Atlach Nacha

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Raet
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Reality Melder
Favorite Monster Type: Erumo, Bovi, Slime, Lamia

Re: Atlach Nacha

Post by Raet »

Egh! The art is really good, but I don't like a bit of the profile, I wouldn't want to turn into a spider or corrupt my land.
ImageImage
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

(depending on just how bad the mindflayers mind-eating actually is of course, KC's notes indicate they and other chaos girls are a lot more "normal" than the Wandering Scholar thinks).
Yeah... Losing all your rational thoughts (and pretty much everything inside your head along with it) is an incredibly common occurence nowadays, as it's something that can happen every day... Everyone knows that...duh...^^U
On that note I don't think they live in another dimension, but rather deep underground/in caves like the mindflayers.
Then riddle me this: Why do they keep weaving? What's the point of weaving a web to bond MGE's realm with their very own dimension if there's no dimension to begin with? They're chaotic monstrosities not mole people (or potatoes).

So my thoughts on that matter are: "Get into the bag, Nebby"
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Raet wrote:Egh! The art is really good, but I don't like a bit of the profile, I wouldn't want to turn into a spider or corrupt my land.
Yeah as always I agree Ken has some really good art but the profiles are just way way too dark for my liking. He doesn't strike a very good balance in them either, like he used to. Okayado ftw.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:Yeah... Losing all your rational thoughts (and pretty much everything inside your head along with it) is an incredibly common occurence nowadays, as it's something that can happen every day... Everyone knows that...duh...^^U
Which is why I distinguished what the Wandering Scholar interprets from what KC says mindflayers are like. KC stated he wrote the mindflayer profile with the intention of making them seem offputting/alien, etc. because they are meant to be mysterious beings even in their own setting. Thus the scholar doesn't know the men can return to human form whenever they want (and have the rationality to do so), that they have sex like that in public because they are shy about being seen having sex with a man who is in human form, that they have morals about how they use their powers (i.e. they wouldn't make someone forget their lover), that they get along well with normal monsters despite not serving the Mamono Lord, that they can work as marriage counselors or fantasy enablers thanks to their mental abilities, etc.
Then riddle me this: Why do they keep weaving? What's the point of weaving a web to bond MGE's realm with their very own dimension if there's no dimension to begin with? They're chaotic monstrosities not mole people (or potatoes).
Because the profile never says that is why they are weaving and refers to where they live as being deep underground, just as mindflayers also have societies deep underground. The atlach-nacha of lore wove a web to bond dimensions, KC's version does it to create a magic circle to transform the land above it. Dimensions are never mentioned or implied in the profile as far as I can tell, and indeed none of the chaos-related monsters or even the chaos monsters themselves so far are stated to live in another dimension (the chaos monsters themselves live deep in the sea where they have been sealed away).
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Which is why I distinguished what the Wandering Scholar interprets from what KC says mindflayers are like. KC stated he wrote the mindflayer profile with the intention of making them seem offputting/alien, etc. because they are meant to be mysterious beings even in their own setting. Thus the scholar doesn't know the men can return to human form whenever they want (and have the rationality to do so), that they have sex like that in public because they are shy about being seen having sex with a man who is in human form, that they have morals about how they use their powers (i.e. they wouldn't make someone forget their lover), that they get along well with normal monsters despite not serving the Mamono Lord, that they can work as marriage counselors or fantasy enablers thanks to their mental abilities, etc.
Not this again... I almost suffered three ulcers trying to defend myself against the extremely biased and forceful reeducation I had to go through in the Mindflayer thread just for "apparently oh so horrible sin" of not liking them... And you have the nerve to bring this biased propaganda up again? Whatever have I done to you? (Also for the record I still consider it BS of the highest caliber and Illithid's attempts at "morality" both twisted (and beyond repair I might add) and hypocritical).

.P.S.: As for the second half... All right, all right... They're potatoes...
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

For the record, I don't like mindflayers all that much either (they're more or less meh to me), I just am obsessed with accuracy and trying to make sure all the information out there is noted/made available when judging anything. :)
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Honestly I can't (nor won't) believe any single word you just said, as it's pretty much impossible to defend something so adamantly if you don't even like it to begin with.

However your relentless chase in the field of "accuracy" has taught me a valuable lesson and smashed my beliefs completely as I've always thought that everything has redeeming traits...
...Then again you managed to prove that what I considered to be this entry's very few redeeming graces weren't there, there've never been there and they were most likely a self imposed suggestion of mine in an attempt to make it more bearable even if it was only a measly 0,01%.

For that you have my most utmost and heartfelt gratitude.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

In the world chat in an mmo I was playing last night called Archeage, I saw guys attempting to profile "all women are like this...". Then thought of these MGE profiles, and of course remembered again- not everyone can be profiled into the same profile.

Criminal Minds is an interesting show about profiles. They do tend to group certain habits to find patterns and stuff, but it isn't always right until they decide actually get personal. There's a funny idea for a parody, Monster Minds. Foolish humans trying to profile monster girls and believing what they want to believe, only to fail time and time again..since every one of them is unique.

But wait, this is MGE, everything is Always Corruptible or I Want Sexy Rape because reasons and KC said so.
SchwaWarrior
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Beautiful Life
Favorite Monster Type: Plant Mamono, esp. Alraune

Post by SchwaWarrior »

I love the spider girl in this one, mostly because she is so wildly different from anything you would normally find in monstergirl societies in this setting.

I equate her relationship with the potential husband as one of the oddest courtship rituals I've ever seen among MGE monstergirls. I'd like to imagine that deep down, even during her irate state while she is "venomizing" the human male, a part of her is also anticipating what's about to happen. I imagine a face full of a combination of rage and a cry for help, as if the rage is trying to give way to something sweeter, and she grabs the man's wrist and digs into his skin with her little nails while berating him, like her actions are both at once saying "get this over with" and "please don't leave me".

I think that among all monstergirls, this one might be the #1 candidate for "monstergirl desperate to be set free/rescued".
Criminal Minds is an interesting show about profiles. They do tend to group certain habits to find patterns and stuff, but it isn't always right until they decide actually get personal. There's a funny idea for a parody, Monster Minds. Foolish humans trying to profile monster girls and believing what they want to believe, only to fail time and time again..since every one of them is unique.
In nearly every single one of my MGE fantasies, this is more or less the plot. I absolutely adore the "Order soldier x Mamono" pairing, well above all other conceivable pairings inside this world. I love the idea of the stubborn soldier slowly having to let go of his bias as he is shown how monster society really is, until eventually he understands that he loves the monstergirl who took him in after all, even when offered "the chance to go back" he ends up saying no and staying with her. I even enjoy some of the more tragic implications-- maybe the Order solider does try and return to the church but when he gets there he is branded a traitor and they try to slay him, and then his monstergirl "wife" comes to rescue him. They get back to her village and he breaks down in grief over having no place to return home to, and the wife shares in his sadness and comforts him, feeling some guilt and responsibility over what happened, though this incident does help him move on from humans a little quicker.

I love it when humans and monstergirls forge bonds and overcome their cultural barriers, and I enjoy the scenarios of the struggles that ensue from doing so. Atlach Nacha is teeming with those emotions, and that is probably why I'm not turned away from her to any degree.

I definitely don't condone the use of fire on her. Why burn or harm that delicate, petite face and body when you could instead cup her cheeks in your hands, and douse her own, unstable pyres with your own sweet, cooling words and touches?

Even being turned into a giant spider (especially since it's reversible) is not really any bigger a deal than being a permanent resident inside a giant, cozy flower bulb or tree and passionately milked nonstop, as is the case in the Alarune or Dryad scenarios. It's actually fascinating to imagine the change of the enormous, scythe-like legs burst out from the back of my spine and unfold, or my body swell into that of a gargantuan bulbous beast, all the while continuously violating and pouring essence inside the little girl to the extent that my own change goes fully unnoticed-- a true out-of-body sexual experience. By the time I cool down and realize what's happened, all I can really feel that's familiar is my new wife's warmth at the spots we're connected together, and I cling to her tighter, overcome by an instinctual fear of the unknown and seeking more comfort, which she is willing to give as she embraces me in earnest for the first time, finally stable, telling me devilishly how cute I look like this while patting the disjointed plates on my face with a motherly look...
--Schwa
"Love what is, don't hate what isn't."

I want to love Monster Girls forever, and coexist in a beautiful demon-realm earth without war or judgement.
I will spread warmth and cheer, celebrating the fulfilling pleasure of human/monster coitus, marriage and life.
I will support my beloved Demon Lord and work to make Her dream real-- Her dream is my dream.
This is my manifesto! Cheers to a future filled with love!
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Quite a nice write up, Schwa. It was quite a nice read. Tasteful and nicely written.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I definitely don't condone the use of fire on her.
Neither do I, why would I consider risking myself to be at range of her chelicerae when I can deal with that issue from afar? Twenty years playing Pokémon have taught that when dealing with spiders throwing rocks at them is a better measure (sure, it's a lot less accurate but it's also safer).

Other than that... Regardless if I can share that sentiment or not I have to reckon it's a nice wall of text, so an "A" for effort and a well deserved pat in the back are pretty much in order for you. ^^
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Feathers wrote:In the world chat in an mmo I was playing last night called Archeage, I saw guys attempting to profile "all women are like this...". Then thought of these MGE profiles, and of course remembered again- not everyone can be profiled into the same profile.

But isn't it true that RPG bestiaries have been profiling for decades (and include many sapient races in them) and a sexy version of them is pretty much what the MGE is supposed to be? It'd get a bit repetitive to say in most every profile "this text does not apply to every individual of this type of monster" (not that that is what you are necessarily asking for). I certainly agree it is unfortunately a restrictive format.

And for the record, KC has said the profiles are supposed to be generalizations, but has also given a justification that thanks to how instinctual many monster races are (and how many were not even sapient before the current Mamono Lord came to power) their dispositions are for many types less varied than humans (and notably humans who transform into a given race of monster are less restricted to that race's behaviors and dispositions than are those who are born as monsters of that race).

On that note I find it relevant to mention that KC mentioned in a Q and A that once incubi start to be born to monster girls the results may in time produce some surprising changes in various monster girl races. Namely that monster children they father could have behavior traits of the incubus's own monster girl mother, resulting in possibilities like a easygoing, sleepy, devil or a weresheep with the ideology of the radical faction.
Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baphomet lover
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet.

Post by Animajunki123 »

I simply must note the fact that I absolutely loath spider type MG's. In this setting, they just happen to be a little too cruel for my tastes and I honestly dismiss most types out of hand due to the fact that I can pretty much see where their profiles tend to go.

But the Atlacha Nacha is a vast exception to this rule for me.

Not adding brownie points due to the fact that she's a loli, but this is one of the rare instances that I find myself entirely enthralled with an MG outside of the Baphomet. The Atlacha has managed to put a biting and mean spirited girl into the optimal position of love and sweet tenderness via showing that not everything in life is all bad, even if it does constitute having to rape her silly as a Giant spider (which is reversible by far). Yes, I find her to be quite sweet and charming inside of her chitinous and prickly exterior, just a little girl looking to be filled with love... even if it comes in a unique way.

-w-
SchwaWarrior
Magician
Magician

Post by SchwaWarrior »

@Animajunki123 You know that it's completely feasible to have a standard Arachne in MGE that is a plucky loli, unlike the art depiction, I hope?

Either way, MGE is designed to favor your perfect human/mamono scenario, and I also believe personally that Demonic Energy (still calling it that :p I don't do political correctness) is an in-world force that steers people towards happy endings-- so, even in-world, you as a character would be more likely fated to circumstantially meet with a Baphomet or a loli if that is what you love most, and less likely to meet with a species that really irks you and that you couldn't imagine loving.

Least, that's my interpretation of it. If anyone still wonders why such a sheer number of Order soldiers are so quick to switch sides, even the zealous ones, it's probably because they frequently become paired with their perfect match by chance-encounter, even before they realize she's perfect for them.

I'm somewhat going off-topic with this, though, I'd apply my logic to Atlach just as I would any of the mamono; MGE is not a grimdark setting, so for whomever meets the Atlach and gives in and becomes a giant sex-spider with her, in my mind it is definitely a meant-to-be encounter, and they'll be living out their days filled with their own form of happiness.
--Schwa

I want to love Monster Girls forever, and coexist in a beautiful demon-realm earth without war or judgement.
I will spread warmth and cheer, celebrating the fulfilling pleasure of human/monster coitus, marriage and life.
I will support my beloved Demon Lord and work to make Her dream real-- Her dream is my dream.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I hate spiders, but thanks to Okayado I have a fondess of them as friends only. My gripe with MGE is they don't seem to care about friendships, just husbands. Because ya all may/not know, my MGE self married to a Siren named Alouette and we live happily as a childfree couple! :D
SchwaWarrior
Magician
Magician

Post by SchwaWarrior »

It'd be impossible for me to forget you or how tuned you are to the winds and to the Harpy people, Feathers. ♥♥ From the very first day I met you online, you've been truer to the winged, taloned maidens than anyone I've ever met, and not a thing about that has changed in all this time. I admire you for it. You whole-heartedly appreciate both the exhilaration of soaring above the clouds at top speed, and the wonderful, soul-grounding healing sensation of a coat of down, a heartbeat and a blanketing feathery embrace to sleep nestled inside of each night. I think of those things whenever I think of you.
My gripe with MGE is they don't seem to care about friendships, just husbands.
I can't see this as being true at all. Mamono in MGE are way too social creatures for them not to care about friendships, either with other, married humans or with other Mamono. Their "thirst" for a husband of course is what motivates them and directs their lives above all other things, but I don't think that always comes at the expense of having friendships and other relationships present in their lives.

The exceptions might be the more shut-in mamono species, but even then it depends on the individual, which none of the MGE profiles can gauge for us. KC leaves it to us to imagine the possibilities in this ever-growing world that he only jump-started.
--Schwa

Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I hate spiders, but thanks to Okayado I have a fondess of them as friends only. My gripe with MGE is they don't seem to care about friendships, just husbands.
As much as I love to vent my spleen on Kenkou... It's time to be relatively lenient on him... for once.
Let's not forget that this setting is in the end nothing much that the premise for a thin book so any kind of development that does not unfold into "H" is pretty much not worth be included on it.

On the other hand Okayado doesn't have that problem and thus he's more free to develop his characters and his setting in almost any way he pleases (not to mention that he's actually dexterous at that...just saying) and that makes a huge difference as you can see once you check his works out.
Jack
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Jack »

Interesting, especially the part of the webbign they create ventually turning an entire region into a Realm. Wonder what can come from that...
"Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true." ~Robert Brault

And MOST IMPORTANTLY:

"Love is efortless. Hate takes energy, focus, and cuts off years of your life." ~Uncle Sensei, DIVE KICK