MGQ Discussion Thread

Basic discussion thread regarding MGQ

Discussions and profiles of the Monster Girl Quest game are here.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Re: MGQ Discussion Thread

Post by Creator_Drake »

That's hilarious Feathers!
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

MGQ3

Post by Creator_Drake »

The day we've all been waiting for, may be in sight yet...

http://roguetranslations.wordpress.com/ ... /#comments

(Feathers: Moved post to MGQ forum.)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Can't say I'm too excited, there is no harpies this time around right? :wail:
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Who knows? we'll have to wait and see.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

In case you haven't noticed, the English Trial is out.

http://roguetranslations.wordpress.com/ ... ish-trial/

It seems like everybody's having troubles with mediafire lately.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Anyone want to review it? I'm hesitant to try an MGQ game. ^^;
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Post by Observer »

I think I'll wait until the full version.
Spoiler: show
Not really interested in Cupid. Though after seeing a few CGs on /mgqg/ I thought it was kind of amusing when it turned out Cupid was punishing sinners as an excuse to rape men. Dat ahegao.
Also, did you know they found battle icons for the Four Heavenly Knights in the game files?

More info here: http://monstergirlquest.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_3/demo
"I like to watch."
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Evil Cupid? MGQ3 is even more depraved than I could of imagined. :^^;:

It's a wonder why the hentai writers can't think of new names for creatures, and keep grabbing ancient names from myths. Has humanity lost it's creativity? Hmm..
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

I love how cute cupid is when she doing paizuri, I "lost" to her several time.
usar
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Hunter
Favorite Monster Type: Wolf, Cat, Reptile Types

Post by usar »

Feathers wrote: It's a wonder why the hentai writers can't think of new names for creatures, and keep grabbing ancient names from myths. Has humanity lost it's creativity? Hmm..
I think it has unique charm ;) new names wouldn't be nice.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

You d have a point, I guess it can be seen like that, but still it can be to nice to mix new with the old. Alice was a good example of a "new" type, since she's so unique, so it's not all bad for either side now that I think about it.. ^^
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

since she's so unique
Alice is an uber MGE's Echidna.
Even Echidna's book expansion was retconned to make her more similar to Alice.
MGE Echidna's book expansion wrote: Because it is instinctual for them to accept superior humans as husbands, they can sense the existence of humans who will eventually become heroes. It is said that among the echidna there are some who raised their own men with their own hands before they even showed the slightest potential as heroes, supporting them from the side, helping them grow, and then in the future mating with them, drowning them in pleasure, and taking them prisoner.
Does the bold text bear a resemblance with what Alice was doing for most of arc 1 and the whole arc 2? (Even if her reason was different and moronic)
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Had no idea since I haven't read the MGE profiles for almost 2 years and even then it wasn't much. Never peeked at the book either, as it didn't really interest me.

I meant something different when I said that (names not used from old myths), but nevermind. ^^; It would make sense that the MGQ borrowed MGE concepts since it's artist is involved though..
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Personality wise you meant by any chance? The she's not that unique in that area either... Her personality is an amalgam of archtypes mashed together...
But this is not the place to discuss this (And I don't think I'll keep pressing that matter any further on the proper place, considering the large amount of fanbase she's gathered... it seems like an unwise move).
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

(You can discuss anything MGQ related here if you would like. It's nice for discussions that keep changing like this one did. General discussion threads here are like that. If it was ALL about Alice for 5 posts or so it would probably be better to carry it on to her topic though.)

I meant that you don't see many lamiae who resemble Alice's unique (and creepy) physical makeup very much. I'll drop that now, since my opinion barely matters on the matter. ^^;

As for personalities yeah, I think that most personalities are pretty much mash ups or copy pastes these days. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing a same character over and over. It's probably because many people with my interests all get their inspiration from the same sources (I notice after Okayado's harpy was created, a lot of newer harpy characters act a lot like her- playful, ditzy, carefree, etc. and it's getting over used now). My friend Blake actually has a lot of similar thoughts and ideas as my own, and it turns out we practically played ALL thee same games and (almost) liked the same things, so it made sense.

Personally, I didn't like any characters (no, not even the harpies) in MGQ so we're probably on the same page in Alice's case. Now artwork designs, different story..in some cases good/great (Harpy and Harpy Twins <3), and other cases bad.

I've seen games with multiple artists that work out well (Unchained Blades) in my experience, but in MGQ I really didn't care for it.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I wouldn't go that far though...
There are some likeable characters here and there after all...

I'm not really fond of Luka, who suffers from what I usually call the "Shirou syndrome" (if you've played the Fate visual novels or seen the anime both arc 1 and 2 you should get what I'm saying)... Out of the four heavenly knights I only like two of them (Alma Elma and Granberia) and despise one with a passion (Elvettie), the elementals are quite likeable though (Sylph is adorable).
I truly enjoyed Illias' perspective (I might explain this on her thread if I ever feel like it), but her character was ruined by the end of chapter 2.

As for Alice... Well... She's MGQ's idol... Everbody and their grandomthers love her, she's got a huge fanbase everywhere (even here, where several staff members (including the place's second in command) are really fond of her),so I have to choose my words carefully when referring to her...since it's basically stepping into thin ice.

But there are plenty of likeable characters in the cast if you take your sweet time to dive in the the plot, I genuinely liked the harpies (being the harpy arc my favorite in the whole chapter 1), the same could be applied to four bandit children (I love the vampire girl and the tiny lamia specially), the kitsune is too adorable... as it's the nekomata... I think that the king of Sabasa is actually badass (he reminds me of Fate Zero's Rider in some ways)...

Simply put: There are many forgettable characters, but there are quite a few likeable if you give them a chance.

.P.S.:
Now artwork designs, different story..in some cases good, and other cases bad.
Please, don't remind me that... I consider MGQ as the M.U.G.E.N of the visual novels...
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Well I'd hate to say anything negative about a harpy (still love their designs though, mind you), but I do have some my own opinions about the harpies. It's hard as a lover of all harpies to see them portrayed as fertilized egg dispensers.

It's basically impossible for me to like a character who rapes (especially the character I play). As um..interesting as the rape scenes might have been with the harpies, the rape dialogue really really killed the characters for me. Impure harpies aren't really my thing. If the dialogue wasn't so vulgar, it could have passed as "innocent rape" I suppose (such as Suu's "rape" when she needed water, I didn't like it, but it was still bearable since it was innocent).

The harpies were just downright sadistic, self serving, and uncaring (especially how they broke up families and stole husbands). Their dialogue literally made me sick to my stomach the first time reading it, so much that I re-edited my in-game text so that I could actually enjoy it my own way. Even the first harpy was about to rape a little boy..that's just wrong..so wrong. I can't admire a harpy like that, no matter what. :( Still, there was good turn of events for them at the end of the harpy scenario, so at least it did leave something nice to hope for when it comes to the future generations of harpies.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

I agree with you that I actually dislike them.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

MGQ3 Official Release Date
Roguetranslator wrote:Going on sale in Japan on June 1st. So that means it could be anytime from around noon May 31st to noon Saturday the 1st for people in the EST time zone. So you could be playing it (in Japanese) in 8 days from now!

Source: Official site http://mon110.sakura.ne.jp/mong/top.html (「もんむすくえすと!終章」2013年6月1日(土)発売決定!)
Prepare your chastity belt folks, cause it's going to be epic as hell.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

I don't need chastity belt when I got a good amount of tissue rolls.

Can't wait to see Illias's rape screen