Black Harpy

Harpy Family | Birdman Type

An adult themed monster girl world created by Kenkou Cross.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: Black Harpy

Post by Kaijin »

Is it just me or did she actually became less aerodynamic with this revamp? (Not at the extent of entries like Jub Jub or Gandharva... But her body seems less "suited" to fly than the one she originally had back in the day).

It's nice to see that "blackbird-chan" got a revamp too (even if somehow irks me that she lost her hands in the process like it happened to her more common and cheerful cousin), and hopefully it will have more to offer than just some aesthetic upgrade.

.P.S.:
The reason I refer Black Hapries as "blackbird-chan", does anyone else see the similarities? ^^
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Yeah I linked them to blackbirds a very very long time ago as well..

Great artwork on the rework in my opinion.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

She possibly has more points in common with corvids as the modus operandi they have (specially with magpies), intelligence (corvids are extremely intelligent) and the sense of camaraderie they are prone to display (anger a crow and you'll unleash the whole flock rage) can potentially prove.

But then again the permanent addition of a corvid resident in the setting (Karasu/Crow Tengu), the colour shceme (as it matches that of a male blackbird (females are brown)) and the assumption/wishful thinking of them having a singing voice like that of their more common cousins (sparrow-chan aka Harpy) and the sirens (blackbirds have an extremely beautiful singing voice and they're even able to learn how to talk) makes me think that they could be based (be it either completely or partially) on blackbirds.

Until official confirmation I'll regard them as "blackbird-chan".

Anyway... enough deviating threads for now... Just like her cousin, the black harpy already has the translated revamped version on ...that other site, go check her out if you want.

The first thing worth mentioning is that unlike harpies, black harpies have nothing expanded on the entry's text description as it literally says the very same it said before, at best it could be considered as a "reworded" rather than revamped (which truth to be told is extremely disappointing).
One the other hand, the visual revamp is downright excellent... despite the anatomical incoherences and the lack of her hands she looks gorgeous, which is pleasantly surprising considering her design is a matter of fact extremely simple (sometimes the simpler something is, the better and this case proves it)... Design wise I consider her the best looking among the harpy family by far and one of the most stunning (if not the most stunning) entries in MONTHS.

It's a shame that the effort behind the description wasn't on par with the one behind of the illustration, as we could be easily talking about the best entry in the last 1-2 years hands down (no pun intended, I swear)... I guess it ended up being a more than decent effort though.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

First post has been updated!
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE