Jiangshi

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
PAZ

Re: Jiangshi

Post by PAZ »

Blake81 wrote:Just noticed something interesting. At the end of her charm, you can clearly see the Ma (魔) Kanji, same one as Maou, so I wonder if that has any importance.
魔 can also mean "Devil" "Evil"

魔(Ma)王(Ou) = Maou
lv27_robothero
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Ally of Anon Jr. and time god
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by lv27_robothero »

Her profile was posted on MGR, its one of my new favorites.
My wives
Yuri the Ryu ,Sally the Wurm, Lisa the Dragon, Asterius the Minotaur, Freya the Valkyrie, and Teffy the Pharaoh
My Children
Spoiler: show
Kira the Holy Dragon, from Lisa.
Meiling the Ryu, from Yuri.
Bath Kol the Valkyrie From Freya
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

PAZ wrote:
Blake81 wrote:Just noticed something interesting. At the end of her charm, you can clearly see the Ma (魔) Kanji, same one as Maou, so I wonder if that has any importance.

魔(Ma)王(Ou) = Maou
I know, what I wondered most was if the Kanji meant the same in Chinese as in Japanese. Does it?
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Yes it does
abyssolar
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: None

Post by abyssolar »

Blake81 wrote:
PAZ wrote:

魔(Ma)王(Ou) = Maou
I know, what I wondered most was if the Kanji meant the same in Chinese as in Japanese. Does it?
It can also mean something that is magic related, both in Chinese and Japanese.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Mahou, and... MAHOU SHOUJO
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Oh the irony...
...The only monster I expected to be mindless... Turns out to be a genius and have a spell repertoire that puts Tellah to shame.

What can I say... Uber Zombie... yay...¬¬ (I get the whole meaning of her being physically enhanced, but it was really necessary to make her into a master sorceress when that niche was pretty much covered in the undead ranks already?)

Design wise she's pretty nice looking I guess (I'm not fond of the clothing design chosen this time around... but other than that she's okay) and it's kind of funny that to this race human mana is pretty much 3 in 1 oil...

Human's men mana for Jianghi's standards

...but what kills this entry (for me that is) is how ofudas (aka talisman seals) are treated. Can Jiangshis remove it at will? Can not be enslaved? Their only real use is as buffing spells?
What's the point on taking probably one of the most reamarkable traits of this whole race? At least he could have implemented the use of the ofudas to make them stop in their tracks (as ofudas can be used to immobilize these hopping critters).

...sigh...
Not liking her, not hating her... I just share her disposition as the way she's portrayed leaves me indifferent.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
lv27_robothero
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Ally of Anon Jr. and time god

Post by lv27_robothero »

The talisman removal is KC's way to try and keep grimdark stuff, NTR, and "monster girls do kill" out of his setting, as he doesn't like that that stuff. Anything else I think a Jiangshi would be bounded to obey. And it is also saying that natural Jiangshi who came to life without a talisman aren't that affected by talisman as they came to life without the need of it.
My wives
Yuri the Ryu ,Sally the Wurm, Lisa the Dragon, Asterius the Minotaur, Freya the Valkyrie, and Teffy the Pharaoh
My Children
Kira the Holy Dragon, from Lisa.
Meiling the Ryu, from Yuri.
Bath Kol the Valkyrie From Freya
Fur-man
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: the magic scientist fox
Favorite Monster Type: big boobed ones

Post by Fur-man »

lv27_robothero wrote:The talisman removal is KC's way to try and keep grimdark stuff, NTR, and "monster girls do kill" out of his setting, as he doesn't like that that stuff. Anything else I think a Jiangshi would be bounded to obey. And it is also saying that natural Jiangshi who came to life without a talisman aren't that affected by talisman as they came to life without the need of it.

We will have to wait for the translation and see :^^:
ImageImageImage

hay I mite as well be a jack-of-alltrads
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

And it is also saying that natural Jiangshi who came to life without a talisman aren't that affected by talisman as they came to life without the need of it.
Jiangshis will always "be born" without a talisman, and I don't think that in this setting is any different. By reading the profile it says "Jiangshis that have revived" meaning as "Jiangshis who already been placed a seal on them" (as the seal in this setting brings the soul back to the corpse) rather than "Jiangshis who were born without a seal", implying that used once the ofuda is pretty much a piece of paper waiting to be discarded (and it wasn't that much useful to begin with...).

The most foreseeble future for a used ofuda

As I already stated IMHO the whole ofuda issue has been handled pretty poorly and was quite the waste of potential... But if you like it the way it is, well then... be my guest (I'm just giving my two cents here, it's not my intention or my interest to shove my viewpoint on anyone else nor make her less likable in the eyes of anyone else).
ShadowBladeX
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Demonic Shadow Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Salamander, Lilim, Vampire

Post by ShadowBladeX »

Kaijin wrote:
...but what kills this entry (for me that is) is how ofudas (aka talisman seals) are treated. Can Jiangshis remove it at will? Can not be enslaved? Their only real use is as buffing spells?
What's the point on taking probably one of the most reamarkable traits of this whole race? At least he could have implemented the use of the ofudas to make them stop in their tracks (as ofudas can be used to immobilize these hopping critters).
Says right in the profile what the talismans are used for. Essentially used for enhancing strength and/or magic, reviving corpses as Jiangshi and making one love a man that is their husband more deeply. Jiangshi (At least the already revived ones) can remove them at will should they choose to if it goes against their will. Not really seeing the problem with the way KC decided to use them as a "buffing spell". An enslavement tool would imply that one could take a Jiangshi away from her husband by altering the writing on it, hence her ability to remove it at will. And I would think that the extreme strength, the nail aspect, the hopping, the not-rigor-mortis and the martial arts would be remarkable and recognized traits as well. :whatever:
Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! - Sergeant Avery Johnson (Halo)

My favorite monster girls (Names for those whom I remember. Will update when I come up with more names.
Number one spot: Liandra Aria (Salamander)/Lady Ryong (Ryu)
Serena Drakemore(Elf)
Tiamat (Dragon)
Leona DeLocke (Dark Elf)
Victoria Degale(Alp)
Xentheria - Lilim
Elizabeth (Eliza) Fatima(Lizardman)
Witch
Nova (Ignis)
Akira (Werewolf)
Sarah Del Rizer (Vampire)
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

First post has been updated with the translated profile.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Hopping in circles

Post by Kaijin »

Says right in the profile what the talismans are used for. Essentially used for enhancing strength and/or magic, reviving corpses as Jiangshi and making one love a man that is their husband more deeply. Jiangshi (At least the already revived ones) can remove them at will should they choose to if it goes against their will. Not really seeing the problem with the way KC decided to use them as a "buffing spell". An enslavement tool would imply that one could take a Jiangshi away from her husband by altering the writing on it, hence her ability to remove it at will. And I would think that the extreme strength, the nail aspect, the hopping, the not-rigor-mortis and the martial arts would be remarkable and recognized traits as well.
Neither the superhuman strength nor the martial arts are trademark traits per se of such race, but rather traits that they've gained from the exposure to media over the course of the years (like the bloodsucking).
A trademark trait would be the hopping, the rigor mortis or the blindness (Jiangshis are blind in Chinese lore) for instance.

...sigh... Allow me to make myself clear once more:

-I NEVER said in any moment that it wasn't explained in the profile... Just I personally felt that it could have been used better or in a more faithful way (as it's not that hard to come up with ideas to implement its original function without falling into slavery nor NTR routes... Golem proved it as a matter of fact) and there's nothing wrong in giving an opinion as long as it's in a civil manner without disrpespecting anyone.

-If you like it the way has been implemented... good for you then, You like it and I don't... To each their own, as simple as that.