Ochimusha

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: Ochimusha

Post by Kaijin »

It's definitely one of the most misleading naming choices in the whole encyclopaedia (probably to the point of potentially being tied with the White Stag on that regard), there's nothing in the whole profile that can relate them to the ochimusa themselves... other than being samurais that is.

Also...
The name Ochimusha doesn't need to refer to the origin but could be a play on the words "ochi" from "ochiru" which means "fallen" and "musha" which is a "martial person". So essentially Kenkou just named her a "fallen martial person" probably to imply that she's a samurai that has "fallen" into depravity and lust after becoming an undead.
I fail to see that point too as they pretty much fail to fall into depravity (it's actually the opposite, with their love and devotion being one of the purest of the whole setting by far and all that jazz).

The profile itself... Well, it's not bad, one of the most elaborated entries we've had recently and the art (like almost always) is simply stunning... But it still baffles me that naming choice.... It's not faithful to the figure he's trying to allude, it doesn't use the name to symbolize anything in particular nor it seems like he's trying to get a quick laugh of his limited fanbase (like he did with the poor eelmaid).
I guess he just needed a "cool Japanese sounding name" for an undead swordswoman name and it was pretty much the first thing it came to his head...^^U
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Kaijin wrote:Also...
The name Ochimusha doesn't need to refer to the origin but could be a play on the words "ochi" from "ochiru" which means "fallen" and "musha" which is a "martial person". So essentially Kenkou just named her a "fallen martial person" probably to imply that she's a samurai that has "fallen" into depravity and lust after becoming an undead.
I fail to see that point too as they pretty much fail to fall into depravity (it's actually the opposite, with their love and devotion being one of the purest of the whole setting by far and all that jazz).
Seeing as I made that post before the profile was translated, it was a mere speculation on what the name could possibly mean.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Popeatine
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: Jinko, Minotaur, Wurm

Post by Popeatine »

She is too perfect :nosebleed: :love:

My #1 favourite.
Favorite Monster Girls: Monster Girls that are muscular and know how to kick asses.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Perentie »

dragonstryke58 wrote:The name Ochimusha doesn't need to refer to the origin but could be a play on the words "ochi" from "ochiru" which means "fallen" and "musha" which is a "martial person". So essentially Kenkou just named her a "fallen martial person" probably to imply that she's a samurai that has "fallen" into depravity and lust after becoming an undead.
Even though they don't fall into depravity, your idea still works I think. That is many of them no doubt died by "falling" in battle.
TheShadoek wrote:I do not get the reason why however, the Ochimusha can decide to act for this faction, seeing that this will not ever help them bear sons and will make things worse for absolutely everyone. My guess is that there's a flanderized antagonist individual leading this group of radicals, making them think that things will change if they transform Zipangu in a land of monsters.
I would assume the reasoning would be twofold:

1. Increasing the number of monsters (and thus the power of the Overlord) moves the world closer to the point where monsters will be able to bear sons.

2. Making every female in a given area into a monster creates a society that has no choice but to allow for female heirs, and likely turns it into a mamono realm where women would be changed into monsters even if they tried bringing in humans from outside. I should note that previous material has referenced that mamono realms do exist in parts of Zipangu, though notably they are all apparently of the bright green realm variety.

So it works out for the ochimusa both in the short and long term.