Myconid

Shroom....

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Myconid

Post by Blake81 »

Myconid.png
Profile and Art Copyright Kenkou Cross @ http://kurobine.sakura.ne.jp/
Translated Profile Commissioned by Monster Girl Redux
Do not redistribute, modify, or re-host without the expressed written consent of Kenkou Cross.

Japanese Profile:
Spoiler: show
e67d2509214cf09241f3e1750e3ea087.jpg
Clean Image:
Spoiler: show
345_myconid_L.jpg
All I'm gonna say is.... please don't be another Matango.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: Myconid

Post by Feathers »

Wow he didn't even try to make her look decent. What's up with those Hershey's Kiss shaped breasts? Creepy. She has no eye reflections so I'm thinking she is another fungus zombie.
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Incubus
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Perentie »

The design isn't really to my tastes, but at the same time it is nice to have another plant girl and hopefully she won't have the issues many have with the matango. From what I can tell from google translate (her Patreon translation isn't done yet) monsterization isn't even mentioned in the profile, so at least we probably don't have to worry about that aspect of the matango. ;) Her theme is to be a cute, clingy, walking mushroom girl whose emotions are hard to read (hence her rather vacant expression). She seems to be based on the Dungeons and Dragons monster of the same name.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

From the point of view of someone who happens to suffer from a severe gastrointestinal allergy to mushrooms... The mere sight of this one...Just makes me cringe.

So... I don't need the translation to know that I won't be liking this one...at all.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

Interesting design choice. I don't mind the looks so much as the profile. When it gets translated, it should shed some light on how she is but for now I'm impartial
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

The entry has already been translated in that other site, feel free to check it out if you want...For the time being that is.

What can I say (other than being unable to able tolerate her presence due to health issues)?
Other than being a gijinka version of...

...this...

...she's...rather...Meh.

.P.S.: Someone should tell Kenkou that fungi aren't plants (being unable to tell the difference between Ireland and Iceland may be disrespectfully worrying, but this takes the cake for sure...)
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

If anyone is curious, KC did note in his "making of" that the banshee is Celtic in origin (Irish mythology being considered a branch of Celtic mythology), as well as that they were fae creatures in the myths.

As for him classifying his mushroom monsters as plants, well that's basically a trope by now isn't it? Just look at Pokemon. ;)

Anyway, myconid is honestly very likable as far as the profile goes, and adds another low tier monster to the setting (they can't all be powerhouse elites).

That the myconid developed from matango ancestors also means something else good came from the matango. Maybe one day the matango will fully cease to be matango, all of them becoming myconids or mad hatters, their remaining spores becoming the largely harmless pseudo matango mushrooms.

That is, while matango certainly aren't as bad as some claim, especially since you can turn them into mad hatters (who are quite loved by many fans), but there is no getting around how in their base state they aren't even able to walk on their own. Even dryads have the whole "can teleport to other dryad trees" ability.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Majin Shroom

Post by Kaijin »

The Professor wrote:Kenkou is perfect
His words are always true
His will is absolute
He is omniscience personified
Amen to that, brother.
--------

Anyway...
We're talking about an Eryngii mushroom able to release hallucinating and aphrodisiac spores at will and at the same time and also happens to have a body structure that is on par with that of Majin Boo's.

Bland, boring, uninspiring...Yes, but she's far from being a low tier (she's a matter of fact one of the toughest things to deal with if you end up in a forest)
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

So, just read the translated profile.... She's basically "Mushroom Samba", the MG. Do not want....
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Translated profile is up on first post.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Perentie
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Perentie »

Blake81 wrote:So, just read the translated profile.... She's basically "Mushroom Samba", the MG. Do not want....
Well at least you just feel giddy and aroused instead of hallucinating infinite stairways and talking frogs. :lol: Or maybe that's a downside... but if one wants hallucinations then they can always date a phantom.
Blkmagma
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None

Post by Blkmagma »

Huh, this give me ideas on how to draw a certain breed of Battlemamono better...

Nice one, KC!