If you could change an MGQ scene...

Discussions and profiles of the Monster Girl Quest game are here.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

If you could change an MGQ scene...

Post by Feathers »

If you could change an MGQ scene, how would it play out? Choose your most favorite scene(s) and think of something you might have disliked, how would you make it more appealing to you? Would you make the girl less violent, more violent? Keep or remove the vore? Would you change Luke's dialogue as well? Share your ideas if you have any.

(As you all know, "modding" the game's script is very possible. So it's 100% possible to have your dream come true in the actual game! :mrgreen: )
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Re: If you could change an MGQ scene...

Post by Pierce »

To sum, the violence is fine with me. Just ideally wanting to remove all killing aspects and vore involved as I would prefer my character to stay alive, even if it meant a game over.

Favourite scenes, I preferred anything involving Tamamo and a bit of Alice/Hybrid.

For Luka's dialogue, just to make him less naive, but I suppose he had that for the sake of being just a kid.

For modding, I've yet to do a campaign editor for MGQ, since I'm not sure where or what to start with that. Though an idea floating in my head was wanting to make an ACV-style mod, but got too little artistic patience and time to make art sprites.
musical74
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Master of Mistakes
Favorite Monster Type: Siren, Fairy, Holsty o my!

Post by musical74 »

I think the main thing for me is get rid of the vore/killing too. I'm NOT a fan of vore at all, and there seems to be too much of that in MGQ. The violence is fine for me, it's just the vore that disgusts me. There was a few monsters that I avoided losing to because I was positive it was going to be *vore game over*.

Favorite sex scene in MGQ1 is the kitsune, MGQ2 is Tamamo. I have a thing for FLUFFY TAILS (and wings, but the harpy village was too *have sex NOW* for me) My favorite overall scene is the village where Lily is lording over everyone. While I dislike the fights outside of the villager, you see a side of Luka that you haven't really seen before: anger and understanding. He's disgusted with Lily because they had the same problem of being an outsider (which you don't know about him until that point) and took wildly different paths from the same issue of *being an outsider and not wanted*.

Luka...I think his naiveness is funny occasionally, but I'd make him slightly less naive. I'd think he needs to realize that his goal will be met with a fair amount of resistance and react accordingly, but maybe he doesn't because he's still a kid.

I don't know enough about modding to change anything. The things I'd change is no vore and the monstergirls more interested in Luka because he's so different than *normal* humans. (And change the pic for the Unfortunate Lamia)
Mina and Cassandra prove that you CAN have light and dark together!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

I'd definitely change the harpy's dialogue to make her less baby crazy and more lovey dovey (but still a kidnapper, because I find being snatched up by a harpy to be incredibly awesome). Ideally I'd remove all vore, death, and "sex till you pass out" because I don't like it.

I also would add in more dialogue for the harpies to enjoy the pleasure and not the sperm. I guess I can blame the Harpy Queen for being overly desperate on breeding on a mass scale. She is a good leader and ready to die for her people, but went about it the wrong way. I'm sure she could find willing young men to wed her "sisters" in the future though. It left off for a good future for the harpies, so one could imagine her being less forceful in the future. Though I doubt her stubbornness will ever fully leave. That's a TRUE leader there, heh.

As for Luka, he's too young. I rather he be at least 20 and have less boyish dialogue, (for me) there' s nothing fun about a witnessing a boy going through all that. I'd rather him have better protection also, and not have his meat so easily unpacked during a mid battle..
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

but I suppose he had that for the sake of being just a kid.
Where did you exactly get that fact from? He's not legally an adult, but he isn't a kid either... he's an extremely tiny, puny and frail looking teenager at best.
His naivety doesn't come from his age, but is actually the strongest trait of his personality.

If he were to lose his innocence and naivety it would definitely meant to happen on Chapter 3 (specially after what happened in Chapter 2's true/canon ending), if he were to lose it before that part it would feel both unnatural and out of character.

Back to topic...

Vore scenes-> OUT (Or at least reworked in a way that don't seem like the ultimate bliss... gee you're getting eaten whole)
Alice-> Some scenes involving her should get rewritten, specially her bad ends of chapter one (her reaction there could be summed up in one word "Burp!")
Erubettie/Elvettie-> The bad end on her second battle is by far the most innecessarilly cruel, over the top and down right sadistic appeared in the whole saga so far (and I doubt that there will ever be any future ending able to match this one), to the point of making vore endings look "waff-y" in comparision.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014