bawss.
Favorite Monster Type: Myself. Of course.

Post by Charnel »

Chaos wrote:Ehhh..Not a fan. I adore kobolds, but this is FAR too dog-like, and to....I can't find the word.

I like my kobolds to be either lizard-like, or if they are dogs, they should at least look like shifty, shady creatures.
yeah this. I'm used to kobolds being lizard-y, or drakes. Not dogs. She's cute though.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Why am I just now finding out about this!

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Because you only drop by a few times a year!
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

Flare wrote:Any bets that she's a monstergirl version of domestic or hunting dogs?
Well, guess that wasn't too far off.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Post by [BRindustries] »

Wow, look what i just found on the RC community shop:
Schermafdruk 2015-09-20 22.37.13.png
Schermafdruk 2015-09-20 22.37.17.png
Not entirely my style, but pretty damn impressive nonetheless.^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.