MGQ Discussion Thread

Basic discussion thread regarding MGQ

Discussions and profiles of the Monster Girl Quest game are here.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: MGQ Discussion Thread

Post by Scrapmaster »

PAZ wrote:I don't need chastity belt when I got a good amount of tissue rolls.

Can't wait to see Illias's rape screen

where did you find that?
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

Scrapmaster wrote:where did you find that?
Its MGQ3's icon on dlsite.
Pierce wrote:Prepare your chastity belt folks, cause it's going to be epic as hell.
Let me get mine...ack! Its gone! Wait, there's a note... "I need it more than you." ...Well, there's only one thing to do now. *Takes knife.*

Jokes aside I'm looking forward to playing it, I really wonder how the story will end.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Woot, Alice sex screen is just...
ShadowBladeX
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Demonic Shadow Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Salamander, Lilim, Vampire

Post by ShadowBladeX »

So...Yeah. Got nothing on MGU because of my timing of the release of part three (Damn I should have waited on that. >.<) so I thought that I should ask here.
So with the release of the third part, I honestly wanted to ask something of the people who are fans of the work (And because I asked before and I can't for the life of me remember what the responses were, nor do i feel like going back through tons of posts to find it. >.<).

I was curious as to the appeal of both the story and the characters in general. How is the story exactly? Is it shallow on the surface with a deeper meaning to it or is it just a preface for sexy times while trying to be deep and not working out?

As well, how are the characters? Do they start as cliches and move on to become deeper characters or do they just give off the illusion of such and need outside imagination to fill in the gaps? Like Luka's and Alice's relationship. How does that evolve and do either characters actually grow from where they start? Does their relationship actually differ at all, like Alice coming to respect Luka and showing it without the tsundere attitude or Luka growing as a character and not taking everything that is thrown at him? Is there ever a point in the game where the player can have Luka do a response that could make sense to them (Like, if they get tired of Alice's attitude for example and have Luka say something about it), only to have the game say otherwise with a scene that punishes them for it?

Also, how is the monster/human component in the game? Any humans that are notable and effective as characters or are they all one offs for the monsters? Any monsters that are the same? Is the relationship between the two groups anvilicious or actually explained and well thought out/executed? Like, is one group to purely blame for the problems that arise or is there both good and bad with both groups, with the game acknowledging it well?
Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! - Sergeant Avery Johnson (Halo)

My favorite monster girls (Names for those whom I remember. Will update when I come up with more names.
Spoiler: show
Number one spot: Liandra Aria (Salamander)/Lady Ryong (Ryu)
Serena Drakemore(Elf)
Tiamat (Dragon)
Leona DeLocke (Dark Elf)
Victoria Degale(Alp)
Xentheria - Lilim
Elizabeth (Eliza) Fatima(Lizardman)
Witch
Nova (Ignis)
Akira (Werewolf)
Sarah Del Rizer (Vampire)
BlueSalamander
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: you make a mamono cry u dead
Favorite Monster Type: ushi oni, anubis, houstauros

Post by BlueSalamander »

for Jesus love plz someone find a download link that not damage or crash
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Pierce Edit: Provided link removed.
Rule Nine wrote:
Do not post pirated or copyrighted material on our forum. This includes posting links to such material located offsite, links to torrents, or even discussions of how to pirate something.
Citation: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=365#p1876
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

However, I can give exception to links provided strictly in Private Messages only. Ask peacekeeper if you want the link.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

...For the love of god, please tell me this is a 'shop.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.

Post by Scrapmaster »

Flare wrote:Image

...For the love of god, please tell me this is a 'shop.
Thats Illias in the new game+ mod for you... it gets worse
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Silly587
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Writer Enthusiast
Favorite Monster Type: Leanan Sidhe

Post by Silly587 »

Pierce wrote:However, I can give exception to links provided strictly in Private Messages only. Ask peacekeeper if you want the link.
I think I'm going to wait for the english release. Last I checked, it was still Japanese.
"Someday, all your dreams will come true, but I will always be myself" - Ruby, Silly587's Leanan Sidhe
"You don't need a reason to help other people" - Silly587
"The secret ingredient to the secret ingredient soup is - nothing. To make something special, you just have to believe it's special" - Kung Fu Panda
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

To clarify, Peacekeeper's original link was the japanese game, but yeah it's probably going to take under 2 months for a complete translation of part 3.
ManyEyedHydra
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None

Post by ManyEyedHydra »

ShadowBladeX wrote:So...Yeah. Got nothing on MGU because of my timing of the release of part three (Damn I should have waited on that. >.<) so I thought that I should ask here.
So with the release of the third part, I honestly wanted to ask something of the people who are fans of the work (And because I asked before and I can't for the life of me remember what the responses were, nor do i feel like going back through tons of posts to find it. >.<).

I was curious as to the appeal of both the story and the characters in general. How is the story exactly? Is it shallow on the surface with a deeper meaning to it or is it just a preface for sexy times while trying to be deep and not working out?

As well, how are the characters? Do they start as cliches and move on to become deeper characters or do they just give off the illusion of such and need outside imagination to fill in the gaps? Like Luka's and Alice's relationship. How does that evolve and do either characters actually grow from where they start? Does their relationship actually differ at all, like Alice coming to respect Luka and showing it without the tsundere attitude or Luka growing as a character and not taking everything that is thrown at him? Is there ever a point in the game where the player can have Luka do a response that could make sense to them (Like, if they get tired of Alice's attitude for example and have Luka say something about it), only to have the game say otherwise with a scene that punishes them for it?

Also, how is the monster/human component in the game? Any humans that are notable and effective as characters or are they all one offs for the monsters? Any monsters that are the same? Is the relationship between the two groups anvilicious or actually explained and well thought out/executed? Like, is one group to purely blame for the problems that arise or is there both good and bad with both groups, with the game acknowledging it well?
I think you got wrecked on the timing of the post. The game was released right after and everyone went into spoiler tag frenzy.

The story is really good. The characters are also strong. It also has some of the most imaginative sex scenes (even if they might repulse some in equal measure). They even get a lot of juice out of a very simple combat engine. Violated Hero beats it on better and more consistent artwork, but otherwise MGQ is probably better on nearly every metric versus every similar game out there.

The story matches mainstream fantasy games for depth and epicness. At the start it's Luka bumbling around the world and Alice making fun of him. Chapter 3 is much more serious. The back story of how the world got as it was wouldn't look out of place in a normal fantasy epic. Their god, Ilias, is mad and has been lying to them all the while. There are quite a few allusions that are deftly handled. Promenstein is clearly a mash up of Prometheus and Frankenstein. Normally that would just be a cool name to give an evil scientist and leave it at that. Then you get her back story and realise the name has much more significant meaning. It might be "just a disgusting sex game", but it probably has a far deeper story than a lot of 'serious' rpgs

The character growth is pretty good. Luka is naive and idealistic to the point of buttmonkey-dom near the start. Alice makes fun of him most of the time, but clearly sees something that she likes. Luka gets more believable as a hero as the game progresses (if you ignore all the non-canon game overs where he loses and is humiliated). There's a fight in part three where Alice suggests a strategy and Luka suggests a different strategy, and you go with Luka's suggestion because at that point you know he's right. By the end Alice and Luka are fighting side by side as equals. Also, for Alice's sarky putdowns, you know she really feels for Luka. A semi-spoiler, but Luka has to recontract again with all the spirits and this time has to have sex with them to make it work. Even with crappy machine translations it's really clear Alice loathes that Luka is doing this, but knows it has to be done.

Even minor characters have a fair bit of depth and some of the characters from the past two chapters turn out to have important roles in the third chapter. Even team evil, Ilias's generals have their own separate agendas. (poor poor Cupid...)

The story is rock-solid. You could take out all the sex and would still have something comparable to Berserk or Claymore.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Yo guys, look at what I found!
Is this for real? It DOES look like an official screenshot, but it's just too good to believe. :perv: :nosebleed:
ManyEyedHydra
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None

Post by ManyEyedHydra »

Blake81 wrote:Yo guys, look at what I found!
Is this for real? It DOES look like an official screenshot, but it's just too good to believe. :perv: :nosebleed:
It's real
One night at the castle you get the options to talk to everyone. After talking to Granberia she leaves and there's an option to follow her. She has a practice fight with Alma Elma and gets pwned by pleasure attacks (42-0 to Alma Elma apparently). I don't think it even comes up in the monsterpedia
Maritan
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Wandering Artist
Favorite Monster Type: Men

Post by Maritan »

So guys...
Who here saw it coming that Ilias was a horror from beyond the stars that assumed the role of god? Because I sure as hell didn't see that one coming.
Last edited by Maritan on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

Maritan wrote:So guys...
Who here saw it coming that Ilias was a horror from beyond the stars that assumed the role of god? Because I sure as hell didn't see that one coming.
Well you know what they say...
"If their ugly and cruel on the inside, chances are they are cruel and ugly on the outside. Honestly it doesn't really surprise me at all. But I'll still wait till I can play the game before judging.
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Maritan
Magician
Magician

Post by Maritan »

Pokemonaces wrote:
"If their ugly and cruel on the inside, chances are they are cruel and ugly on the outside. Honestly it doesn't really surprise me at all. But I'll still wait till I can play the game before judging.
Well, me and Gullin did translate a little bit.
She's not as cruel as people think she is. Like Alice, she's a victim of her own title. The ending is very bittersweet when you realize you couldn't save her too. If translations are correct anyway.
Temishi
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: Just a simple lolicon
Favorite Monster Type: Sylph's love slave.

Post by Temishi »

._. That image will forever be burned into my retinas, tormenting my every waking moment until the sweet release of sleep comes to take me, only to find that my subconscious is a serious jerkass and will probably give me a dream for the first time in months only to have that in it.

Or until I find a loli to stare at. Whichever happens first. :lol:
.__. but no, I didn't see cthulhu Ilias coming in the slightest. Didn't even realize it was her in that cg until you told me. That Ilias was a victim as much as anyone else is something I would have never been able to predict in even the most epilectic forests.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

Maritan wrote:
Pokemonaces wrote:
She's not as cruel as people think she is. Like Alice, she's a victim of her own title. The ending is very bittersweet when you realize you couldn't save her too. If translations are correct anyway.
Ah I did have suspicions since she always seemed to be ignorant of her own actions, thinking she can rectify her reasons for the massacre she endowed because of her belief that it would be better that way. In summation I think she was just confused of what to do, and was too far in to change her course of action. As cruel as Ilias can be, I still want to see her kind side, after all she is an angel.
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Maritan
Magician
Magician

Post by Maritan »

Pokemonaces wrote:
Maritan wrote:
Pokemonaces wrote:
Ah I did have suspicions since she always seemed to be ignorant of her own actions, thinking she can rectify her reasons for the massacre she endowed because of her belief that it would be better that way. In summation I think she was just confused of what to do, and was too far in to change her course of action. As cruel as Ilias can be, I still want to see her kind side, after all she is an angel.
I can post the tiny bit of dialogue me and gullin got out of it in spoilers if you want.
It'll be sad though.