Mabinogi

Online MMORPG from Nexon

A sub-forum dedicated to online gaming, and online games.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Mabinogi

Post by Feathers »

I heard about this game from Saiake and hothead last night so I'm downloading it while at work. At first glance I love the artwork for the game, but the characters look kinda strange looking in game, and a bit stiff when they move, but I'll give it a shot since it seems popular.

Well then, anyone care to team up and play together, or maybe give me some pointers on the game? ^^
unknown
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Mabinogi

Post by unknown »

I have played the game, and it was entertaining.
I don't think it is possible for me to team up with you, because they have an European and an American version. And I'm forced to play the European one..
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

Yeah, that's the biggest turn-off for me for that game: The fact that I cannot play with my international friends (Of which I got a number of.)
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

That normally isn't a problem for me, but it definitely sounds bothersome. :(

I notice the combat system is very similar to Shin Megami Tensei Online so far.
Saiake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Cambion
Favorite Monster Type: Religious Types

Post by Saiake »

What Server are you on mate? i might be able to help you out, im a veteren of 5 years lol

Should my eyes fail me, I will still see thee. Should my ears fail me, I will still hear thee. Should I lose my legs, I will still walk to thee. Should my voice depart, I will sing of thy. Should my arms break apart, I will hold thee with my very heart. Should my heart cease to pound, I will sing of thy with my soul. Should my soul be broken, then I shall... Embrace thee... With my blood...
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

None yet, I'm still new. What one do you use? I'm hoping playing this will help me understand your RP more too.
Saiake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Saiake »

oh, Well, Im on the Ruairi Server. if you join that one i cal help you out.

Should my eyes fail me, I will still see thee. Should my ears fail me, I will still hear thee. Should I lose my legs, I will still walk to thee. Should my voice depart, I will sing of thy. Should my arms break apart, I will hold thee with my very heart. Should my heart cease to pound, I will sing of thy with my soul. Should my soul be broken, then I shall... Embrace thee... With my blood...
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Okay I will do that soon. Probably tomorrow since I'm running out of time.
Saiake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Saiake »

hey. thought id share this. its one reason i love mabi so much. the OST's are great.
[youtube]Mink-Wl1oLs[/youtube]

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Agreed, the game has great music. One thing I'm noticing is that the cash shop seems insanely overpriced. $5 USD for a bird pet that only lasts 100 minutes? >.< Why can't it last all day? $7 USD to play as an elf, whaa? I was hoping it wouldn't have been a bloated cash shop game but it looks like it is. :( Is there a way to get around these issues, or is the game Pay To Win?
unknown
Magician
Magician

Post by unknown »

I played it without paying for anything on the European server, and I didn't really had a feeling that I needed something extra to win. Although I don't do PvP.

Also, is there someone here who is playing on the European server. If so, then I might start playing it again.

Update: It seems like they are going to quit the European version and that European players are welcome to join the American version.
Time to try that.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Nice, maybe we can get something going.
unknown
Magician
Magician

Post by unknown »

On which server are you going to play? The Ruairi server which Saiake recommended?
Saiake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Saiake »

you can get an elf and a giant character for free. ill show you how once i meet up with you. the pet system, yeah you can only have it out for 100 some minutes, but trust me, its more than enough time, considering you'll only ever have it out for 2-3 minutes at a time. admittedly, unless the pets a mount ( ground or flying) most of my pets are either for the sake of having it, or extra inventory space ( have a lot a crap :^^;:)

as for pay to win...nah. everything that's good you can obtain through merching. pets are a convenience, but sometimes events give out free pets (for a shit load of work) personally, i don't mind paying 20+ a month on stuff, more if I'm buying a pet, but its up to you. i like the little perks, but their not necessary to be a great player. i know player 10x better than me and they only ever pay for pets, and alota seasoned players only pay for service so they can have a little extra inv, and own a guild.

if you both wana hang with me, your gana have to Join the Ruairi server.

Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

Feathers wrote:One thing I'm noticing is that the cash shop seems insanely overpriced.
Blame Nexon for that, they tend to do that kind of stuff often, which is why I'm hesitant to try this game...

Rant on another game owned by Nexon
Spoiler: show
Nexon completely ruined one of the most awesome game I've had the chance to play, Dungeon Fighter Online, want to know how?
1.They gave steroids to the EXP curve, making it that you need about 2x more exp to level up.
2.You CAN'T buy healing items with gold, only with pvp points and cash points. >_>
3.They don't do shit about the gold selling bot that are literally clogging the place sometimes.
4.Farming is ILLEGAL, how retarded is that?
5.Oh yeah, here's the best, because of their "improvements" we need to farm for EVERYTHING, exp, gold, healing items and gear, but wait farming is illegal, what choice do we have then?
6.You're almost forced to use the cash shop if you want to have fun.
NOTE:Its been a very long time since I last checked on it, so it might have gotten better.(or worse.)
Anyway, since a couple of you are playing it, mind telling me some good points about it? Its been a while since I played a fun MMO and I don't feel like going back to play RO so...
unknown
Magician
Magician

Post by unknown »

I have tried the game again, but somehow I don't like it anymore. So I think that I won't play it again although I might try it later when I'm bored.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah I'll check out that Ruairi server.
Aekrid
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Drifting Idealistic Dreamer
Favorite Monster Type: Indecisive as Fuck

Post by Aekrid »

Hmm... i wonder if i should give mabinogi another try, though i think i may need to make a new nexon account if they still have all that bs with character creation cards
"I have been to ten thousand dimensions, yet still I search for home."
"Though battered and scarred, I march on through wars, storms, and strife. I march on."

~Memento Mori~
Remember that you are Mortal...
Remember that you will Die...
Remember your Death...
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Been playing and am now level 10, but my character looks so ugly compared to the rest...I wish they didn't charge for EVERY LITTLE THING. One can spend lots of cash easy on this game if they want to look good. I can't make a decent looking Elf unless I pay $20? Sheesh..I see what people meant by "great game horrible sponsor", because Nexon are quite the pilferers. -____- This game is definitely a lot like SMT Online though, I like that part. It's also slow paced and immersive, I'm impressed how good it is for a 9 year old game.
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

Ahh Mabinogi, I just love the in game things now a days, like the fighter style, it is SO satisfying to pummel an enemy to the ground after mashing the f button, on and get this Pummel does 900% damage at rank 1 O_o damn, I'm gonna stick o being a fighter, mostly because I'm a paladin, also I love how sexy my character moves when he kicks the crap outta bandits XD.

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Spoiler: show
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin