Umi Osho

The Devout Masochist

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Umi Osho

Post by Blake81 »

Umi Osho.png
Profile and Art Copyright Kenkou Cross @ http://kurobine.sakura.ne.jp/
Translated Profile Commissioned by Monster Girl Redux
Do not redistribute, modify, or re-host without the expressed written consent of Kenkou Cross.

Kenkou's notes:
Spoiler: show
新刊、「魔物娘図鑑Ⅱ」に先行収録された14の種族から、「海和尚(ウミオショウ)」ちゃん!
It's “Umi Osho”-chan, one of the 14 races first included in the new book “Monster Girl Encyclopedia II”!

海神の信徒であり、ジパング版「シー・ビショップ」といった役割を持つほか、海底の楽園、「竜宮城」への案内人!
They're devotees of the sea god, and they sort of have the role of a Zipangu version of the “sea bishop”, but aside from that, they're also guides at the paradise at the bottom of the sea, “Ryugujo”!

気が弱くて臆病な彼女達ですが、実は(性的な意味で)虐められるのが好きなんだとか……
They're timid and faint of heart, but actually they like being tormented (in a sexual sense), or something like that...
“Ryugujo” --Setting Info--
A beautifully wondrous palace, adorned with coral of various colors, and the city that surrounds it, which exists at the bottom of the sea near Zipangu. Ruled by “Otohime” with “umi osho” serving as guides, due to the regular service of the magical “underwater palanquin”, men from the outside are invited, and given such a warm reception by the monsters that it's like paradise. It's an “amusement city” where men can have a dream-like time.

Due to the power of Otohime, in Ryugujo, it's possible even for ordinary humans who haven't done the sea god's ritual to live just as they do on the surface, and as far as humans from the surface can tell, their clothes and goods don't even get wet, they're even able to walk with their feet on the ground, and it doesn't even feel as though their movement is being limited by the water, however, on the other hand, to sea monsters and their husbands, it also feels as though they're “underwater”. "They can freely swim around underwater, which looks like they are swimming in "the sky" from the perspective of humans who visit from the surface.

The entire town is an amusement city for the sake of entertaining guests, and along with that, even the palace is open to guests. Day and night, deluxe food and sake are provided, and along with this, guests are entertained by the dancing of beautiful sea monsters. The resident unmarried monsters are all employees of this amusement city, and while entertaining men from the bottom of their hearts, should an opportunity present itself, a monster will take a man back to her bedroom, or aim to be taken back to his bedroom.

It's this sort of city, but originally, Ryugujo was meant to revere the sea god, so there's an imposing shrine to the sea god. Marriage ceremonies are performed by umi osho in the shrine, and it's said that many humans and monsters who will be getting married visit.
Clean Image:
309_umi_osho_L.jpg
Japanese Profile:
dd5ae14f8286f6265ab6901ac8c979b0.jpg
Its turtle time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: Umi Oshko

Post by Kaijin »

It's named Umi Osho, not Umi Oshko, so please check out this thread's title whenever you can (if possible).

Also, on a related note... While I might not be 100% certain on this, this entry is more connected to the legend of Taro Urashima than to Dragon Ball (as it can possibly be based on the turtle that led Taro to the Dragon Palace where Otohime lived).

I'll save my two cents for the time being until the translation is implemented... But it kind of pisses me off that there is finally a turtle "monster" implemented... and IT'S NOT a Tarasque.

It would act as a perfect base for a badass monstergirl
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Re: Umi Osho

Post by Blake81 »

Kaijin wrote:It's named Umi Osho, not Umi Oshko, so please check out this thread's title whenever you can (if possible).
Opsie! Serves me right for posting from my iPhone. Good thing someone fixed it already.
Kaijin wrote:Also, on a related note... While I might not be 100% certain on this, this entry is more connected to the legend of Taro Urashima than to Dragon Ball (as it can possibly be based on the turtle that led Taro to the Dragon Palace where Otohime lived).
You might be onto something there; I think I've seen that mentioned in a couple of animes. It's just that, well, I was raised on DBZ, and when I first saw her, the image that came to mind was Master Roshi having his nosebleed SAIYAN. :^^;:

At least I'm not calling it a ''Teenage Monmusu Ninja Turtle'' like many folks around the net. :XD:
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

Waifus in a half-shell! Turtle power!
Vendettadabeast
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: THE BEASTLY REBEL
Favorite Monster Type: The,Naughty,Bad and Lustful

Post by Vendettadabeast »

Turtle pow- dammit someone beat me to it uh well KOWABUNGA!
We won't, surrender, nor will we bow down.

We refuse to follow your lead, and accept your orders.

Nor will we obey your rules, and do things your way.

We we will fight for our cause, and die for it with no regrets.

REBEL
L337 m4n
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lord Shadow
Favorite Monster Type: Imps and kunoichi

Post by L337 m4n »

Such a cute turtle. Kappa has competition now when it comes to shell lovers.
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lv. 124 Dark Knight and Bard
Favorite Monster Type: Amazoness, Alp, Kunoichi,
Location: Royce, Capital of the Black Rose Republic (What once started an small inn grew into a nation)

Post by Kmon13 »

Now the Kappa has a rival with a priestess of the Sea vibe about her.

The right to live free without fear of death should be granted and enjoyed by all beings Mamono, human, or Otherwise.

Least liked Mamono:Mamono who rape!

Tales of the Black Rose Inn...
Destined Paths Of Eden
Lilith Academy Chronicles
Monster Girl Apocalypse Journals
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Shell Shocking Experience

Post by Kaijin »

It has already been translated... in that other site, be sure to check her out.

Well... She's "peculiar" let's grant her that...

1) She's based on a sea turtle... yet that shell is that of a land turtle...

What she should have on her back

What she actually has on her back

2) For being a priestess and supposedly modest at everything she does... her dressing code is far from being modest (she's a nopan girl).

3) I'm still wondering how the heck does she walk on land. It seems that she has flippers rather than feet (and hands)... She could easily be the gal with the strongest stomach muscles in the whole setting.

Other than that, she pretty much acts as the Zipangu-esque equivalent of the Sea Bishop (to the point that she's able of doing the same things Sea Bishops can do) everything under water seems to literally adore her and if you for some bizarre reason manage to cause harm to one of them... the rest of the sea will make you pay for what you did... TENFOLD.

Also they have the role of guides to the Dragon Palace, but considering what was the inspiration behind this entry... this is hardly a surprise.

It's worth mentioning that:

A) They're masochistic by nature.
B) Anything they do can ignite a sadistic spark on men.

(That's one heck of perversion of canon... I know that the turtle in the legend of Taro Urashima was being mistreated but going from there to having an antropomorphic turtle lass that gets turned on the more you (sexually) vex her...).

Like I said she's simply... peculiar, on the bright side... those hair poofies are adorbale.

.P.S.: The Dragon Palace is also explained thanks to this lass, apparently it was a place meant to worship the sea deity but it ended up becoming in a touristic resort over the course of time... One where supposedly fun never ends and pretty much you can't leave as while it acts an entertaining spot for men, it also acts as the perfect hunting ground for unmarried aquatic monstergirls.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

First post has been updated with the translation.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Kaijin wrote:1) She's based on a sea turtle... yet that shell is that of a land turtle...
Uhm, actually, there ARE sea turtles with shells like hers. I know it because I had one as a pet when I was a kid. I think KC might have mixed more than two types of turtle here....

We cubans call them ''Jicoteas'', but I believe they're called ''Painted Turtles''; they're very popular pets due to how little they eat and how little attention they need. And while they are mainly found on masses of fresh (and sometimes salt) water in the tropics and such, they also exist in many parts of Asia, including China and Japan. The ''Painted'' part of their names comes from a pattern they tend to have on their belly, which kinda resembles what KC did with that Tortoise Shell Bondage pattern on the Umi Osho (although I get the feeling that's more of a reference ther ''M'' tendencies).

Anyhow, her profile as a whole strongly reminds me of Okita Nozomu from Sengoku Rance; the how her meek masochism triggers a sadistic reaction in men...
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Herpetelogy for dummies

Post by Kaijin »

I knew that scenario was bound to trigger...Sooner than I anticipated and by someone far from who I could imagine, but still I knew it was meant to happen.

While the design might be similar... Those shells are not nearly as convex nor puffed out as the one Umi Osho sports on her back.
Which still leads me to believe that it's based on that of a land turtle... Or that Kenkou's expertise on herpetology is non existant and he simply drew the first shell it came to mind for his creation.

.P.S.:
We cubans call them ''Jicoteas''
Cuban? Weren't you a Bolivian?
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Hmm.... Could be. Perhaps KC simply drew the first shell that was more ''visually appealing''? That of a sea turtle is bigger and with more details, so maybe that's all that there is; he just picked the prettiest one.
Kaijin wrote:Cuban? Weren't you a Bolivian?
Yup! I'm Cuban, I merely live in Bolivia.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I think that it's a pretty common mistake in media, look for instance at Akira Toriyama... he made the same mistake with Mutenroshi's pet/companion turtle (I haven't seen a sea turtle well implemented in media since... Tirtouga and Carracosta).

Also while we're at it painted turtles are considered fresh water turtles, which is why their shells are different (yet closer looking than those of land turtles) to those of sea turtles (I happened to own 4 of those critters as a kid myself too, the most voracious York ham devourers I've ever seen).

.P.S.:
Yup! I'm Cuban, I merely live in Bolivia.
My mistake then, accept my apologies for that.
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Kuudere and One-eyed lover
Favorite Monster Type: Gazer, Golem, Cyclops, Chochin

Post by TheShadoek »

Kaijin wrote:I think that it's a pretty common mistake in media, look for instance at Akira Toriyama... he made the same mistake with Mutenroshi's pet/companion turtle (I haven't seen a sea turtle well implemented in media since... Tirtouga and Carracosta).

Also while we're at it painted turtles are considered fresh water turtles, which is why their shells are different (yet closer looking than those of land turtles) to those of sea turtles (I happened to own 4 of those critters as a kid myself too, the most voracious York ham devourers I've ever seen).
Indeed, those are turtles of the Family and Genus Trachemys scripta, and are mostly amphibian in terms of livinghood. Sea turtles possess a more elongated, smooth and flat-ended caparace in order to be able to swim through the currents with ease.

Umi Osho's Caparace is that of a Desert Tortoise, very round, spacious and heavy-looking. Coincidentially, Kappa's shell is a lot more like that of an Aquatic Turtle, but still hers has many vivid colors and some bulky-looking scales that seem to overlap, which make it similar to a river turtle's moreso than a sea's. Not to mention she has it backwards.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus

Post by Perentie »

Just to play devil's advocate, but its possible that KC went for such a domed/rounded shell simply so it could be conceivable for the umi-osho to actually fit inside it if she curled up. Though that still begs the question of how it opens as its clearly not attached the same way as a real turtle's shell (i.e. at most it is fused to her spine, not her ribcage and such). Perhaps its more like how a snail goes into its shell?
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Just to play devil's advocate, but its possible that KC went for such a domed/rounded shell simply so it could be conceivable for the umi-osho to actually fit inside it if she curled up
I doubt it, since that can happen to all turtles regardless its typing and shell form.

Sea Turtle

Fresh Water Turtle

Land Turtle

Can you see a pattern yet? Do you notice how each and every of these sub-species actually have the same problem? One thing is trying to play devil's advocate and other completely different is trying to defend a lost cause. It wasn't intentional, it was the fruit of media based ignorance... It might be painful but even the artist you defend so adamant and stalwartly and deify so much makes mistakes (and makes quite a lot actually).
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

I... think you misunderstood me Kaijin. I was talking about how she is stated to be able to hide inside her shell, retract her body, etc. not how she can get stuck on her back. With a humanoid form (one that is far more separated from the shell than a real turtle or even a humanoid one like the TMT) that is more conceivable if the shell is high enough for her to curl her humanoid body up into a ball. 8-)
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Let's dwelve into it a tad too farther then, shall we?

A) I never got to misunderstand your point as it was literally and absolutely nothing to misunderstand there (so please stop insulting my intelligence and/or my English comprehension. I don't appreciate it).
B) No matter how much you try to justify it. One and every sub-species of turtles CAN fit in their own shells regardless of how big or convex their shells are.
C) If you're gonna find a example at least do proper research... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are based after fresh water turtles, not land ones (and once again if a fresh water turtle can do that a sea turtle can also do it).

It's a design mistake, so what? Is it really so difficult to swallow that fact to the point that you're bent to defend what cannot be defended no matter what? Even the best make mistakes every now and then.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:Let's dwelve into it a tad too farther then, shall we?

A) I never got to misunderstand your point as it was literally and absolutely nothing to misunderstand there (so please stop insulting my intelligence and/or my English comprehension. I don't appreciate it).
Then I apologize for misunderstanding you, each photo showed a turtle stuck on its back so I assumed that was the "problem" you were referencing.
B) No matter how much you try to justify it. One and every sub-species of turtles CAN fit in their own shells regardless of how big or convex their shells are.
Technically a number of species can't, or at least not fully. Alligator snapping turtles for instance have such big heads that they can't retract fully, and sea turtles can't retract their limbs due to how long their fins are. But that's beside the point, since they don't have humanoid forms.
C) If you're gonna find a example at least do proper research... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are based after fresh water turtles, not land ones (and once again if a fresh water turtle can do that a sea turtle can also do it).
I'm aware of that, I meant that the way the shell of the TMT is incorporated into the humanoid form is different. In them its actually like a real turtle, whereas with the umi osho its just a shell stuck on her back. So while they just have to pull their head and limbs into the shell, the umi osho has to pull her main body in as well.
It's a design mistake, so what? Is it really so difficult to swallow that fact to the point that you're bent to defend what cannot be defended no matter what? Even the best make mistakes every now and then.
It simply occurred to me looking at the image that if the umi osho were drawn with a flat shell it would look like there was not enough room for her body to fit in it (unless the shell was overall drawn larger) and that this could have influenced the design choice. Perhaps I'm wrong, and regardless the design certainly is still that of a land tortoise and thus inaccurate, if it were me I would have made the shell more turtle-like while still being large enough for her to fit in, perhaps domed but with scutes more like a sea turtle.

I hope I've clarified my points, I never meant to say the design was realistic to a real turtle or to defend it as perfect.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

It simply occurred to me looking at the image that if the umi osho were drawn with a flat shell it would look like there was not enough room for her body to fit in it (unless the shell was overall drawn larger)
It shouldn't be any problem for it to actually fit in, in fact it should have been more sensible and viable since while her shell is not based after sea turtle her body actually is based after one (which makes the blunder even bigger since you can tell that shell was not designed for that body).

Perfect analogy of Umi Osho's anatomy

Other than that, well... suit yourself I guess.