Otohime

The Princess of the Sea

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Otohime

Post by Blake81 »

Otohime.png
Profile and Art Copyright Kenkou Cross @ http://kurobine.sakura.ne.jp/
Translated Profile Commissioned by Monster Girl Redux
Do not redistribute, modify, or re-host without the expressed written consent of Kenkou Cross.

Clean Image:
Spoiler: show
310_otohime_L.jpg
Japanese Profile:
f2db85ea34854ece15adafcf289c972e.jpg
Still can't believe how long ago I predicted this one....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Re: Otohime

Post by DogKama »

I'm loving how the designs are mostly getting better and not looking like recolors. For a noob like me, would anyone be able to tell me about the Otohime?

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Raet
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Reality Melder
Favorite Monster Type: Erumo, Bovi, Slime, Lamia

Post by Raet »

This one looks spectacular, I believe she is a sea horse.
ImageImage
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

DogKama wrote:I'm loving how the designs are mostly getting better and not looking like recolors. For a noob like me, would anyone be able to tell me about the Otohime?
She's basically the protagonist of the japanese version of the lil' mermaid, the original one, with tragedy and all.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Perentie »

Blake81 wrote:
DogKama wrote:I'm loving how the designs are mostly getting better and not looking like recolors. For a noob like me, would anyone be able to tell me about the Otohime?
She's basically the protagonist of the japanese version of the lil' mermaid, the original one, with tragedy and all.
Additionally, rather than just a mermaid princess she was a sea goddess/dragon princess.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Your Kiyohime evolved into Kingdra

Post by Kaijin »

Raet wrote:This one looks spectacular, I believe she is a sea horse.
Which Japanese media often tends to refer as a Dragon...

...according to Japan this is a dragon...

...mainly because the Japanese term for seahorse (Tatsu no otoshigo) literally would translate as "Dragon's bastard child"

Like I already said once, her design awfully reminds me of Fate Grand/Order's Kiyohime and Kingdra mashed together, which I actually prefer over other already existing designs/concepts of said character to be honest.
Time will tell how this one will turn out, but at least she's visually alluring and she has a solid reason for having this appearance... which is FAR WAY MORE than we can say about her massochistc underling.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
lv27_robothero
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Ally of Anon Jr. and time god

Post by lv27_robothero »

Sea dragons are real animals though. That bottom pokemon (Dont want to freaking spell its name right now) is based on the Leafy Seadragon, and seeing how sea dragons are related to sea horses it makes enough sense for me that sea horse tend to be dragons.
My wives
Yuri the Ryu ,Sally the Wurm, Lisa the Dragon, Asterius the Minotaur, Freya the Valkyrie, and Teffy the Pharaoh
My Children
Kira the Holy Dragon, from Lisa.
Meiling the Ryu, from Yuri.
Bath Kol the Valkyrie From Freya
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Wow....yea..umm

Don't read this if you don't like negative feedback about her.
Wow, she's so...ugly. That body is so...ick. Nice to know the myth though, never heard of it. Being a fan of mermaids, I'm very very disappointed with this one, especially after seeing how great the older mermaids were. :(
Vendettadabeast
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: THE BEASTLY REBEL
Favorite Monster Type: The,Naughty,Bad and Lustful

Post by Vendettadabeast »

Sea dragons huh nice, bod on her.
We won't, surrender, nor will we bow down.

We refuse to follow your lead, and accept your orders.

Nor will we obey your rules, and do things your way.

We we will fight for our cause, and die for it with no regrets.

REBEL
lv27_robothero
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Ally of Anon Jr. and time god

Post by lv27_robothero »

Her profile is out on MGR.
My wives
Yuri the Ryu ,Sally the Wurm, Lisa the Dragon, Asterius the Minotaur, Freya the Valkyrie, and Teffy the Pharaoh
My Children
Kira the Holy Dragon, from Lisa.
Meiling the Ryu, from Yuri.
Bath Kol the Valkyrie From Freya
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Dragon Dancing all night long

Post by Kaijin »

I don't know what to tell you... But I find her her closer to Selkies than to the Lil' Mermaid to be honest.
Tragedy or not, she just abandoned her husband and child to paddle her way back to the ocean... like Selkies did in the worst case scenario.

Well... Nevermind that, time to focus on the profile now that I can understand what it says.

First thing to mention is that he did the exact same thing previously done with other entries like Titania, Medusa, Echidna... naming a whole race after just individual... I guess that you just can say that said "race name" is more like a title inherited from the original/founding member (since it's safe to assume than most of those cases were a single entity rather than a race before the blight happened), but it feels like I'm giving it a million times more thought to this than the author himself...

It's also worth mentioning that is kind of disappointing that she didn't get any supplementary/extra art (even her underling got one for crying out loud) ^^U

Visually/design wise I like what I see... a lot, it's pleasant looking, alluring and compared to other designs of the same character in other media is actually rather a clever and original concept. For the first time in months I actually can honestly commend the guy in something... which is way beyond rare.

However this one feels like Titania in a sense that she doesn't feel regal at all... It's almost as if the status of royalty didn't seem fitting on them...AT ALL (the same goes for Titania too, I even mentioned back when her translation got released).
When I imagine Otohime the first thing it comes to my mind is a dignified and refined regent with archaic speech patterns ("Warawa", "Kisama" and the like) and mannerisms... not a selfish, and carefree lass who's more worried in partying hard all night long and spinning right round like a record than ruling her kingdom... err... sorry... summer resort effectively.
The same goes for her affection's targets, I kinda imagine Otohime rewarding kindness instead of just choosing the fellow with the most over the top reactions, the loudest moans or the most frantic hip thrust ratio.

I can't say it's bad... But I find it unfitting for this particular entry.

At the very least I can say that I kinda look forward to see more fanart and rule 34 of her (since there is literally none yet) and I also find kinda funny that there's literally no way out of "Dragon Complex", even if you get out... you'll end up coming back to it.

Ryugujo in a nutshell

.P.S.: It would have been hilarious if Otohime would actually make her husband to both sire and bear her children (lower body of a sea horse after all) XD
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

First post updated with translated profile!
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE