SMITE

A new MOBA

A sub-forum dedicated to online gaming, and online games.
Fanfic Fetishist
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Deus Ex Epsilon
Favorite Monster Type: All Epsilon Pokegirls
Location: In the background of Epsilon, building the world bit by bit

SMITE

Post by Fanfic Fetishist »

Well, if you're familiar with League of Legends, here's another game in the same vein. It's called SMITE.

It caught my interest because all the characters are gods and monsters from various mythologies. Plus, there's even some monstergirls in there. (Kali, Hel, Arachne, Bastet)

Right now, the roster of gods is as follows:

From Greek Mythology: Zeus, Hades, Ares, Artemis, Arachne

From Norse Mythology: Odin, Thor, Loki, Freya, Hel, Ymir

From Egyptian Mythology: Ra, Bastet, Anubis, Anhur, Sobek

From Hindu Mythology: Agni, Bakasura, Kali, Vamana

From Chinese Mythology: Ao Kuang, Guan Yu, He Bo, Sun Wukong

From Roman Mythology: Cupid, Bacchus, Hercules

From Mayan Mythology: Xbalanque

A decent number so far, and the directors have said they plan to keep adding to the game.

SMITE Homepage: http://www2.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/home

SMITE Wiki: http://www.smitewiki.com/Smite_Wiki

Kickass trailer using in-game graphics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... A4XFHfpmRQ
Check out Pokegirls Epsilon!:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=923

Let no one tell you how to live! Define yourself by your own will! Be a storm unto yourself!
Darkness, Light, there is no difference. Stand tall, embrace both, and you can find the true path!
http://www.f-list.net/c/fanfic%20fetishist/
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: SMITE

Post by Feathers »

I tried it, didn't like it at all. It felt unpolished and very unbalanced in general. It reminded me of more of an MMO trying to pose as a MOBA.
ShadowBladeX
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Demonic Shadow Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Salamander, Lilim, Vampire

Post by ShadowBladeX »

I've actually been playing Smite a bit recently. I honestly like it a lot. Conquest and Arena are the modes I mostly play, though I have dabbed in Domination a bit with a little Assault thrown in. Been playing mostly as Ra ("The heat bares down upon you!") and Vulcan ("Just a little something I whipped up!"). :haha:
Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! - Sergeant Avery Johnson (Halo)

My favorite monster girls (Names for those whom I remember. Will update when I come up with more names.
Spoiler: show
Number one spot: Liandra Aria (Salamander)/Lady Ryong (Ryu)
Serena Drakemore(Elf)
Tiamat (Dragon)
Leona DeLocke (Dark Elf)
Victoria Degale(Alp)
Xentheria - Lilim
Elizabeth (Eliza) Fatima(Lizardman)
Witch
Nova (Ignis)
Akira (Werewolf)
Sarah Del Rizer (Vampire)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

It's been improved A LOT since last year, I'll give it that. It still couldn't replace my LoL though.
ShadowBladeX
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Demonic Shadow Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Salamander, Lilim, Vampire

Post by ShadowBladeX »

Feathers wrote:It's been improved A LOT since last year, I'll give it that. It still couldn't replace my LoL though.
Understandable. Honestly, I tried to get into LoL, but I could never install it because I would always feel overwhelmed by how long the game has been out, plus just how many characters were around and all of their roles. With Smite, it took me a bit, but now I have a good enough handle on the game, though there is still some stuff I need to learn. XD
Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! - Sergeant Avery Johnson (Halo)

My favorite monster girls (Names for those whom I remember. Will update when I come up with more names.
Number one spot: Liandra Aria (Salamander)/Lady Ryong (Ryu)
Serena Drakemore(Elf)
Tiamat (Dragon)
Leona DeLocke (Dark Elf)
Victoria Degale(Alp)
Xentheria - Lilim
Elizabeth (Eliza) Fatima(Lizardman)
Witch
Nova (Ignis)
Akira (Werewolf)
Sarah Del Rizer (Vampire)
lv27_robothero
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Ally of Anon Jr. and time god
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by lv27_robothero »

Reached level 30 in Smite recently and really love the game. The third person aspect makes me feel more in control of my character and I love Gods like Janus who can play around with the map. I've only played LOL and DOTA like 3 or 4 times, I like them but can't really play them well so I stick with Smite.
My wives
Yuri the Ryu ,Sally the Wurm, Lisa the Dragon, Asterius the Minotaur, Freya the Valkyrie, and Teffy the Pharaoh
My Children
Kira the Holy Dragon, from Lisa.
Meiling the Ryu, from Yuri.
Bath Kol the Valkyrie From Freya
abliss85
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: Golem

Post by abliss85 »

I was at Pax oz and I managed to get some 2015 Tyr convention skins if you want one send me a pm