Tsurara-onna

Yuki-onna, now 70% cooler(?)

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Tsurara-onna

Post by Blake81 »

Tsurara-onna.png
Profile and Art Copyright Kenkou Cross @ http://kurobine.sakura.ne.jp/
Translated Profile Commissioned by Monster Girl Redux
Do not redistribute, modify, or re-host without the expressed written consent of Kenkou Cross.

Japanese Profile:
Spoiler: show
52fa42e8f2cc6868d336ac8e77b32daf.jpg
Clean Image:
Spoiler: show
342_tsurara_onna_L.jpg
Well, looks like winter's here. :P

Still, never heard of this particular Youkai. She looks like a Yuki-onna and a Glacies went at it so hard they fused together...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Re: Tsurara-onna

Post by Creator_Drake »

I think I might have a cool new favorite.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

http://yokai.com/tsuraraonna/ So, seems like an icy version of a Yuki-onna?
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

Reading the lore example, methinks she may have a potential yandere complex...
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Let me guess...Fourth ice elemental implemented in the setting and like the other three won't be used for triggering cryomancy.

I guess I'll save my two cents until the entry text is translated since I fully know that you can't judge a book by its cover (regardless of how nice is said cover), but I'm starting to get sick and tired of all those chilly pseudo elementals.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Read the translated profile. She's basically ''Dark Yuki-Onna''; same thing, but evil. I found this profile rather lackluster...
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Translated profile is up on the first post!

She looks cool!

...ok I'll see myself out...
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

I was frozen today

Post by Kaijin »

First of all let's start by giving the man credit for finally changing the personality/disposition/modus operandi of his ice sculptures at the fourth attempt... Even if it's not that impressive, it's still something worth appreciating since we pretty had three carbon copies of the same monster/youkai (with different skins and variations in the power scaling area).

But other than that... Yes, I'm afraid the she's more of the same old and trite trend seen so far: a cerulean and frozen pseudo elemental that won't allow you to use cryomancy even if you marry her (whether you want it or not).
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus

Post by Perentie »

For those curious there is an established way to easily use ice magic. Namely just wear items/equipment enchanted by the appropriate kind of monster. This was described back in the "possessions" monsterization article of World Guide 1 with yuki-onna as an example. The monster just has to infuse their mana in a highly concentrated form into something and you have to wear it for a while. This causes eventual monsterization or incubization, but also alters your mana to take on traits of the mana of the monster who infused it, granting you abilities associated with the race of monster that infused it.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

For those curious there is an established way to easily use ice magic.
Water + Wind

Grandia taught us well... and let's be honest why would be anyone bother in pestering a pseudo elemental for months, when marrying two bona fide elementals should also do the trick?

But anyway thank you for confirming that there is not and there will NEVER be a canonical way of becoming a cryomancer in this setting.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Kaijin wrote:
But anyway thank you for confirming that there is not and there will NEVER be a canonical way of becoming a cryomancer in this setting.
To be clear, I never said that. If you're defining cryomancer as a elementalist contracted to an ice elemental, then we have reason to think it doesn't happen since as far as we know only the four great elementals and dark matters form covenants (there is a reference in MGE volume 2 of elementalists seeking out ice palaces to try to contract with ice elementals, but nothign is said about if any succeed or can succeed).

On the other hand its certainly possible to become someone who specializes in ice magic (elemental magic isn't limited to those bonded with elementals), and such a person could certainly be called a cryomancer I would think.

But if you want a monster to use her powers to help you learn certain types of magic, then that certainly happens too. Its just not the same as a covenant. It all depends on what you specifically mean by "cryomancer."
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

On the other hand its certainly possible to become someone who specializes in ice magic (elemental magic isn't limited to those bonded with elementals), and such a person could certainly be called a cryomancer I would think.
Anything in order to make me submit to your educative ways huh...¬¬

Look, you already said it yourself in your last post: the setting specifically implies that there is not any case of an elementalist able to form a covenant with an ice elemental, thus there is not any known case of a cryomancer in this setting canonically speaking (you can argue all you want with me... But you CAN'T argue against yourself).

You can go pay a visit to your cerulean and permafrozen neighbour in order to ask for a cup of sugar and to see if she can hug your sweater tighthly enough that you can catch a severe case of frostbite from her...
-Does it work? Yes... in the long run.
-Can you potentially gain access to a glacial moveset? Apparently yeah (although I seriously doubt is nearly as effective as you make it sound though).
-Do you become a cryomancer? NO, YOU GET INFECTED FROM EXPOSURE TO SECOND HAND YOUKAI MANA

.P.S.: I don't intend to make fun of you (unless provoked that is), but the more you go on the more reason you end up giving me... Maybe it's time to reconsider, don't you think?
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Could you at least define what you mean by cryomancer and why its the only one that counts to you? Obviously its a magic user that specializes in ice, but you are equating it with the elementalists who contract with elementals, and as I stated before, using elemental magic is not limited to elementalists. Ergo there could very well be cryomancers of that sort, i.e. those that learn to use element-based magic via other means. Or are you saying someone who uses the fire based mana attacks described in WG3 is not a pyromancer because they are not contracted to an ignis? Certainly there is some distinction, it just seems like you are making it a bigger one by claiming they are not something rather than that they are just a different variety of something.

Ultimately we may just be getting hung up on semantics here. In which case agree to disagree. :whatever:
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

The setting says it perfectly: an elementalist is a covenanter.

No (pure) ice elemental + lack of an actual way of establish a covenant with one = No ice type elementalists (ergo no cryomancers).

This isn't semantics, is what about what the setting (that you so adamantly defend) tells me and is crystal clear in that regard.