Hawken

Mechs, guns and a happy wallet.

A sub-forum dedicated to online gaming, and online games.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Hawken

Post by [BRindustries] »

Hawken is a online free-to-play mech-based FPS, developed by Adhesive games and powered by Meteor Entertainment.
HAWKEN_smokeymech.jpeg
Official site: https://www.playhawken.com//

I am absolutely in love with this game, how it handles, the enviroments, mech designs, everything.
I have been playing it for about a year now, since the first days of the closed alpha, and it still eats up many hours of my time.

It has a wide variety of mech classes and good mech customization, making sure that no two mechs are the same.
One can change the primary weapon, add support items (think grenades and turrets), internals that give the mech extra functions, and change visual features of the mech, like body components and camo's.
maxresdefault.jpg
The game looks great as well, movements and animations look realistic (as far as that goes with mechs), and the sounds are well made too.
All of this takes place in 8 different maps, wich are pretty big and well designed with a good mix of open areas and tight spaces, wich supprt 4 gamemodes: Deathmatch, Team deathmatch, Missile assault, and Siege.

One thing i should mention though, a few weeks ago the game got a VERY big update, wich covered half of the game with new content, but at the same time , messed up the autobalance quite badly, resulting in many ridiculously one-sided matches.
The devs are working on a patch to fix it though, wich should come out around the end of october.
Hawken_PC_Facility_Map_Update-6.jpg
So if you like mech games and always wanted something a little faster, i suggest getting this game, it's free and easy to get.

If anyone is interested in a match, i usually play on the UK servers between 9 and 11 PM GMT+1, under the same name.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Re: Hawken

Post by Pierce »

Oh fuck it certainly is a game that would give mechwarrior a run for its money. However I don't have a high-powered desktop to play this orgasmic game....
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Pierce wrote:Oh fuck it certainly is a game that would give mechwarrior a run for its money. However I don't have a high-powered desktop to play this orgasmic game....
Well, it really depends on how fancy you want it to be. The most demanding rendering goes into the particles , shading and blurry effects, but with the graphics turned down it should run on most computers. (I'm playing this on a laptop after all.) And even on the lowest graphic settings it looks pretty snazzy.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

I'll leave this here.

[youtube]sm6d-WSra28[/youtube]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

[Quick update]: As of monday february 11th, HAWKEN will be available on Steam, and will run all of the related services through their servers.
Therefore, new players won't be able to download the game untill then. (existing playes get an early access code though :P )