Zombie dragon

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Zombie dragon

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:As for the rest, well... I never cared nor never asked... But I guess people will find it informative though... So thanks for the free and intrusive schooling...I guess...¬¬
Because providing information relevant to something a user said on a discussion forum is intrusive? Its usually better to know than to not know I say.
(however I might add that I'm not fond of what her footnote says, as it makes quite the Mary Sue-ish entry... She's able to mass produce royalty?)
Wights are the natural result of undead monsterization of "superior" individuals like heroes, which would be among those that could threaten the husband of a dragon zombie. Thus they are listed alongside normal zombies in the forms that monsterization of humans exposed to her breath weapon can take, I don't think its implying they can turn anyone into wights who wouldn't become wights anyway if monsterized by the atmosphere or other means.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Because providing information relevant to something a user said on a discussion forum is intrusive?
If that's the case answer to the person who made the question, you just quoted my content when I never asked you anything nor I interacted with you at all to begin with.
Wights are the natural result of undead monsterization of "superior" individuals like heroes, which would be among those that could threaten the husband of a dragon zombie. Thus they are listed alongside normal zombies in the forms that monsterization of humans exposed to her breath weapon can take, I don't think its implying they can turn anyone into wights who wouldn't become wights anyway if monsterized by the atmosphere or other means.
Nice copy-paste you've made there (I've read the exact paragraph in that other site), and before you tread into the "education" path any longer... Allow me to remind you the fact that I DO KNOW WHAT A WIGHT IS TO BEGIN WITH.
Also the profile states that they can turn women into Wights, and unless Kenkou himself states otherwise I'm still inclined to believe that Zombie Dragons can mass produce Wights at ease with the attack they learned on Final Fantasy IX.

Can a doll be affected by a rotten breath?

.P.S.:
Well when we consider that we want to be as accurate as we can with the profiles, calling the MG by what KC has actually named them should be the way we want to go. In this case, Dragon Zombie is accurate, especially since she is listed as both in the Dragon's book profile and list as such in the Dragon Zombie's profile.
Taking into consideration what both the footnote and the extended footnote (aka this "profile") stated, is inaccurate as Dragon Zombie is actually the polar opposite of what the author actually implies with his written works as it has been discussed here and Firedragon proved with a very logical explanation.
Also don't try to sell me the whole "we go with the author's spiel" when some entries' names have been changed at the translation for less reason than this very one (like the Wyrm/Wurm (depending on the translation) that changed from the original "Worm" for no reason).

It's that how you guys like to roll... Well, suit yourselves I guess, but regardless of what author says the ones who truly took accuracy into consideration were us as we took into consideration the author's intentions rather than some common misconception in Japanese media that has been around for more than 2 friggin' decades.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

And here I was thinking the name dispute is almost on par with North Americans and Europeans being confused with the sport "Football"...
================================================================

I do agree though that the profile is another run of the mill type MG with wasted potential. A wanton sex drone, whether by force or not.
Spoiler: show
Plus necrophilia isn't my cup of tea, even though she's reanimated with a one-track mind and an hourglass body
I guess I'll have to wait for the next profile and hope there's better flavour than this.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:If that's the case answer to the person who made the question, you just quoted my content when I never asked you anything nor I interacted with you at all to begin with.
Its a discussion forum, one doesn't have to be asking a question for another user to comment on what is said (at least as long as it is relevant to the discussion).
Nice copy-paste you've made there (I've read the exact paragraph in that other site), and before you tread into the "education" path any longer... Allow me to remind you the fact that I DO KNOW WHAT A WIGHT IS TO BEGIN WITH.
Also the profile states that they can turn women into Wights, and unless Kenkou himself states otherwise I'm still inclined to believe that Zombie Dragons can mass produce Wights at ease with the attack they learned on Final Fantasy IX.
And its been stated that to become a wight takes either a special person being monsterized or a lot of time for someone who is already a zombie (to the point that it is rare enough that the wight profile only refers to the event as a "it is said" sort of thing), so why take a line listing the things that can result from the breath weapon, take one monster named in it, and claim that it means a bunch of that particular monster will be made?

After all, if they mass produce wights then why also mention "zombies" and say "etc." Heck even lilims can't turn just anyone into high tier monsters. One consistent thing about KC's writing is that when it comes to special/higher races monsterization is heavily dependent on the woman being monsterized having the correct nature/ability already.
Also don't try to sell me the whole "we go with the author's spiel" when some entries' names have been changed at the translation for less reason than this very one (like the Wyrm/Wurm (depending on the translation) that changed from the original "Worm" for no reason).
We weren't in contact with KC back then so we don't know why that particular English spelling changed, but that it changed quickly suggests that after he put her profile online KC was simply informed by someone that in English "worm" these days typically gets used for actual animals rather than earth dragons.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

but that it changed quickly suggests that after he put her profile online KC was simply informed by someone that in English "worm" these days typically gets used for actual animals rather than earth dragons.
Worm is still a valid way of referring to that particular kind of serpents, as valid as either Wyrm or Wurm as a matter of fact. So the change was merely cosmetic and there was not a solid reason behind to make it... Unlike this case, where the naming choice clearly clashes with what the author was supposedly trying to say with this entry.

But like I said... Hey suit yourselves...

.P.S.: As for the rest...
Its a discussion forum, one doesn't have to be asking a question for another user to comment on what is said (at least as long as it is relevant to the discussion).
I should definitely say something about this one... As you pretty much trampled what I said in order to answer a question... for no reason... But truth to be told... there would be no point in going any further, so thanks for giving me "relevance" I guess.

And last but not least... Even if they don't have the ability to mass produce Wights (which then again, I'm inclined to believe they can... until the author states otherwise), the ability to produce them is still something to be feared and something to place them right into the Mary Sue tier as:

1) Wights are supposed to be exceptionally rare (as they're born from extremely exceptional individuals like royalty, nobility, heroines and the like).
2) Even if they can "evolve" from Zombies, it would take an abnormally long while to trigger that change... decades... if lucky.

So if there is a monster out there that can produce Wights even if it's just a rare and sporadical phenomenon, it's definitely something that doesn't change my reaction (the one you've been trying to rectify for quite a few posts) and it still make claims both valid and reasonable... regardless of what you think and what you feel about them.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Post by Helios Leinheart »

People are being passionate in their opinions again.
Firedragon
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Master of Dragons

Post by Firedragon »

Yeah, now if they were only actually arguing about the merits (or lack thereof) of the Dragon Zombie... ;)

Anyway, I agree that she's a bit... bland... I think I'll stick with the "normal" Dragon (and the Baphomet...) instead...
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

People are being passionate in their opinions again.
I didn't get that memo, next time I guess I'll roll over and expose my tummy if someone decides to disregard/disrespect my opinion and indoctrinate me for the sin of being different than his/hers.

*sigh*
I miss dragonstryke, he would have deleted 95% of my content from the moment "the professor" stepped into the thread most likely... But at the very least I wouldn't have to become "passionate" about the fact of having my opinion respected (which is a basic right ever user has... or at the very least should have).
Yeah, now if they were only actually arguing about the merits (or lack thereof) of the Dragon Zombie...
If it's of any consolation to you... I tried...originally...x_X

Although it's also true that Kenkou hasn't given us that much to discuss about this time around... I know that this profile is a stretched out footnote and all that, but dang, at least give us something that truly justifies the level up that is going from footnote to bona fide profile (other than a well preserved pretty face that is).
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Post by Helios Leinheart »

Was just a joke Kaijin. Ya'll can do your thing of course. I just can't muster the interest to have heated debates about the MGE anymore.
Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baphomet lover
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet.

Post by Animajunki123 »

so pretty much a dragon without it's hard steely pride.

Don't know how to think about it considering one of the dragons big selling points to me was the ability to turn the haughty creature into a 'female lizard' via act of being uber pwnsome.

Pretty much the dragon without the effort.