Monster Girl Quest: Paradox

Alternate game

Discussions and profiles of the Monster Girl Quest game are here.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Monster Girl Quest: Paradox

Post by Pierce »

So I hear that Torotoro Resistance will be making a new MGQ game, but incorporate RPGmaker for an RPG approach instead of the visual novel approach.

http://monstergirlquest.wikia.com/wiki/ ... t:_Paradox

Thoughts anyone?
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: Monster Girl Quest: Paradox

Post by Feathers »

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... 75/151.jpg Cute. :)

Depends, most RPG Maker games tend to be run of the mill. I expect custom sprites, tiles, and battle system if professionals (or are they?) like TTR is making this game. If they settle for just stock RPG Maker materials, I will be severely disappointed. I mostly hope the death rape/vore/gore is removed, so I actually can enjoy their games.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

I've heard about the game, and I think I saw a screencap of it somewhere with the Dragon Pup (I'll have to look for it and post it here later) and looked quite cute.

My greatest concern is.... Who'll translate it now that RogueTranslator has gone into retirement? I have hopes in Dargoth, but one can never be sure.

Still, RPGMaker Games are MUCH MUCH EASIER to translate than VNs, and that's a good thing.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I dunno about easier..since you have to access every single event one at a time instead of line by line in a VN's text document...I guess it's just preference. The way Dargoth pumps out VN translations and zero RPG maker games (did I miss one?) though..makes ya wonder.

Maybe you can do it. :) I could help a bit too. Someone on ULMF would probably pick it up if no one else did. Either way, MGQ has a large fandom and I could see it getting a translation.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Scrapmaster »

hmm, lets just hope this game doesn't have cheap insta-death moves enemies love to do like in the original :) damn chimeras,plants and angel-ish bitches :hate:

although in this game I might just overlevel and be done with the whole game :mrgreen:
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

Well, Ive known about for a while so let me share a bit of the info I've gathered.

You will be able to recruit most of the monster girls in the game as party member. (There will also be some other special folks available from what I've seen.)

Most of the returning MGs will keep their CGs from MGQ, most likely to save time due to the sheer number of them.

Occasionally when they're losing the MGs will try to tempt you into letting them pleasure you, which is obviously a terrible idea that essentially means you give up and let them fuck you.
Feathers wrote:I mostly hope the death rape/vore/gore is removed, so I actually can enjoy their games
I'm sorry to inform you Feathers that this is part of the main thing of the game. And I doubt there were any Gore in MGQ.
Feathers wrote:I dunno about easier..since you have to access every single event one at a time instead of line by line in a VN's text document
There are actually a few programs that can be used to rip out all the text in the game and save it as a notepad. Which you can then translate and when done use the program again to put in the translated text.
Scrapmaster wrote:hmm, lets just hope this game doesn't have cheap insta-death moves enemies love to do like in the original damn chimeras,plants and angel-ish bitches
Well, it probably won't be as bad since you won't be fighting alone, you'll have two or three other party member with you. (Not sure if it was a 3 or 4 person party that you will have.)
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

I think its 4 maximum oersted, but it has been said its possible to beat the game solo with only Luka, so the difficulty isn't too hard I think (emphasis on think)

and you know what I think would be an amazing addition to monster girl quest? that wasn't in the original game? amazons! and cat girls! (not kitsunes) they already showed sheep girls and wolf girl,but you get my point I hope
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Ah okay! Haven't played a translated RPG Maker game yet, but that sounds handy. Never saw one worth trying before though. I usually just harvest the harpy material. :D Still, seeing the context during the event is really important when translating a game imo but what do I know I can't speak JP. ^^;

K got my team then. Harpy Queen, Harpy, and Harpy Twins. And if they ain't in there I'll PUT them in there! I love modding games.
Chanterla
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: the mad doctor.
Favorite Monster Type: troll

Post by Chanterla »

for those interested in trying it out the demo has been released.

http://mon110.sakura.ne.jp/mong/taiken.html
Haters gonna hate, hatters gonna hat, potatoes gonna potate.......I have no clue where I'm going with this.

Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

estimated download time 2 days :nono:

Nick115
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Historian.
Favorite Monster Type: None anyone who says i do dies

Post by Nick115 »

I'd rather get it in full release. Though i wonder how this progresses.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Your Heros are their monsters, and your heaven is their hell, and vice versa, but to me, you're all wrong, and you will forever be wrong as long as you see the world in black and white.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I'm with Nick and waiting for full release.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

The trial's CGs are already at E-Hentai. It looks pretty good so far. I am hoping for an Anubis of sorts to pop up. And perhaps some more LukaxAlice cuteness scenes.

There's a new bunny-eared, pink-colored slime girl who's clearly based on Melona from Queen's Blade.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Blake81 wrote:The trial's CGs are already at E-Hentai. It looks pretty good so far. I am hoping for an Anubis of sorts to pop up. And perhaps some more LukaxAlice cuteness scenes.

There's a new bunny-eared, pink-colored slime girl who's clearly based on Melona from Queen's Blade.
Spoiler: show
There's also a loli Illias, you have the option of choosing her or loli alice at the beginning as your follower she is cute as hell :D also she has healing spells and some offensive ones, she uses a bow and teaches LUka to use different moves than the ones alice would teach you.
Alice teaches you the demon decapitation, Illias teaches you a three hit holy attack skill, which hits randomized enemies, so not exactly stronger, but good for bosses because 3-hits is still pretty good.
Played the trial. my god the encounter rate IS TOO DAMN HIGH. Seriously, you finished a fight, you walk 5 feet and you get into another fight :sigh:

not only that but some enemies have IMPOSSIBLE to struggle out of binds, the imp specially, I remember staying there for 5 turns struggling to break out and nothing happened, tried attacking, you can't attack when bound like that, OH WELL guess im USELESS in that state :/, also enemies do TOO much damage, and they can very well spam their most powerful attacks 5 times in a row.

Example: One of the new girls, a dog girl, her normal attack does little damage (around 5-10) but she can and will 90% of the time use a strong attack that does 20+ damage each time, and she can use it each turn, oh thats little damage, bitch you got 50 HP max by the time you start encountering them.

Another example: worm girls, they got SO MUCH HEALTH, and they can spam their bind move, and their bind move takes 3 struggles or 2 to get out of, oh did I mention that each turn binded like that does 15 damage? and you got 50 Hp by that point? and that she can easily chain it by binding you the moment you struggle out. Thanks game :hate:

I know this might sound like a rant, because it probably is a rant in terms of combat. the story is looking up pretty well actually.

Translator Dargoth got a translation patch for the trial.

http://dargothtranslations.wordpress.com/

is his first post there.

It also takes FOREVER AND A HALF to level up, because you pretty much got three separate XP types

SP EXP
MP EXP
HP EXP

all of which you get from fights, but in different ammounts. pretty much HP EXP is the one you gain the most, mostly 22-30 (in the trial never went above that) but the gain for MP and SP are sooo small, even then you need like 300 XP to level up HP, so its gonna be a pretty grind heavy game, which I HATE with a passion.

Nick115
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Nick115 »

The only thing i have to say about my experience is.....
Bozo has to use loli Illias.
No objections.
He has to.
That is all.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

Your Heros are their monsters, and your heaven is their hell, and vice versa, but to me, you're all wrong, and you will forever be wrong as long as you see the world in black and white.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

There's also a loli Illias, you have the option of choosing her
[youtube]76RrdwElnTU[/youtube]
My voice has finally been heard

I was looking forward for this twist of events since the ending of Part 2 (an option that let you choose the heavenly side and fight alongside her instead of having to play "dark knight" role in order to gain some cloaca).

Better late (EXTREMELY LATE) than never... So long brazen and abrasive adder, I won't be needing you anymore. ^^
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Scrapmaster wrote:Translator Dargoth got a translation patch for the trial.

http://dargothtranslations.wordpress.com/

is his first post there.
That's some seriously good news. If he translated the Trial, that means he'll probably translate the Full Game once it's out! Yay! :goodjob:
Nick115
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Nick115 »

Anymore info or?

hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

Well i've been watching a lets play of the partially translated demo where luka has a childhood friend named Sonya who's a priest at the church. she's also the daughter of Karen one of the people who died at hte monster lords castle in the original game also
the latest episode i saw has the loli illias give out major spoilers to MGQ and it suggests that loli illias is infact the illias from MGQ

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
Nick115
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Nick115 »

hothead1021 wrote:Well i've been watching a lets play of the partially translated demo where luka has a childhood friend named Sonya who's a priest at the church. she's also the daughter of Karen one of the people who died at hte monster lords castle in the original game also
the latest episode i saw has the loli illias give out major spoilers to MGQ and it suggests that loli illias is infact the illias from MGQ
WHERE IS THIS LETS PLAY?
I want to watch it.