Tritonia

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Tritonia

Post by Blake81 »

Tritonia.png
Profile and Art Copyright Kenkou Cross @ http://kurobine.sakura.ne.jp/
Translated Profile Commissioned by Monster Girl Redux
Do not redistribute, modify, or re-host without the expressed written consent of Kenkou Cross.

Japanese Profile:
Spoiler: show
0e717f7b6e6822f6ffbb7ad22bf40110.jpg
Clean Image:
Spoiler: show
332_tritonia_L.jpg
Looks like we got another slug girl, first once since the Giant Slug in days of yore....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Untouchable beauty?

Post by Kaijin »

What a letdown...

When I saw the word "Triton" I though we finally would get another amphibian based girl (Tritón (pronounced as tree-tohn) is Spanish for "Newt"), but in the end we got a nudibranch girl...
While I admit that it's far from being a bad concept (actually it's quite cool one) since the moment I saw the "Not so Mucus Toad" implemented I looked forward to seeing a newt girl, or an axolotl girl or a caecilian girl... But oh well... that's just my right desserts for expecting something out of this setting for once

Anyway... The design is quite nice (and familiar too... as it reminds of a particular series I happen to know quite in depth) and hopefully the entry itself will complement such lovely design.

.P.S.:
I wonder if Kenkou has been playing Disgaea lately...
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Tritonia

Post by Flare »

Can certainly see the nudibranch/Sea Hare influance...
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
L337 m4n
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lord Shadow
Favorite Monster Type: Imps and kunoichi

Post by L337 m4n »

We have a slug! Wonder what abilities she'll have.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Kaijin always posts the monster girl who is cuter.
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Kuudere and One-eyed lover
Favorite Monster Type: Gazer, Golem, Cyclops, Chochin

Post by TheShadoek »

Those are some short arms. Really short arms.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

Pretty slug. Oddly enough it reminds me of an scp that's a sea slug that looks like that. Speaking in a refined accent
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

L337 m4n wrote:We have a slug! Wonder what abilities she'll have.
If the actual animal can be used as a reference then we can assume that it's pretty much meant to be poisonous (and extremely so).
(It should also be a hermaphroditic creature since all Nudibranchs are hermaphrodites... But at this point all of us should know that it will never happen in this scenario, specially after taking into consideration how many chances he had to implement it in this setting before).
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

charonia-tritonis.jpg
When referencing mollusks, tritons are actually the common name of a genus of sea snail (Charonia). The Charonia is what gives us such spectacularly amazing sea shells like the Triton's Conch. The Charonia are active predators that hunt prey, and are known to even hunt the Crown-of-Thorns starfish. Charonias are not hermaphroditic and do have separate sexes.

So if KC intended for the Triton to be a reference to the sea snails of the Charonia genus, it's might be more of an art fail.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Perentie »

dragonstryke58 wrote:So if KC intended for the Triton to be a reference to the sea snails of the Charonia genus, it's might be more of an art fail.
Seems more likely he was going for the nudibranchs of the genus Tritonia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritonia_(gastropod)

Oh, and she's been translated. :info:
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Translated profile is up on the first post.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Flashy Blandness

Post by Kaijin »

Perentie wrote:
dragonstryke58 wrote:So if KC intended for the Triton to be a reference to the sea snails of the Charonia genus, it's might be more of an art fail.
Seems more likely he was trying to go for the nudibranchs of the genus Tritonia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritonia_(gastropod)
Fixed.

Saying that the author was going for the Nudibranchs... is a bit of an understatement actually...
It would be more accurate to just say that he was aiming to replicate the Nudibranch look, since it's pretty much the only thing it does.

Despite not being what I had in mind when I saw the profile for the first time (as I mentioned before I was expecting an amphibian lass), I was kinda looking forward to seeing what this one had in store and I was midly interested in seeing how much accuracy this one had when compared to the original creature (We already knew that the hermaphroditism was definitely a big no-no since futanari seems to be as terrifying to Kenkou as syringes/injections are to Son Gokuh... But still there were quite a few of things to choose from the original).

The result was actually quite disappointing... The looks are fitting to the original source and pretty alluring to boot (I gotta hand it to him), but that's pretty much it... No mention of their venomous bodies (pretty much it was their trade-off for not having shells) and while I usually welcome sweet, gentle and loving gals with open arms I imagined she would be... more feisty/vicious taking into consideration the actual animal since it can be quite ruthless (an on/off switch of some sorts or a double faced nature a la Jorougumo would have worked wonders on this one...).

The most remarkable thing about this lass is... that she has zero control over the tentacles on its back...

[youtube]XSNsERJl1OE[/youtube]
Tritonia's tentacles in a nutshell

...which rather than finding it interesting I find it... quite silly (I guess it could have been better or more interesting if they were to be covered in more depth... but oh well...^^U).

I don't say it's a bad one... But I can't say it's a good one either... It's just another case of yet another pretty cover with a bland and boring "lore" (I wonder if I should be calling her "Tristonia" from now on).
Now seriously, I really appreciate the gesture... it's nice (yet extremely odd) to see some praise aimed at me around these corners.