Dryad

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
FlashGrenade0
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The New and Improved Gizoid
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet, Orc, Werewolf,

Re: Dryad

Post by FlashGrenade0 »

Hmmm.....now I'm wondering if she can somehow extend the trees roots to coincide with other trees so that she can travel between them at will....
You know what the problem is with motivational speakers? They speak to much. Nowadays, the analogy "actions speak louder than words" is regarded so much as the norm that whenever motivational speakers do what they came for, nearly every person making up their audience couldn't really give any less of a flyin' fuck.
Katsoro
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baby Monkey
Favorite Monster Type: Orc,Nightmare,KitsunHolstaurus

Post by Katsoro »

Maybe or she could have a REALLY large root system like those trees in Africa .

Edit: the deepest root know to man are over 200 feet deep so if she was on top of bed rook a Dryad could have a root system extending some hundred feet away from her. Also if she lives as long as a tree she can live for as much a five thousand years or more.
"The smiles and laughter of his readers are the greatest rewords of a writer."__Me

So go read Battle Mage and comment on it Q.Q
FlashGrenade0
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The New and Improved Gizoid
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet, Orc, Werewolf,

Post by FlashGrenade0 »

Nice. With such longevity as that, she could even keep the Elementals company!
You know what the problem is with motivational speakers? They speak to much. Nowadays, the analogy "actions speak louder than words" is regarded so much as the norm that whenever motivational speakers do what they came for, nearly every person making up their audience couldn't really give any less of a flyin' fuck.
GorgonMage
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Lonely Unicorn

Post by GorgonMage »

At least she doesn't eat people like the Dryads in Felarya. She just gives them wood. Hehehehe.
(Signature made by Feathers)

GO TEAM JACOB!
Whippe Lash
Emperess
Emperess
Favorite Monster Type: Ghoul...don't judge!!!
Location: The Insect Caverns located somewhere under the Zipangu Region

Post by Whippe Lash »

She just turns you into a tree and make it so you can't move.
Love4all
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Nature lover and Empath
Favorite Monster Type: Dryads, Nagas, Slimes, etc.

Post by Love4all »

I kinda like dryads to be honest. After learning about the Felarya ones and whatnot, I became interested in the traditional lore itself. I saw portrayals from several sources regarding what's what from them. Granted, I'm not an expert, all the same.

So much was my interest in them, I even created a couple dryad OCs. Though, I haven't figured out how to have them look. They have traits from different individual dryad ''cousins" in a felarya sense. However, behaviorally speaking, they take more on traditional lore.
Spoiler: show
*Being bound to one tree, most commonly an oak. If the tree is damaged in some way or cut down, she will die.

*Not being able to go too far from their tree, namely 360 yards. If she strays away too far she will get ill. If she stays away from her tree longer than 4 days, she won't survive.

*Possess the ability to "forest walk" or move through different trees, at times moving great distances, and they can do so rather quickly.

*Generally benevolent and non aggressive. Have an especially strong respect for nature including fauna and life and will go to great links to protect it. They are very knowledgeable about all the plants in their location and are said to hold profound wisdom.

*They can speak to, understand and converse with plants and animate the ones in their location at will to suit their needs, such as defense or driving someone away.

*Can supposedly open a "doorway" in one tree and through it teleport to their own tree.

*Aside from camoflauging into nature, they can also cast illusions and can charm or mesmerize people with appearance, gestures, and/or spells.
She can call apon her "charmed" to act as bodyguards or charm in self defense, turning an enemy against his own party/team.

*They can meld into trees and are said to take "charmed" individuals into their trees to stay with them. If they are released, it's supposedly after 4 years time. An individual who has been charmed can only be released from the spell at the dryads death or if said dryad chooses to let them go of her own accord.

*They can bind with another individual, but generally only one. If she sets sights on a mate, they are bonded for life.

*Dryads have a spiritual link, a network amongst their race. They can communicate and call for help if need be. One can also choose to shut down her connection with the others if she wishes for some personal alone time. They can also share this link with another individual. They also have an empathy reflect ability and can feel each others emotions. Though if the link is shut down between one and the others temporarily, the disconnected one isn't effected fully.
Mind you, this is info I got from varying sources regarding dryads, felarya included. Some are even said to have legs and can wander from their trees.
Felarya has a few varieties a dryads that have their own unique trait depending on where they are located.

Some examples of different ones can be seen here in the sub species section at the bottom of the page.
http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dryads

Most of the species are giant in Felarya, and are generally rooted to one place (though they can uproot and move themselves), and their lower half is a massive tree trunk. It's rare to see one with legs in Felarya apparently, but they can be found there too. Though the ones with actual legs I would assume must be much smaller. And regardless of variety apparently they all have a taste for eating people. Though the smaller species (the more human sized ones), are an exception to this. Needing to work with things that are much smaller. Though it sounds like the smaller ones are rare, even without legs.

The couple dryad OCs I came up with seem to be a mix of the different dryads, but mostly tied to the traditional lore, which isn't so, if at all, reliant on vore regarding diet. The reason I see them as a mix of the different ones though is where I have them located in Felarya.

They reside in the dridder forest. They are more near the outer edges of it, closer to the swamp, but grow best in dark settings. Leading me to think of their appearance to be either that of a Shadow or swamp dryad. However, they also have a couple thorns that when used on someone induce a temporary paralysis, reminding me a little of the Bramble dryads. Although, my dryads aren't towering giants and are more normal size and have legs.
And all 3 dryad types (bramble, shadow, swamp) have different appearances.

So, I'm a little lost on what my dryad OCs should look like, considering they are meant to be Felaryan OCs. Though I will say this for my dryad Ocs, they probably relate more to MGE than Felarya, behavior wise in regards to passion. They also have their own "unique technique" when it comes to snatching guys they want to 'play' with.
Zadocfish
High Priestess
High Priestess
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Zadocfish »

Ah... well, I don't think Felarya Dryad OCs really relate in any meaningful way to MGE dryads; they're very different physically and EXTREMELY different psychologically.

That really seems like a question to be asked in the Felarya thread or the Felarya forum. I'm not sure you'll get the answers and/or opinions you're looking for in this thread...
I am a Christian. I also really, really like fish.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

Yeah, Felaryan Dryad and MGE Dryad are like trying to compare a rose to a petunia.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Love4all
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Nature lover and Empath
Favorite Monster Type: Dryads, Nagas, Slimes, etc.

Post by Love4all »

I am not saying they are the same. I know they are very different.

I just meant that my ocs exhibit the traits/behaviors of several different dryads, not just Felarya ones. I only say they are Felarya ocs, because that's originally where I planned to have them living. But that's if I write something involving being in Felarya. If Felarya isn't involved, they would appear where ever there happens to be woods in the setting/universe being used.

But yeah, I'm not as familiar with the MGE dryads, but their behavior sounds a lot like my OCs, Barb and Thorn, who love to whisk guys away and 'play' with them.

Other than that, I was bringing up all dryads in general. I thought maybe this thread would be the right place for it. Perhaps I should continue this in a different thread and/or board? I don't want to be off topic if this is for specific dryads.
Zadocfish
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Zadocfish »

Ah. Remember, though, MGE dryads are like nature spirits while Felarya's dryads are like trees.

Perhaps, yeah, a General Monster Girls thread would be better for this. Honestly, though, if they're like MGE dryads at all, they wouldn't "fit in" in Felarya.

Erg. This discussion makes me remember my days with the Felarya setting. It has taken me 5 years to realize exactly how messed-up that concept was in retrospect...
I am a Christian. I also really, really like fish.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

I have a soft spot for dryads as well. I just rather not take the while "oneness with nature" literally in their case. (Because harpies already own my feathers and all.)