Team Fortress 2

Time to be credit to team!

A sub-forum dedicated to online gaming, and online games.
Fanfic Fetishist
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Deus Ex Epsilon
Favorite Monster Type: All Epsilon Pokegirls
Location: In the background of Epsilon, building the world bit by bit

Team Fortress 2

Post by Fanfic Fetishist »

Anyone else play this? It's my current favorite game right now. I prefer to play on BLU, and main Medic and Engineer, with Heavy and Pyro as my secondaries.
Check out Pokegirls Epsilon!:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=923

Let no one tell you how to live! Define yourself by your own will! Be a storm unto yourself!
Darkness, Light, there is no difference. Stand tall, embrace both, and you can find the true path!
http://www.f-list.net/c/fanfic%20fetishist/
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: Team Fortress 2

Post by Feathers »

Main Medic and Engineer as well. Soldier and Pyro when I'm bored.
Fanfic Fetishist
Moon
Moon

Healers unite, then! Maybe we'll see each other in-game sometime.

I go by KnightMysterio on Steam.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=923

Let no one tell you how to live! Define yourself by your own will! Be a storm unto yourself!
Darkness, Light, there is no difference. Stand tall, embrace both, and you can find the true path!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I'd have to make a new Steam account I forgot my password, it's been a while since I've played. ^^; HEAL POWER!! *high wing*
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Post by Observer »

If you guys organize something, I'll go back to playing.
"I like to watch."
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

I main Pyro when I used to play. I was often called the "Ninja Pyro" since I had a habit of popping out of nowhere.

I also played Engie.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

What if TF2 was real?

Post by Feathers »

Live action TF2 at its best.

[youtube]piZrjDTx2eg[/youtube]
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59468 ... 8E866169B/

Have a screenshot (Linked because it's big.) that I had saved, where it shows what happons with proper sentry placement, and a gunslinger.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/RSF_S_Hawk ... 639140002/?

Also, bot friendship, or something more?
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

I am a sniper, scout and medic player
ShadowTengu
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Sky Pirate
Favorite Monster Type: Sylph, Bicorn

Post by ShadowTengu »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36BXid7iQ0

Just stumbled on this particular fad today whilst browsing tvtropes. Needless to say my day has been made...
Chaos
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Gentleman Lich
Favorite Monster Type: Oni, Ogre, Goblins and such

Post by Chaos »

I generally play as a sniper, Demolition man, or an Engineer. My least touched classes are probly Heavy and Medic. ^^;
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Post by Observer »

I play as an Engineer and a Heavy, sometimes as Soldier or Pyro.
"I like to watch."
ShadowTengu
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by ShadowTengu »

I usually play whatever the team needs at the time. No medics? I'll switch to medic for the round. We have only one or no engineers? Excuse me while I erect this dispenser. Other team classing mostly soldier? Swap to Pyro. Teams at a stalemate on ctf? Scout's here for the unlikely capture. The only class I don't end up playing is the spy. I fail at stealth.

And this isn't even getting into the different loadouts I use. Here's a couple for reference;

Defensive pyro: Flamethrower, laser pistol(forgot what it's called), and the homewrecker. I use this loadout to cover friendly engineer encampments. The laser pistol is great because it's secondary fire extinguishes people and gets garaunteed crits because of it. Plus nothing is more satisfying than airblasting someone into sentry fire, or taking a sapper off a building after the engineer bites it.

Blitz medic: Blutzager, Kritzkreig, and Ubersaw. This loadout is all about offense, stab people with the ubersaw when they get close and keep yourself healthy with the vamp gun. And then unleash the critical ubercharge storm once you (Quickly) get charged!

Sweeper scout: Soda popper, Winger, and sun on a stick. Another offense loadout but this one's about taking out the other team. The winger is a fantastic long range option to take out heavys because they can't accurately hit you from a distance while you're sitting pretty popping 20+ damage with every pull of the trigger. Sun on a stick is well worth the reduction in attack because once you start coordinating with friendly pyros the enemies start dropping like flies. The soda popper is self explanatory.

Attack Engineer: Any shotgun, Wrangler, Gunslinger. This one is hilarious. Start match, build mini sentry, pick it up, walk toward enemy, deploy, switch to wrangler, ???, profit!

And that's just a couple of the crazier ideas that I use.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I switch a lot myself too, that's what I liked most about TF2. It's always changing and balance must be preserved to help the team become successful. I mainly stopped playing because I miss "vallina" TF2. I don't care for hats, bows, boxing gloves, insta-build sentries, etc..I probably couldn't go back to even the old one now though, I'm too hooked on MOBA games.

By the way..entertaining video here (if you like the AYB meme).

[youtube]gX_LXN_XYdo[/youtube]
ShadowTengu
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by ShadowTengu »

I know what you mean Feathers... I remember playing back on the 360... My problem back then was that there wasn't as much variety as there is now... I guess the simplicity was nice back then but nowadays I couldn't live without the scout having the force of nature.

... So anybody have any strategies they like to use a lot on certain maps?

I for one like blocking one of the entrances to the base on 2fort with a dispenser(Typically the top of the rising hallway out of the intel room) and have my sentry cover the other side(Placed just outside the spawn on the intel entrance side above that little courtyard) Nothing outside of an uber or soldier rush can break it!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I almost exclusively play supportive and defensive. I liked taking out targets that people tend to ignore (snipers, spies, campers, etc.) or assist allies that are having a hard time. Funny enough doing this would usually gets my team the wins. See a sniper or engy getting picked on by a spy? Roll Pyro. See a heavy getting beat on? Roll Medic. That darn scout keep stealing flag and no one can stop him? Roll scout. Sniper killing the entire team? Roll Spy. Some people seem so stuck on playing their main class and forget to contribute to the team, so I tend to take care of that little problem. ;)
ShadowTengu
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by ShadowTengu »

I know how you feel. Speaking of the people who get stuck playing only one class, there is nothing funnier than sneaking up on a sniper who's scoped in with a heavy and just wasting him with chaingun fire... Actually I may try to get the scout's taunt kill on one of those guys who just stand still trying to pick off other snipers... >:3

Also, have you ever been on the receiving end of a demoknight who's absolutely rolling over your team? It sucks!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Demoknight? O_O I assume that refers to their new "Highlander" sword? I quit around the time the "Angel Halo" hat (I was excited have gotten one) was released, so anything after that I still haven't seen yet. Still, imagining a swordsman cutting through my team sounds bothersome. >_>
Fanfic Fetishist
Moon
Moon

Feathers wrote:Demoknight? O_O I assume that refers to their new "Highlander" sword? I quit around the time the "Angel Halo" hat (I was excited have gotten one) was released, so anything after that I still haven't seen yet. Still, imagining a swordsman cutting through my team sounds bothersome. >_>
Eyelander and the Chargin' Targe shield were just the start. Demoman has more melee weapons than any other character in the game, mostly swords and a couple axes, plus a stick grenade and a new bottle. They also got a pair boots that take the grenade launcher's place, making them COMPLETELY melee oriented and helping with their shield charges.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=923

ShadowTengu
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by ShadowTengu »

Feathers wrote:Demoknight? O_O I assume that refers to their new "Highlander" sword? I quit around the time the "Angel Halo" hat (I was excited have gotten one) was released, so anything after that I still haven't seen yet. Still, imagining a swordsman cutting through my team sounds bothersome. >_>
You haven't been on since the WAR! update?!?!

Holy shit man. They have added a fuckton of new stuff! There's laser weapons for the soldier, pyro, and engineer. Heck, Valve has even implemented a community driven workshop for coming up with new clothes and guns and stuff!!! Hell, the medic even got a "Meet the..." video!!

I mean look at this shit!!! :evilllol:
http://www.teamfortress.com/