MGE - KC's Official RPG Game

Now for realsies

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

MGE - KC's Official RPG Game

Post by Blake81 »

For as long as the MGE has existed, many folks (myself included) have thought there was a game attached, and for years and years, be it on MGU, TMM, MGR or any site, we have scoured KC's Twitter and pages, looking for some kind of clue such a thing existed.

Today, that search ends.

We plan to develop Monster Girl Encyclopedia RPG (working title) and report updates on Enty, Fantia, and Patreon. A playable prologue will be distributed for supporters in the next year!
For overseas, the detail will be announced later on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/MGE
(There's also a video in that Tweet of the WIP game, but can't seem to be able to post it here)

So yes, he's making a game, and yes, it'll have an English version, and yes, he'll distribute a Playable Prologue next year (2020: The Good Games Year)
And, this is the part where we start to HYPE!! :yay: :wow: :Whoo!: :happyness: :goodjob: :^^v:
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: MGE - KC's Official RPG Game

Post by Feathers »

Cool, call me when the harpies land.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

Yay about time he got to itm though I suppose he's busy with his Nobel works and all.

I wonder if he ever reads fanfics of his work from his fans?
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

He does read some fanfics, but usually the Japanese ones since well, he can't read English without a translator (Exetmos).
================================

Looking forward to the Catgirls, Lilims and/or Dragons.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

He's a little bit late to the party since at one point we had our own in the works, but hopefully his will release.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

DogKama wrote:He's a little bit late to the party since at one point we had our own in the works, but hopefully his will release.
That and he kinda missed the monster girl popularity wave that was a few years ago. Monster Girl Quest stole his gaming fire before he had it anyway.

The game looks like another RPG Maker clone too, not that hyped to be honest. I'm so tired of seeing the exact same maps in every single RPG Maker game. Shows me right there that the devs are lazy.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Feathers wrote:That and he kinda missed the monster girl popularity wave that was a few years ago.
Yeah that's so true. I feel that he kinda missed the opportunity when monster girls got their 15-minutes in the spotlight with the MG anime (MonMusu, Centaur, and Demi-chan) that came out.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah during those times would have been perfect. I guess I'm kinda bitter about it because I was hoping for an MGE path driven game for years..and then one finally comes it's just an RPG game. :wall:
Popeatine
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: Jinko, Minotaur, Wurm

Post by Popeatine »

dragonstryke58 wrote:
Feathers wrote:That and he kinda missed the monster girl popularity wave that was a few years ago.
Yeah that's so true. I feel that he kinda missed the opportunity when monster girls got their 15-minutes in the spotlight with the MG anime (MonMusu, Centaur, and Demi-chan) that came out.
The era of Ishuzoku Reviewers and Raphtalia is way better than the era of Monster Musume for this game. The era of Monster Girls is now, though it would had been way better if the game had been released when Ishuzoku was actually airing, but the hype and fandom it left is strong. Ishizoku caused the hype and fandom that Monster Musume failed to achieve in its anime.
Favorite Monster Girls: Monster Girls that are muscular and know how to kick asses.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Wow old reply. There's a name I haven't seen in ages. !

I agree with Tate no Yuusha / Shield Hero being superior. I also enjoyed of course liked the winged girl race, and the push back against social justice stuff. A non doofus male main character was quite refreshing.

Reviewers was too lewd for my tastes, and I only care about Meidori. IReviewers probably just popular because it got banned from Funimation and people heard of it and decided to look. Heck, that's when I first heard about it lol.

I'm pretty much done with MGE these days. I look at fan arts one every few months for the occasional Gazer and Thunderbird, but that's about it.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Popeatine wrote:The era of Ishuzoku Reviewers and Raphtalia is way better than the era of Monster Musume for this game. The era of Monster Girls is now, though it would had been way better if the game had been released when Ishuzoku was actually airing, but the hype and fandom it left is strong. Ishizoku caused the hype and fandom that Monster Musume failed to achieve in its anime.
Although I agree that Tate no Yuusha being a great LN/manga/anime, I'd have to argue that it didn't have a feel that Monster Girls were the main focus of the story. It was an Isekai that happened to feature Monster Girls. Because of that, I feel it wouldn't lend itself as well to hyping a game that focused on Monster Girls as their focuses are different.
Feathers wrote:Reviewers was too lewd for my tastes, and I only care about Meidori. IReviewers probably just popular because it got banned from Funimation and people heard of it and decided to look. Heck, that's when I first heard about it lol.
I also agree with Feathers that a good part of the popularity of Ishuzoku Reviewers was in part to it being banned from Funimation. However, as an anime, I feel it was too adult oriented to garner a large enough fandom as compared to years ago (the audience range was far wider). Granted that more fans of Ishuzoku Reviewers would be inclined to buy an MGE game than MonMusu or Demi-chan fans, I still think that the era of a couple years ago was more conducive to people being introduced to the Monster Girl genre.

As a whole, I think the current industry is well too inundated with the Isekai genre for the Monster Girl genre to make a big resurgence like how popular it was several years ago. It had its time in the limelight, but then with the upsurge of Isekai and Stuck-in-a-video-game type stories it was forced back into a niche genre.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
BoxedCarrot492
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: None

Post by BoxedCarrot492 »

A new demo game from Kenko Cross for patrons. Monster Girl Encyclopedia RPG" Trial Version, English Translation Version is on his Patreon page. Glad to see the game still being worked on. Https://www.patreon.com/MGE
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

BoxedCarrot492 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:39 pm A new demo game from Kenko Cross for patrons. Monster Girl Encyclopedia RPG" Trial Version, English Translation Version is on his Patreon page. Glad to see the game still being worked on. Https://www.patreon.com/MGE
Wow yea I didn't even know this game was still in the works! Last year was so crazy I forgot all about it.

I would still someday like to make a monster girl game that isn't all about sex though. I love monster girls but I like to see them as more than just bodies. Moero Crystal is probably the closest game I saw like that, but it's stricken with dungeon crawler monotony and has little plot. :(

That said, if it's not as vorey as MGQ, I'd probably try the MGE game just for the experience. I don't do Patreon though, so hopefully it's released on Steam or JAST or something.