Bunyip

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baphomet lover
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet.

Bunyip

Post by Animajunki123 »

Bunyip.png
Profile and Art Copyright Kenkou Cross @ http://kurobine.sakura.ne.jp/
Translated Profile Commissioned by Monster Girl Redux
Do not redistribute, modify, or re-host without the expressed written consent of Kenkou Cross.

Japanese Profile:
Spoiler: show
bunyip.jpg
Clean Image:
340_bunyip_L.jpg
Floffy snek!

+W+

Do want
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Re: Bunyip

Post by Pokemonaces »

Huh...how interesting...never thought of a fluff ball snek design. Regardless she looks so warm and soft.

from strictly appearance wise, she seems tamer and maybe even meek compared to other lamia's, can't wait for the translation
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Severontous
Moon
Moon
Official Title: Resident U.S. Army Veteran
Personal Title: Ever tired man
Favorite Monster Type: Dangerous 1 nobody else wants.

Post by Severontous »

It took me awhile to notice her claws, that's a lot of floof.
I am the bone of my HitBox
Sanwa is my body and Salt is my blood
I have wiffed over a thousand DPs
Unknown to SRK, Nor known to the FGC
Have withstood pain to create many combos
Yet, those combos will never hit anything
So as I pray, INFERNO DIVIDER
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

Well, not the first fluffy snake being that I've seen.... but right up there with the fluffiest.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Fluff?

Snake?

SHY?!?!?

HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!! *falls to the floor while Bunyip looks over me confused*
Last edited by Creator_Drake on Wed May 16, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

TOUCH FLUFFY TAIL!

Also, abdomen issues make it seem like she has four boobs.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Well damn, this is unexpected, and highly visually stunning. I love both fluff and scales, so now I have the best of both worlds.

Still, I am fully ignorant of this MG's myth origins, I really have no idea of what to expect. (Although... than thing on her chest... is that the Majora Mask!?)
Raet
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Reality Melder
Favorite Monster Type: Erumo, Bovi, Slime, Lamia

Post by Raet »

I'm sorry, she doesn't in any way resemble a bunyip. For a start bunyip are not serpentine. They have legs and a tail
The bunyip is a large mythical creature from Australian Aboriginal mythology, said to lurk in swamps, billabongs, creeks, riverbeds, and waterholes.
It lives in the swamps, billabongs, creeks, riverbeds and waterholes of Australia. Bunyip in the Wemba-Wemba language means "devil" or "Evil spirit". the Bunyip has many descriptions. Some say it has a dog-like face, dark fur, a horse-like tail, flippers, walrus-like tusks, and a duck-like bill.
EDIT okay, I was wrong, it says one description described it as looking like a snake with a man's body and beard
ImageImage
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus

Post by Perentie »

Yeah that seems to be the theme of the mythological version of the bunyip, there are lots of contradicting descriptions, and some stories even claim nobody really knows what they look like because no one has survived a close look at one.
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Raet »

but the snake version seems to be mere hearsay 'Others think the creature has an appearance similar to a snake with a man and a beard'
ImageImage
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Quite the hairy misconception...

Post by Kaijin »

Mythology/Lorewise this creature has literally zero value behind... This creature has dozens of interpretations behind and NONE is actually based nor related to snakes whatsoever.
Bunyips are also considered aquatic creatures and this "thing" looks like it hasn't dipped her tail in water in decades.

I'm guessing that he needed a "cool sounding" name for a naga entry and instead of actually doing some research he just picked the first name he could find regardless if it was accurate or not (it's not the first time he's done this nor it will be the last as long as his fanbase considers it a strike of genius).

It's a tad too early to give an accurate opinion about this (faitfhulness to her original lore is already an instant miss), maybe she'll have a redeemable trait or two... Although considering how underwhelming was his previous serpentine entry my hopes on that are extremely low.

.P.S.: Since this basically is not a Bunyip, I'm calling her "Ophelia" from now on.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
SIERRA-116
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: MCPO Jason-116
Favorite Monster Type: Snakes, slimes, Alraunes, bugs
Location: Installation 05 "Green Zone" (Codename: Delta Halo GZ)

Post by SIERRA-116 »

The only thing that seems to be agreed upon about the Bunyip is that it's aquatic.

They're known for stealing children, eating them maybe.

This doesn't exactly scream 'aquatic monster' to me. But it's got brown skin, so... maybe that's something. But it's attire is... unusual. Seems really neat, ornate. Not something you'd expect an Australian Dreamtime/Myth creature to have.
To find him, you must forget the stories...

Forget the legends...

You have to do more than walk in his footsteps...

For he is more than the sum of his actions...

I tell you this, not because I trust you...

But because all our lives are at stake...

Because the seeds of our future... are sown in his past...
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Raet »

SIERRA-116 wrote: This doesn't exactly scream 'aquatic monster' to me. But it's got brown skin, so... maybe that's something. But it's attire is... unusual. Seems really neat, ornate. Not something you'd expect an Australian Dreamtime/Myth creature to have.
Same here Sierra, that's how it seems to me
ImageImage
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Bunyip's translated profile is up on MGR, I find her to be one of the most enjoyable profiles in a while, with a good mix of personality, behaviors and lore.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

First post has been updated with the translated profile!
KillMoves wrote: Also, abdomen issues make it seem like she has four boobs.
I thought this too...
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

dragonstryke58 wrote:I thought this too...
On that note KC did edit the shading on her abdomen, perhaps to reduce this perspective issue (compare her abdomen in the translated profile to the other pics here).
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

Can apprecate the fact that he even noted how there were a number of descriptors for a bunyip.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Mental Blandness

Post by Kaijin »

Well... This is pretty much in order...

[youtube]vE_7wqK4ou8[/youtube]
Time for some armour digivolution I guess

"Ophelia" here seems to have her roots in the Digital World

This "oh so precious" thing is Coatlmon, it's not based after a Bunyip (it's actually based after Quetzalcoatl) but let's be honest for a second here: (even if Perentie claims otherwise) Ophelia isn't based after it either.
The similiarities between Coatlmon and "Ophelia" are pretty obvious: colouration, disposition, "deadly" skill (as both beings' only trick seems to be coiling onto something), lack of relation to a Bunyip, etc, etc...

To make things even funnier Coatlmon evolves from yet another Greenworm.
If this is made on purpose... (which wouldn't surprise me after seeing how big of a role Wormmon had in Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory), it would actually be pretty clever as I can see plenty of connections personality wise with Wormmon's and some traits seen in other evolutionary stages like the already mentioned Coatlmon, Dinobeemon, GranKuwagamon or GrandisKuwagamon.

However... If it's only a coincidence... Then I gotta say that's one of the greatest letdowns I've seen in months so far...
It's mythologically inaccurate (to put it lightly), it's extremely bland and doesn't offer anything remotely new to the setting so far (other than being a fluffy naga), even visually wise isn't really that impressive (to me at the very least) this time around... not to mention to it doesn't seem fitting to an Australian lore entry nor to aquatic creature.

If I had to sum it up this entry I'd only need two words: SERPENTINE YETI (If you like the Yeti you don't have a solid reason to dislike this one since it's pretty much the same but with a different body shape).

.P.S.:
Can apprecate the fact that he even noted how there were a number of descriptors for a bunyip.
I'm positive that people would be more appreciative of this entry if it actually had something able to relate it to the original lore... This pretty much feels like a taunt.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Re: Mental Blandness

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:I'm positive that people would be more appreciative of this entry if it actually had something able to relate it to the original lore... This pretty much feels like a taunt.
What would be some examples of that? As far as I can see KC's bunyip relates to the original lore in the following ways:

1. Lives in/near water.
2. Has a quite large body
3. Is feared for fierce and ravenous behavior.
4. Is widely regarded as hard to identify/known for a number of different physical interpretations.

Beyond that there seems to be precious little that defines the bunyip of lore, at least in features that are agreed upon.

On another positive note, from everything I've been reading (on 4chan and various forums) I get the impression she's one of the most well-received KC girls in a while, for what she is if not what she's based on. She's already gotten a fair amount of fan art. Not saying you have to like her, but she does seem to be overall pretty appreciated.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Beyond that there seems to be precious little that defines the bunyip of lore, at least in features that are agreed upon.
Show me reliable source where IT DOES SAY that Bunyips are serpentine creatures and I'll believe you, rectify every one of my posts accordingly and even I'll publicly apologize (if necessary). However, if you are unable to do so... I'll have to ask you to cease your educative attempts, as I don't take them very kindly after having suffered them for more than a lustrum and in quite the array of forums too.

.P.S.:
On another positive note, from everything I've been reading (on 4chan and various forums) I get the impression she's one of the most well-received KC girls in a while, for what she is if not what she's based on. She's already gotten a fair amount of fan art. Not saying you have to like her, but she does seem to be overall pretty appreciated.
1. The fact that she's more bearable than other entries doesn't make her better by default.
2. The fact that she has quite the amount of fanart doesn't make it better either, there are quite a few of decent entries that have been undeservingly forgotten.
3. There's nothing specially innovative behind this entry, what she does has been done quite a few times in this setting before and it'll be done quite a few times after (its only redeeming trait is that she's a fluffy naga...because of yeah pretty much).
4. There's nothing to either like nor dislike (IMHO), she's just...there... perennially stuck in a middle ground territory: the "meh" zone.
5. What do I feel and/or think about this entry is not of your concern, if you must tell me something do it about the entry itself, not my viewpoint (otherwise you'll be reported).