Bunyip

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Bunyip

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:5. What do I feel and/or think about this entry is not of your concern, if you must tell me something do it about the entry itself, not my viewpoint (otherwise you'll be reported).
As far as I can tell I spoke about how I see the profile and my impression of how she's been received. I am not trying to force any opinion, just giving my thoughts and trying to support my point in comparison to your own. I don't see how any of this is deserving of threats.

As for evidence that the bunyip is sometimes seen as serpentine, I am not seeking an apology and I don't know how reliable it is considered but there is the entry for the "good hoop" in the "Giants, Monsters, and Dragons" book: https://books.google.com/books?id=GKrAC ... ne&f=false It states the good hoop is the Tasmanian term for the bunyip, and that it is seen as serpentine. The cryptid wiki mentions a serpent description too http://cryptidz.wikia.com/wiki/Bunyip, though it doesn't seem to reference a source so it may well not be reliable. Perhaps KC's "making of" info on the bunyip will explain his decision to make her serpentine in more detail.
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lv. 124 Dark Knight and Bard
Favorite Monster Type: Amazoness, Alp, Kunoichi,
Location: Royce, Capital of the Black Rose Republic (What once started an small inn grew into a nation)

Post by Kmon13 »

Wow, seeing images like this is making me look forward to the third Volume of Monster Girl Encyclopedia if is in the works?

The right to live free without fear of death should be granted and enjoyed by all beings Mamono, human, or Otherwise.

Least liked Mamono:Mamono who rape!

Tales of the Black Rose Inn...
Destined Paths Of Eden
Lilith Academy Chronicles
Monster Girl Apocalypse Journals
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Snaky scam

Post by Kaijin »

I am not trying to force any opinion, just giving my thoughts and trying to support my point in comparison to your own.
After going through the same painful and infuriating process over and over during the last few years, allow me to think otherwise... Also it wasn't a threat.

As for the rest... Sadly there won't be any apology coming your way I'm afraid, according to the Tasmanian Journal of Science a "Bunyip" skull was found in the banks of the Murrumbidgee River in New South Wales back in 1847, in the end (obviously) it wasn't a bunyip skull but that of a Diprotodon most likely (a prehistoric wombat basically speaking).
According to you the Bunyip and the "Good Hoop" of Tasmanian origin are basically the same entity, and thus the Bunyip would be regarded as a serpentine creature with a human head... Yet there was evidence that the very same region's population that you claim as proof was completely unable to tell the difference between a human skull and that of a wombat.
Either the Bunyip and the "Good Hoop" are different creatures (with a common origin), it's an extreme deviation of the lore caused by centuries of hearsay... or you're just pulling my leg here.

And here's your Bunyip my good sire

And while we're at it, I don't think that a wiki (that can be edited by literally anybody) can be regarded as a reliable source to back any kind of claim.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

None of that addresses whatever source was used for the book I linked. Did you look at the page, as I'm a little confused by how you referred to it? I have no idea how authoritative said book is, but it certainly seems to have a lot of obscure stuff (I can't find any references to the "good hoop" mythic creature outside of it online). I certainly can't be pulling your leg nor is it according to me as I did not have anything to do with this book nor did I even know about the good hoop creature until I went searching for serpentine references to the bunyip. I'm simply pointing out what it said.

Also I'm well aware that Diprotodon and other fossils have been seen as remains of bunyip by native peoples, adding to the confusion of just what the creature looked like in myth. Some believe the tales may even be handed down from memories of the various large animals that lived in Australia when it was first colonized by humans. Rather fascinating stuff to think about, but when it comes to the myth itself rather than the origin, the only thing that seems agreed upon about what the bunyip looks like is that most don't agree on what it looks like. According to wikipedia Robert Brough Smyth's book from 1878 concluded after 10 pages of talking about it that in truth little is known about what it looks like, as the native people were in such fear of it that they didn't take note of its characteristics.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Ophelia's (I wholeheartedly refuse to call her Bunyip...since well... she's not one) fur other than being everlastingly fluffy (and irresistibly overpowered) also happens to be waterproof (and extremely so) which is quite a moderately interesting trait.
I wonder if said fur could actually be used for something, since clothes made from said fur would definitely prove beneficial to people (such as sailors or fishermen for instance) and Ophelia being the bland (I mean good natured) creature she is, shouldn't probably oppose to either let people use her shed fur or being shorn every now and then... not to mention it would make it easier for her to find a partner/husband.

I also wonder why hasn't this been included in the entry, even if it's something that has been done before in this setting... it could have added some extra depth to an entry that pretty much needs it.
SIERRA-116
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: MCPO Jason-116
Favorite Monster Type: Snakes, slimes, Alraunes, bugs
Location: Installation 05 "Green Zone" (Codename: Delta Halo GZ)

Post by SIERRA-116 »

Nothing about children? I do recall Bunyips being known for snatching and devouring careless children that ventured too close to the bank.

All in all, her description does seem to reflect some aspects of the original Cryptid, but... it just doesn't feel Dreamtime/Indigenous Australian.
To find him, you must forget the stories...

Forget the legends...

You have to do more than walk in his footsteps...

For he is more than the sum of his actions...

I tell you this, not because I trust you...

But because all our lives are at stake...

Because the seeds of our future... are sown in his past...
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

That's one furry lookin "lamia", aha. I haven't seen any fan art of her yet, she's nothing special in my opinion..but the furriness does add something fresh I suppose.

Entry looks run of the mill since 2008 though, so not much I can comment on. Rape people, get semen, etc. Boring.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I haven't seen any fan art of her yet
There are actually some fan arts of this particular entry post on several boorus, pixiv and on another sites of similar nature.
Of course that the amount of fan arts is no near as astounding as a certain somenone tried to claim in this very thread nor the impact it created was really that noteworthy nor impressive...
...but it gained a slight degree of renown...despite all of its shortcomings, that aren't few precisely (it's either the fluff factor or the fact that there hasn't been any redeemable nor remotely decent entry in months... and it's better a mediocre entry than a bad one after all).
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Feathers wrote:Entry looks run of the mill since 2008 though, so not much I can comment on. Rape people, get semen, etc. Boring.
Aww Feathers, I thought you might see her nervous side and tendency to hug a man like he were a stuffed animal and she a kid to be cute. :happyness:

Some fan art: http://mgewiki.com/w/Bunyip/Gallery