Lizardman

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Shadow of Legend
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: God of Insanity
Favorite Monster Type: The lizard-types

Re: Lizardman

Post by Shadow of Legend »

hothead1021 wrote:Do you think a Lizardwoman will respect a gunman if they can defeat her in a battle without actually harming her?

She might be like Vergil from DMC3, viewing guns as weapons unworthy of a true warrior or whatever. It would depend on the individual.

...Sort of ninja'd by dragonstryke...
From the hate-scorched sky!
With righteous anger in our hearts!
We draw forth the sword that smites evil!
Thou art the innocent blade----Demonbane!

Lemuria Impact:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtkCGQ9aTIc

Lemuria Impact translation:
"In this World of Light, there is no place for you of the Darkness!
Thirst not! Hunger not! Return to the Void!
Lemuria Impact!"

"Sublimate!"
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

So guns are unworthy but magic flying swords that are practically used as spears is a-ok? talk about different viewpoints.

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Spoiler: show
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Scrapmaster »

it can be anything as long as its pointy,sharp,cuts,probably inflicts heavy bleeding is ok to her i guess :P
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

hothead1021 wrote:So guns are unworthy but magic flying swords that are practically used as spears is a-ok? talk about different viewpoints.
I think it has more to do with the fact that through history, guns have earned the stigma that it doesn't take much training or skill to use. With melee combat, you do need courage and skill, you can't just wield a weapon and expect to be proficient in it. Same with magic, it takes talent and practice to get the spell right in order to do what you want to do. The gun earned it's place as a weapon of choice by armies all over the world because you can just point and shoot to deal devastating damage to your enemy. (I do know you need skill to aim and actually hit something, but I'm just relaying the popular view). Anyway, the lizardman may be one of those that think guns require no dedication, training, or skill to use and therefore not worthy of a weapon for a true warrior.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor

Post by hothead1021 »

Dragon, you have forgotten about the one thing that actually makes the gun a weapon you need at least some skill to use, and that is the recoil effect from firing the gun, you see some guns require the recoil effect to help with gun firing, remove that and some guns may Jam, preventing the shooting of bullets, while some guns need the opposite effect, and lets not forget the strain the recoil puts on the arm for first time users.
Last edited by hothead1021 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

hothead1021 wrote:Dragon, you have forgotten about the one thing that actually makes the gun a weapon you need at least some skill to use, and that is the recoil effect from firing the gun, you see some guns require the recoil effect to help with gun firing, remove that and some guns may Jam, preventing the shooting of bullets, while some guns need the opposite effect, and lets not forget the strain the recoil puts on the arm for first time users.
I understand all that. Like I mentioned, I'm only giving the "popular" opinion that it takes no skill to use a gun.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor

Post by hothead1021 »

Well the popular opinion seems to be derived from most people who have never even used a firearm in their entire life, if I ever met a Lizardwoman who thought that way, I'll educate her with a shootout with rubber bullets.

Edit: no offense of course

Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Spartan deem long range weapon such as bow are cowardly.

Unless you are able to shoot the sword out of her hand, and really have her cornered. Or she may just use her bare "claw" to snatch that gun of you out of your hand.

Think of the boss in MGS3
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

There's something that has bugging my mind for quite a few time and I'm not able to find an answer myself....

Are lizardfolk (and every other reptile entry... but Salamanders) cold blooded? Other artists (such as Okayado, who actually showed his nagas being cold blooded and hibernating) have given such a trait to their reptiles, but not Kenkou...

Can Lizardwomen bask in the sun just like this lizard?

.P.S.: It would be quite adorable to see one of them lazily basking in the sun, lying on a flat rock.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

I think for the most part, the lizardfolk are all warm blooded. I think their inclination to being more "reptilian" is more of a preference to temperatures than to actually having to do with warm or cold-blooded natures.

My main reasoning is that being either warm-blooded or cold-blooded actually determines your metabolism. Cold-blooded creatures must warm themselves to speed up their body's metabolism in order to become more active. Warm-blooded creatures can sustain activity at the cost of requiring more food. Also, warm-blooded creatures can have their metabolism slow down when it becomes cold (meaning we become sluggish and lethargic when it gets cold). I'm sure all of us have had the experience where we had no energy if the weather was bad and it was too cold.

In any case, if you're likely to lead an active lifestyle and sustain activity for an extended period of time (which I imagine these girls do), it's more than likely that you are warm-blooded. The reason people would believe that they are cold-blooded is because its actually a trait associated with reptiles (although science proved warm-blooded reptiles existed).

Edit - I'd like to see her basking in the sun on a flat rock too...
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor

Post by hothead1021 »

Screw just seeing her bask in the sun on a flat rock, hell, I'd bask along with her.cause one of the things I love to do is sleep, seriously I once tried to sleep through an entire day. keyword tried.

Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I think for the most part, the lizardfolk are all warm blooded. I think their inclination to being more "reptilian" is more of a preference to temperatures than to actually having to do with warm or cold-blooded natures.
Sadly you might be right on that...
Even if it makes sense for them to be warm blooded, it actual takes a huge part on their charm out...

I mean some of a quite adorable series of possible scenarios:

-Having her basking in the sun, lying on flat rock.
-Having her feeling sluggish at morning, rolling around bed and trying her best to avoid waking up "Hnng... five...minutes..." or in case she's married hugging him in clingy manner instead of rolling.
-Having her feeling drowsy and entering and going out sleep during winter (they're cold blooded in such scenario, but too active to fully succumb to hibernation), similar to a narcolepsy attack... In case she's married clinging to her husband in order to get some warmth from him.

Oh well... At least she still retains her sense of honor and her lovely looks...^^
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Just because she's warm blooded doesn't rule out those scenes. Like I said, being warm-blooded only determines the speed of your metabolism. Humans themselves are susceptible to changes in temperature as well.

Though it is not directly related to our warm-blooded nature, humans do enjoy basking in the sun (we call it sunbathing).

People who aren't really morning people may tend to do the second scenario. The Japanese think that if you have low blood pressure in the morning, it takes longer for you to wake up...and if you're a clingy person to begin with, then there you go.

The last scenario could be people who just don't do well in the cold. I know that I am one of those people. When it gets cold, I become lethargic and sleepy.

So even if a lizardman were warm-blooded, she could still do all the scenarios you mentioned.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

(we call it sunbathing).
It's not the same and it's actually an incredibly counterproducing habit to get accustomed. Skin has life on its own (sort of, since it doesn't actually die) and once it happens to hit the end of its natural "lifespan", humans become more prone at getting all kind of skin diseases... including cancer.

That's why I avoided to make such a comparation, since:

a) Reptiles don't have trouble at doing so due to scales covering their skin.
b) Reptiles will only be under the sun as long as they need.
c) Reptiles wouldn't abuse of a custom that could potentially kill them in the long run.

We may be the only rational beings on the face of Earth, we may rely more on rational thoughts than instinct yet we are the most insensible creatures roaming the blue planet.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Well, if you were to be technical, the lizardman probably has just as much skin as she does scales.

Also, sun bathing is not counter producing as humans need sunlight in order to stay healthy. The largest source of Vitamin D that our body receives is from sunlight. Vitamin D helps our body process calcium which is required for a healthy skeletal structure.

In any case, I know about sun damage that is a result of sun bathing (as it is probably one of the things we hear a lot about here in Hawaii), but I think that sun bathing can be a perfectly safe custom. Like you said, reptiles won't abuse a custom that could potentially kill them in the long run, so the same could be said of humans as long as we take the necessary precautions. As long as humans remember to put health before beauty (which most people have a hard time doing), sun bathing won't be as dangerous.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Do you want to stop this debating or have me get the fuck out of this forum, forever?

Don't start debating on my favourite Lizardman's page.
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor

Post by hothead1021 »

I wonder what a Lizardwoman would look like if she was a fencer.

Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Do you want to stop this debating or have me get the fuck out of this forum, forever?
Gee... easy there, my good sire... Seriously that was a response a bit too radical for a scenario where didn't happen anything out of the ordinary...
There were two users talking about biological aspects and plausible life customs of the lizardforlk that for some reason ended up becoming in a talk between two coastal regions' inhabitants about pros and cons of sunbathing...

There's nothing wrong about a little bit of debate... as long it doesn't end up becoming a virtual bloodshed, thing that didn't happen... and it was never meant to happen since dragonstryke would have put an end to that before reaching that point since he's a moderator himself.

But I digress, so I'll better stop to focus on my favorite scaly cutie for now...^^
They would probably choose to wear a bit more defensive gear, covering her chest and stomach area... but light enough for not making them lose the mobility they sport on their battles... Probably a leather armor covering their leotards would be the most plausible choice, since it's thick enough to be a lifesaver against piercing weapons and light enough for not make them slower nor clumsier on battle.

And possibly spearwomen and halberdiers would choose to use similar sets of armors, since those are piercing weapons as well (actually halberds are piercing/slashing hybrids but you get my point).
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The inactive

Post by Drazzimyr »

I keep wondering what kind of marksman would a Lizardman be in a more technologically advanced setting. Like, would they be better at being snipers or being a guns akimbo?
ShadowBladeX
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Demonic Shadow Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Salamander, Lilim, Vampire

Post by ShadowBladeX »

The Sky Devourer wrote:I keep wondering what kind of marksman would a Lizardman be in a more technologically advanced setting. Like, would they be better at being snipers or being a guns akimbo?
Eh, I would think that an Elf would make a better sniper while a Lizardman would be more on the assault side of things...I see her as more of a squad leader with a rifle of some sort rather than a sniper...If what I said makes any sense.
Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! - Sergeant Avery Johnson (Halo)

My favorite monster girls (Names for those whom I remember. Will update when I come up with more names.
Number one spot: Liandra Aria (Salamander)/Lady Ryong (Ryu)
Serena Drakemore(Elf)
Tiamat (Dragon)
Leona DeLocke (Dark Elf)
Victoria Degale(Alp)
Xentheria - Lilim
Elizabeth (Eliza) Fatima(Lizardman)
Witch
Nova (Ignis)
Akira (Werewolf)
Sarah Del Rizer (Vampire)