Cursed Sword

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Cursed Sword

Post by Perentie »

Blake81 wrote:
Kaijin wrote:I find her pretty "meh" and I find more interesting the things the profile doesn't mention (like what would happen if the sword was found by a man instead of a woman) than anything mentioned on it.
That's EXACTLY the question everybody's asking; quite the Texas-sized loophole on this one. Hope KC's notes on this profile will clarify it.
KC explained in detail on twitter what happens regarding men wielding the blades and they were posted along with the profile both on MGR and the wiki. Guess the translations of those weren't copied over here.

I'll go ahead and post them below:

1. The sword is part of their body and can't be removed, but it can turn into a gauntlet form so it won't interfere during sex.

2. The sword cannot parasitically infest a man unless he has the qualities to become an alp. When a man uses the sword the desire to cut isn't as strong as in the case of a woman, but there is an additional function of searching for the woman the man is fond of and prioritizing cutting her.

3. A man can't fuse with it, so eventually maybe his wife or a potential wife will be drawn to the sword and pick it up.

4. There are Japanese-style cursed swords too. Kenkou may release them in the future as a subspecies.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

1. The sword is part of their body and can't be removed, but it can turn into a gauntlet form so it won't interfere during sex.
Okay... That's informatively awkward... Thanks I suppose. ^^U
2. The sword cannot parasitically infest a man unless he has the qualities to become an alp. When a man uses the sword the desire to cut isn't as strong as in the case of a woman, but there is an additional function of searching for the woman the man is fond of and prioritizing cutting her.
I didn't ask if it can't infest or possess or whatever... I simply asked if a man CAN FIND it and CAN WIELD it.
Apparently men can wield it on its base form, the rest feels like innecessary prattle to me.
3. A man can't fuse with it, so eventually maybe his wife or a potential wife will be drawn to the sword and pick it up.
So men can't wield it once it evolved into "Erementar NAH" by the power of poorly written plot... What's the point of a sword you can't use?
4. There are Japanese-style cursed swords too. Kenkou may release them in the future as a subspecies.
Okay, useless palette swaps around the corner... thanks for the heads up I guess...^^U
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

After reading the profile I still have quite a liking for her.

Reminds of the blade Saika from Durarara!! a bit.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:So men can't wield it once it evolved into "Erementar NAH" by the power of poorly written plot... What's the point of a sword you can't use?
What's the issue? Its a parasitic sword that fuses with its female host. Why should it be able to be used by a man after it has fused with a woman? Sure one could add something about how magic could allow for her to transform into nothing but a sword and be wielded by her husband, other series have done that kind of thing, but its hardly a requirement or turns it into a "what's the point" kind of thing.

Seems more like a writing decision rather than objectively bad writing.
Okay, useless palette swaps around the corner... thanks for the heads up I guess...^^U
Are the counterparts of mainland monster girls all "useless palette swaps"?
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

...whatever floats your boat, if having a sword that you can't use at all (other than being a target for her deranged attempt of swordsmanship if you don't scratch the back of her ears every 50 seconds) is a strike of genius... then a friggin' strike of genius.

But the concept of having a sentinent sword (and extremely devoted to the point of giving herself completely to her husband to boot) in a setting that doesn't only allow it but downright screams "go ahead and do it!" and still you can't get any real use of it... It's poorly choosen and even worsely executed.

If you can somehow even if it's remotely understand that from my perspective such concept and the way it was executed it's not only a waste of potential but also a blunder... Then I friggin' beg you to stop right here and right now.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:...whatever floats your boat, if having a sword that you can't use at all (other than being a target for her deranged attempt of swordsmanship if you don't scratch the back of her ears every 50 seconds) is a strike of genius... then a friggin' strike of genius.
I don't recall saying it was genius, I just see it as a legitimate choice.
But the concept of having a sentinent sword (and extremely devoted to the point of giving herself completely to her husband to boot) in a setting that doesn't only allow it but downright screams "go ahead and do it!" and still you can't get any real use of it... It's poorly choosen and even worsely executed.
My impression is the sword itself is not fully sentient, indeed it may not even count as a monster on its own (it is stated the nature of the swords changed along with the monsters, but not that the swords themselves are monsters, indicating there may be some distinction between them). Basically it is an incomplete existence with a few base urges rather than a functioning mind, rather like a kitsune-bi before she mates with a man or fuses with a woman. The cursed sword monster girl is the human woman fused with the cursed sword and altered by it, not the sword itself. But that's neither here nor there.

Really, to have the man not be able to wield his wife like a tool just seems like a odd thing to cry foul on. Nothing wrong with including the ability, but she doesn't lose anything vital for lacking it either.
Raet
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Reality Melder
Favorite Monster Type: Erumo, Bovi, Slime, Lamia

Post by Raet »

Perentie wrote: Really, to have the man not be able to wield his wife like a tool just seems like a odd thing to cry foul on. Nothing wrong with including the ability, but she doesn't lose anything vital for lacking it either.
Are you serious? It would not be wielding her as a tool, it would be wielding her as your faithful sword or blade. The sword whispering to him:

"I love you darling, now see the tendon on that beast? Cut it! cut it now!"

or the guy is in a frenzied battle, his faithful wife slipping in to try to get hits on their enemy, all of a sudden the sword ripples causing him to accidentally nick his own cheek.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Eh heh heh, mmm, so delicious, I couldn't resist a quick taste."
ImageImage
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Raet wrote:Are you serious? It would not be wielding her as a tool, it would be wielding her as your faithful sword or blade. The sword whispering to him:
Never denied such possibilities had merit, though then again her wanting to fight side by side with her husband could run counter to the theme of the profile of the husband being her "sheath" who keeps her wild tendencies in check.

We just had a battle partner monster in the living armor, so no need to repeat that with the cursed sword (though again, it would have been okay if it was repeated, it just wasn't necessary). It's another clear distinction between them if nothing else.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

First post has been updated. Sorry for the late update. It's been busy at work... :sigh:
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Really, to have the man not be able to wield his wife like a tool just seems like a odd thing to cry foul on. Nothing wrong with including the ability, but she doesn't lose anything vital for lacking it either.
...You try to be reasonable...^^U
If my opinion is dead wrong so be it, it's dead wrong and I'm a moron for thinking just like that... Damned me for thinking that being able to attain the deepest connection with your wife is regard her as a tool.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:If my opinion is dead wrong so be it, it's dead wrong and I'm a moron for thinking just like that... Damned me for thinking that being able to attain the deepest connection with your wife is regard her as a tool.
You're not "dead wrong" and certainly not a "moron." If nothing else the living armor allows for what you want, and the cursed sword just takes a different path.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

If nothing else the living armor allows for what you want,
No she doesn't... But I'm just so tired of dealing with this kind of issues at every MGE thread that I'll just simply bite the bullet, take it for granted and call it a day ¬¬
Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baphomet lover
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet.

Post by Animajunki123 »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, she's quite wonderful in my opinion. she's like a crazed yandere Bloodknight with hint of Tsundere in her.

=w=

Though the idea that there may be a Muramasa version get's my weeb blood flowing. gotta wonder if there will be a holy sword version in the future as well, and if we'll get a shield as well... wouldn't surprise me.
SubaruShin
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: The Incubus Dragoon
Favorite Monster Type: All the Dragon Kin, Mantis

Post by SubaruShin »

what if a living armor grabbed the sword? it might be then be possible for the husband to wield the cursed sword with all its power while wearing the armor since the sword would be fused with the armor.
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lv. 124 Dark Knight and Bard
Favorite Monster Type: Amazoness, Alp, Kunoichi,
Location: Royce, Capital of the Black Rose Republic (What once started an small inn grew into a nation)

Post by Kmon13 »

Wow seeing this I get a Sword edge type vibe off her. I'm officially inspired again!! :perv:

The right to live free without fear of death should be granted and enjoyed by all beings Mamono, human, or Otherwise.

Least liked Mamono:Mamono who rape!

Tales of the Black Rose Inn...
Destined Paths Of Eden
Lilith Academy Chronicles
Monster Girl Apocalypse Journals
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis

Post by Jinouga87 »

Perentie wrote:
Kaijin wrote:So men can't wield it once it evolved into "Erementar NAH" by the power of poorly written plot... What's the point of a sword you can't use?
What's the issue? Its a parasitic sword that fuses with its female host. Why should it be able to be used by a man after it has fused with a woman? Sure one could add something about how magic could allow for her to transform into nothing but a sword and be wielded by her husband, other series have done that kind of thing, but its hardly a requirement or turns it into a "what's the point" kind of thing.

Are the counterparts of mainland monster girls all "useless palette swaps"?
I don't think they are. I'm hyped to see a Japanese-style Living Sword at some point.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I don't think they are. I'm hyped to see a Japanese-style Living Sword at some point.
Depending on how he implements them if he actually goes and pictures them as actual tsukumogamis, they could turn into some decent entry material...
...On the other hand if he just goes and adds some Japanese visuals to the Cursed Sword and calls it a day (it wouldn't be the first time he pulled this stunt off) then yes it's yet another useless palette swap (and while we're at it I don't think that Zipangu entries are palette swaps by default as most of them are based on existing Asian lores and some of them are unique (Inari and Kejourou don't have "Western" counterpart so to speak))
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

That's a creepy one, no thanks! Drazz where are you?!