Centaur

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: Centaur

Post by Kaijin »

Chaos wrote:I can't remember if this was ever pointed out....but is it not strange that the centaur's diet is considered a carnivorous one?
Centaurs are traditionally regarded as hunters.
You can't hunt an onion or a potato...
...logic expects me to believe that they're either fully carnivorous or at the very least omnivorous.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Chaos
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Gentleman Lich
Favorite Monster Type: Oni, Ogre, Goblins and such

Re: Centaur

Post by Chaos »

Kaijin wrote:
Chaos wrote:I can't remember if this was ever pointed out....but is it not strange that the centaur's diet is considered a carnivorous one?
Centaurs are traditionally regarded as hunters.
You can't hunt an onion or a potato...
...logic expects me to believe that they're either fully carnivorous or at the very least omnivorous.
Hmn, I see your logic there. I know that Greek mythology did paint them as civilized races that mingled with humanity, and being fond of drinking and parties, so one would assume they had an omnivorous nature, akin to early hunter/gatherer societies. Still, the fact that it is pure carnivorous kinda irks me, as they are not designed with carnivore nature in mind. As I said, a hunter/gatherer omnivore sounds more feasible.

I also in part kinda wish that more folks in general described more on the variety that centaurs, and more specifically, the female 'Kentaurides' came in.
Philostratus the Elder, Imagines 2, Part 3 wrote: How beautiful the female centaurs are, even where they are horses; for some grow out of white mares, others are attached to chestnut mares, and the coat’s of others are dappled, but they glisten like those of horses that are well cared for. There is also a white female centaur that grows out of a black mare, and the very opposition of the colours helps to produce the united beauty of the whole.
Cited - http://archive.org/stream/imagines00phi ... t_djvu.txt