Pokemon TCG online

Online pokemon game.

A sub-forum dedicated to online gaming, and online games.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Data Spirit
Personal Title: Dream Traveller
Favorite Monster Type: N/A

Re: Pokemon TCG online

Post by Rezeed »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee

I haven't updated my cards since the johto region first came out in card form.
Click the Image to be drawn into a world of Fantasy, Science, Romance, Mystery, Action, Adventure, and Endless Wonder.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

Rezeed wrote:WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee

I haven't updated my cards since the johto region first came out in card form.
Things have changed since Johto. The Trainer Challenge is pretty fun to mess around in.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

If anyone still plays this, I made an account, installed it onto my thumb drive, and learned I can get cards without spending a dime of RL money.

It's still Rezeed, and I plan to work on getting a proper deck when I am able.
Click the Image to be drawn into a world of Fantasy, Science, Romance, Mystery, Action, Adventure, and Endless Wonder.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Rezeed wrote:If anyone still plays this, I made an account, installed it onto my thumb drive, and learned I can get cards without spending a dime of RL money.

It's still Rezeed, and I plan to work on getting a proper deck when I am able.
I haven't touched this game since you have to download it. Sucks that the window can only be really damn big or fullscreen. I'm waiting for Fairy type to come out in the TCG.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

Rezeed wrote:If anyone still plays this, I made an account, installed it onto my thumb drive, and learned I can get cards without spending a dime of RL money.
What is this witchcraft you speak of?
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

Apparently, the tutorial stuff and the challenge stuff give you free stuff including tokens that can be used to spend on boosters.

They apparently also reward regular players(who logs in daily) tokens. A lot of them when they gave me an intro notice.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Rezeed wrote:Apparently, the tutorial stuff and the challenge stuff give you free stuff including tokens that can be used to spend on boosters.

They apparently also reward regular players(who logs in daily) tokens. A lot of them when they gave me an intro notice.
You can also get them from playing the Trainer Challenge. However you're stuck with Basic Fire, Basic Water and Basic Grass decks. You can't use any deck you've made. The only way to get more decks in TC is to use codes from the real ones.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

Or save tokens to get a theme-deck of your own.

Oh wait, you get one for free as a "regular user" reward.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

Sorry for the double post, but I just have to mention it. Much to my own luck, the first online booster I redeemed for tokens, I got a Scyther on my first shot at the same time for a regular user reward I also got a 5 boosters that gave 10 cards instead of 5. Out of the boosters I got, I ended up with a kirlia.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Congrats. Have you seen the power of Dragons yet?
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

I have A dragon, but that's about it. Don't really plan on using dragons since they are crazy to use properly in regards to feeding it the right energies.

I plan on making a deck centered around Scyther and the Ralts Evolution family. So my main deck will just be a psychic/grass deck.

I found out I may have other means of getting more tokens by playing the pokemon mini games on it's website. Since I am registered to the pokemon online TCG, it registers me there as well so it may be a good way to get tokens to really gets some cards without doing the single player stuff constantly.(Already got to the point where they literally gave me the base blue, red, and green for winning with it 7 times each. They also gave me an orange base starter deck for signing up which certainly leaves a lot to be customized.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Free Online Card Exposition

Post by Rezeed »

Sorry for the double post, but thankfully I was able to get solid data and proof about the token thing.

Tokens are awarded by playing the online game matches(beating CPU opponents on the single player mode or play and win an online match) or play the free games you can play on the pokemon site while logged in. The max allowed tokens from the Pokemon site is 15 a day. You can also get free tokens by logging in at least once a day as party of the daily rewards thing. Sometimes it's boosters, sometimes theme decks, but quickly logging in for redeem your reward along with the mini games is a good way to get tokens fast.

However, if you can manage to go really brutal with the CPU opponents awards more tokens. Beating them with the same starter deck 7 times unlocks the deck and ALL it's cards for you to keep while beating them with the same deck overall 36 times may unlock something else that's pretty nice. You are actually free to dissect the free starter and paid theme decks to make a modified deck of your own.(I started out and unlocked BW Basic Orange, BW Basic Green, BW Basic Red, and BW Basic Blue.)

As for what you can get with the tokens; With 95, you can get a free booster pack(gives 5 cards) of your choice. Between 200-500 tokens you can get theme decks that change with time. As time passes, the price and theme decks will change.

That's all I got for now, if I find out anything else, I'll let you know. And if anyone that play this game needs a specific card, let me know and I'll trade it with you if I have it.

Could be good to help each other get the cards we need for our ideal decks.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

This sounds like it would be fun to watch as a spectator. I'd definitely enjoy watching you guys duel. I may not enjoy playing card games, but I LOVE to watch people play them. :)
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

I'd play if it was browser based like it used to be. Need to get an Ace Spec card though.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

The program itself is not that big compared to other MMORPGs. The installer itself is around 240MBs.

Another thing to comfirm is that they give a free booster every 5 days as a daily reward.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Rezeed wrote:The program itself is not that big compared to other MMORPGs. The installer itself is around 240MBs.

Another thing to comfirm is that they give a free booster every 5 days as a daily reward.
I'm talking screen size not file size.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

The best I can advise is take advantage of Alt+tab. It switches windows and will minimalize a full screen game(however, for windowed mode, it's lowest setting is 1024x968 if I remember correctly) when there's another window in the background. If you are not playing a match with non-CPU opponent, the game will wait for you. There's no time limit to do moves, and whatever you are doing with on the online will wait for you when you come back. So if you need to check your web browser, it wouldn't be much of an issue to Alt+Tab the game and surf the web in conjunction with the game.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

Got more info on getting boosters and tokens.

Apparently, when you get stars on your CPU opponents, you get around 10 tokens. When you max out the stars, you get a free 10 card booster pack based on who you got the four stars on. To get stars, you just have to get a good beating opponent result. Harder difficulty settings doubles and triples the score you get.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

Anyway, here still play the game. I FINALLY, got a deck composed and got my initial set goal finished.(Got a ralts, a kirlia, and a gardevoir.)
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Kalos Decks are out. Get ready to see Fairy Pokémon running around.