MGQ Discussion Thread

Basic discussion thread regarding MGQ

Discussions and profiles of the Monster Girl Quest game are here.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Re: MGQ Discussion Thread

Post by Pokemonaces »

Really, that would be much appreciated Maritan :D
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Maritan
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Wandering Artist
Favorite Monster Type: Men

Post by Maritan »

Pokemonaces wrote:Really, that would be much appreciated Maritan :D
Spoiler: show
For eternity I was alone...
Trapped in the darkness with no one to talk to
Because I was lonely I split a copy of myself off of me but it was useless
but I hope one day it can be my equal"
Then after eons passed, the people on earth began to yearn for god.
I heard them and came and acted as their god
I became god and forgot my loneliness.
The humans began to need me as god and I became their god because I needed them
This is all I got, also that last bit could be
because they needed me
As well.
Either way, Ilias seemed to have been doing all of this out of a fear of being discarded. She also guides luka all the way to the end until the final confrontation with her.(This part here I am not sure about. Except for her stats and damage...) And despite her fucking 500k HP and 10/12k damage attacks, she instead tries to make Luka surrender and goes out of her way to make sure he doesn't die while all of the heavenly knights wail on her and fall one by one. In her final H-Scene she admits to having feelings for him as well.(As I said I am not sure about this part, because this one came from one of 4chan's MGQ General threads on /vg/)
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun

Post by Pokemonaces »

Ah ha! So my suspicions were right on par, I knew Ilias must have had a good reason to come to Luka, after all, it is a bit odd that he chose Luka of all people to hunt down the Monster Lord, in which he grown attatched to and now was against him, yet despite his protest, Ilias still had a shred of humanity in her and wanted Luka alive. As for her acting as a god to humans so that she won't be discarded and forgotten, there was a very similiar case in a videogame called Xenoblade, I won't spoil it for those who want to play the game, but the god of Xenoblade also started the purging of all living beings and do a repetitive cycle of human creation so that the God would never be forgotten as time passed by. It was a hunch of mine and I was right.
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

Completed part 3 a while ago (I got part 3 two days after it came out) and I was surprised to see how "original" some monsters were, by original I mean pretty freaky, not that it bothers me but I'm sure some people will probably go "WTF!?" a lot. Of course there's plenty of hot and not freaky looking ones as well.
Temishi wrote:._. That image will forever be burned into my retinas, tormenting my every waking moment until the sweet release of sleep comes to take me, only to find that my subconscious is a serious jerkass and will probably give me a dream for the first time in months only to have that in it.

Or until I find a loli to stare at. Whichever happens first.
Well, it you think that's bad, you haven't seen Xelvy's art, that guy/gal is good at making very scary/freaky looking MGs.(But if you ask me I still find them hot.)
Maritan
Magician
Magician

Post by Maritan »

Pokemonaces wrote:
Ah ha! So my suspicions were right on par, I knew Ilias must have had a good reason to come to Luka, after all, it is a bit odd that he chose Luka of all people to hunt down the Monster Lord, in which he grown attatched to and now was against him, yet despite his protest, Ilias still had a shred of humanity in her and wanted Luka alive. As for her acting as a god to humans so that she won't be discarded and forgotten, there was a very similiar case in a videogame called Xenoblade, I won't spoil it for those who want to play the game, but the god of Xenoblade also started the purging of all living beings and do a repetitive cycle of human creation so that the God would never be forgotten as time passed by. It was a hunch of mine and I was right.
If it's true she was holding back, Luka is lucky she was then. Because the boss before her had HP of like 65k or something? While her in her true form had an insane 600k. That was utterly fucking crazy.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun

Post by Pokemonaces »

Maritan wrote:
Pokemonaces wrote:
If it's true she was holding back, Luka is lucky she was then. Because the boss before her had HP of like 65k or something? While her in her true form had an insane 600k. That was utterly fucking crazy.
Luka better be damn well able to dish out a ton of damage as well, otherwise it will be another one of those ultra extensive boss fights where you have to heal like every 5 turns and you only dealt a portion amount of damage the duration you attacked, that would be quiet tedious

Maritan
Magician
Magician

Post by Maritan »

Pokemonaces wrote:
Maritan wrote:
Pokemonaces wrote:
Luka better be damn well able to dish out a ton of damage as well, otherwise it will be another one of those ultra extensive boss fights where you have to heal like every 5 turns and you only dealt a portion amount of damage the duration you attacked, that would be quiet tedious
You barely do that much actually...
A good part of the fight is the other heavenly knights showing up, attacking Ilias, barely hurting her and acting as meat shields while she relentlessly pummels them to the ground with ease.
Then Michiela or something, I forget the name, shows up and deals like 2x 60k damage and retreats with a near dead granberia. The last remainder of the fight is hitting her until she FINALLY decides to go all out and by then she's weakened enough for a 6 elemental quadrupal giga with Alice acting as the shield while they power it up
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Dunno if anyone has noticed, but the first partial ENG patch of MGQ3 is out. It's a 37% patch.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

While that's awesome Blake, I'm going to wait for the full patch before I put a foothold in the game.
Theorem
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Ghoul Haiena
Favorite Monster Type: Vampire Slime Ghoul

Post by Theorem »

I didn't know where to post that. I guessed it was the best section for it ^^
So, I was browsing the monster girl quest wikia, chapter 3... and I met this :

I can't say why it interest me so much but I'm feeling really curious about that monster girl.
Who is she ?
Why is she like that ?

I'm only supposing that she is an angel turned into a mad cock sucker (alias ghouls in KC background), a cursed undead angel ?
Is someone having any informations about this blind undead angel ?
Artworks made by Butter-T
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

I'm wonder what significance of that blindfold is now, since the Angel in Shin Megami Tensei wears it as well..
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun

Post by Pokemonaces »

Oh my...she may be a sex crazed girl...judging from the restraints...and that drooling mouth...just begging to be french kissed or cock f***ed... :blushing:

Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Scrapmaster »

New update on rogue's blog

62% translation patch, gonna take a while for him to release 100% due to work problems and life so we might get it at the last month of the year or someday around that
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

Time will tell, only then we'll get the proper conclusion instead of spoiled images.
Theorem
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Theorem »

Guys, I really need help !
- spoiler inside about MGQ 3 -
I'm fighting the Sister Lamia in MGQ 3
I just can't make it, she always beat me after a very long fight where I just continu switching between serene mind and fallen angel dance :nono:
It's madness, she just consumm my SP points and I can't make it.
I almost take half her life bar but that's it, I can't.
Please, give me a way to fight her ! :hate:
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Theorem wrote:Guys, I really need help !
- spoiler inside about MGQ 3 -
I'm fighting the Sister Lamia in MGQ 3
I just can't make it, she always beat me after a very long fight where I just continu switching between serene mind and fallen angel dance :nono:
It's madness, she just consumm my SP points and I can't make it.
I almost take half her life bar but that's it, I can't.
Please, give me a way to fight her ! :hate:

8 Sp skill

use serene mind and keep going, when she uses earth element use fallen angel dance, which is wind element so it counters, keep building your SP, when you can, use the 8 Sp move

Serene mind= any monsters hits less
Fallen angel dance = good against angels and earth element
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Theorem
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Theorem »

If I use Daystar, how can I use Meditation in case of low health ?
It's so difficult !
Looks like you must finish the fight as quickly as possible.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Theorem wrote:If I use Daystar, how can I use Meditation in case of low health ?
It's so difficult !
Looks like you must finish the fight as quickly as possible.
Some fights you just gotta do it quick, or else you're dead, some, almost every fight in the end of the game gotta be done quick if it isn't a boss, just go all out from the start, after you get sylph back, just go all out from the start because, chances are: you're gonna lost all your sp if you keep changing summons in it which is not very good
Later on you will be able to use a once-a-fight skill from Alice, which I recommend being the full heal, which gets you to full health without wasting SP, once per fight though

Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Post by Observer »

So, has anyone been following ToroToro's blog? They've been working on a new game:
http://dlsite.blogimg.jp/RG07939/imgs/e/d/ed9a359d.png

Here's a translated list of features:
http://dargothtranslations.wordpress.co ... -torotoro/

Supposedly it's based on RPG Maker, whatever that is.
"I like to watch."
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Being an RPG:

Some updated information from Torotoro about gameplay and Classes/jobs/races
The story is feature length. It will be considerably longer than your typical Gaiden (side story).
-Monsters will appear from previous chapters, however only the main character and some popular characters will get new H-scenes
-There may be a few new H-scenes for a small number of the returning generic monsters
-There will, however, be a large number of new monsters showing up.
-Both new and old monsters can be made into companions

-When with a monster companion the enemy will use pleasure attacks against them.
-There will be a few events were you get a male companion, though he stresses that the number of male companion events is vastly outnumbered by female companions.
-When with a male companion the enemy monster uses physical attacks and/or magic against them. (In other words Luka and female companions will be the only ones who receive pleasure attacks)
-Luka will always be the victim of pleasure attacks, of course.
-There will be some monsters that use physical/magical attacks on Luka but the frequency in which they use those attacks are low.
-As you would expect, upon defeat you get raped by the monster girl.

-Both SP and MP are present. SP is consumed when you use physical skills while MP is for magic.
-SP works kind of like it would in Monmusu Quest
-In practice you start battles with half of your maximum SP
-1 point of SP is gained through normal attacks and defense, expend these to perform sword attacks or activate special defensive skills.
-Acquired SP is reset back to half of your max at the start of every battle so there's no point in attempting to stockpile it for future battles. Because it always resets to half you can get a lot of use out of SP in short length battles against small fry.
-MP is consumed through the use of magic, much like any of your typical RPGs.
-You can recover MP at an inn or through consumable items. Unlike SP, MP will not reset at the start of combat. Therefore it's recommended that you use your MP sparingly against weaker enemies and save them for longer battles, like bosses.

-Now for the Job system
-The jobs are seperated into three levels. General, Senior, and Top Class.
-Illias temples act as job change facilities. You can freely change your vocation there so long as you meet the change requirements.
-Each occupation has 10 levels. Experience is earned in these jobs by defeating monsters.
-As you level up your job you will earn skills related to it.
-Once you reach level 10 you will have "mastered" that job.
-Your job will affect the base stats of the character. Some will lean towards physical proficiency, others will boost magic, and so on.
-Changing to some jobs will require an item, for example House Maid will require "Maid Permit", Nurse will require "Medical License", and Ninja will require "Oriental Book of Secrets".
-Jobs that require items can be switched to so long as you have the item. Senior positions for other jobs require mastery (level 10) of lower positions. (i.e Swordsman can become a Warrior at job level 10)
-Higher level jobs will have access to some of the lower job level's skills.
-Mastery of the Senior positions grants you access to Top Class jobs (i.e. a "Pirate" can become "King of PIrates"), however there may be some other prerequisites that you need to complete.
-There are going to be around 150 jobs in the game
-It's theoretically possible to master them all however it will take a lot of effort.

-Alongside the Job class system is "Race". Race will be attributed to your companions.
-Like the Job class system there are three Race levels. General, Senior, and Superlative.
(Examples of general race: Human, Slime, Elf, Lamia, Scylla, Succubus, Magical Beast, etc.)
-Also like the Job class system, leveling up your Race class gets you new skills. When the current Race is mastered at level 10 you can evolve to a higher level species.
-When moving to a new Race rank you can choose what your new race will specialize in.
For Example:
>Slime becomes Mega Slime. Now choose what specialization it branches into.
>-Carnivorous Slime (Attack type, a lot of skills related to consumption and digestion are mastered)
>-Slime of Healing (Healing type, learns more recovery skills)
>-Lunatic Magical Beast (Power type, a lot of techniques relating to power are acquired)
>-Speed Beast (Speed type, skills that make the best use of speed are acquired)
-The level after Senior Race classes, Superlative, work the same way.
-If you master a large number of Superlative classes of a single race you might just unlock the Queen (class I assume)...
-High mastery also means you can access races that exceed their bodily frame (i.e. Slime to Dragon, Lamia to Scylla, etc.), these are impossible to acquire at early stages.
-However, if the monster naturally supports two or more races then it can change between them much earlier. (For example: A Zombie Dragon can access both the Zombie and Dragon routes of the race system early on)
-There are around 200 race classes
-Though it is theoretically possible to master them all it would take a huge amount of effort.

-Difficulty can be adjusted at any time. From Easy to Devil/Brutal difficulty.
-Combat speed is configurable, to the point were turns end so fast you won't be able to read anything
-On the world Map you can dash by holding down a button. The speed of your dash is configurable. You can also set it to "always dash" so you don't have to hold down the button
-In conversation or battle scenes you can skip through text with the skip button. It can also be set to "Auto mode" during H-scenes.
-The game uses the random encounter system
-You can acquire accessories that lower or outright stop random encounters.

He also Posted some art for three monsters
A lamia
A Kappa
A villager...I guess?