Genshin Impact

Everyone is playing it!

A sub-forum dedicated to online gaming, and online games.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Genshin Impact

Post by Feathers »

So who is your favorite Genshin Impact waifu? Everyone is playing or has at least tried it, if not you are living a life without more fun and should try it out! The waifu collection material is top tier. Props to Mihoyo for releasing a great worldwide game!

As for me I'm liking Barbara and Noelle. I know they aren't the best and most powerful but they are so lovely and cute!

I'd love to see a harpy in Barbara's outfit it would fit a siren great I think.
Barbara 84697256_p0.jpg
Noelle is top tier waifu material. A literal maid of all trades who is always cute and happy to help, what more could you ask for? (Harpy form of course)
Noelle 84643392_p0.jpg
Fischl is a strong third. I'm not really into chuunis, but I really like her Raven and her design. She's still sexy af though and gets a spot on my team lol. Found a damn nice background of her yesterday just in time for Halloween!
Fischl p0.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Re: Genshin Impact

Post by Feathers »

Well I got bored with this game and seems no one else played it. Good thing you aren't missing much. It's a huge grind and very Pay 2 Win (at least in the speed sense). It's impossible to grind everything you need to tier up a character to get very important skills. The material grind fro skill upgrades gets worse and worse.

The game has very awful security and pretty much anyone can have their account stolen and NEVER get it back since Miyoho said once a hacker buys something on your account (even for $5) you will not be able to get it back, ever.

So yea, bad game in my opinion. Good character designs though I'll give them that...but that's about it! Long term I can't see the game doing well, at least in the West, because people aren't used to have zero customer service there. Most of all we want our account back if it's stolen. Mines safe, but their forums have people everyday reporting that they lost $1000s of purchases because they were hacked.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

A friend of mine pestered me for WEEKS to try it out actually ^^u
As a concept is something I can easily get behind, the idea of an open world to explore at your very own leisure is quite an attractive concept... However the execution ruins it (IMHO).
Exploring things at your own leisure and enjoying an immersive experience of this world is downright impossible when the game is forcing to tackle daliles, events (Co-op events are a nightmare as the online is atrocious and most players are jerks) and neverending farming for gacha rolls.
And to top it off, add one of the WORST rate ups I've ever seen in a gacha to the mix... And the perfect recipe for disaster is served.

So yeah... This one will be sitting on my PS4 for quite a long while (if I ever drop one of the mobages I'm playing I might pick this one in a distant future, who knows, but as of now... No thanks ^^u)
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Evil Artist
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by kukuruyo »

I think we may be playing different games. The game has its faults, but they're definitely not the ones listed here.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Hey... To each their own... I'm not here to drill my view into anyone else, so if you enjoy the game... Fine by me.
The only thing I know is that personal acquaintances of mine tried to hook me into this game (most likely because it triggered some kinda reward for them) and the result was a letdown for me (unforgiving gacha system included).
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Severontous
Moon
Moon
Official Title: Resident U.S. Army Veteran
Personal Title: Ever tired man
Favorite Monster Type: Dangerous 1 nobody else wants.

Post by Severontous »

If it wasn't for the gatcha system, I would say this game is better than Breath of the Wild. I have been looking at this game since I first saw the coversite some four years ago. The game itself is godlike from what I expected don't get me wrong. But there are some dudes out there who spent $4,000 just to get Diluc, whos adventure rank was only about 10 so they don't even play the game.

So beware, the gatcha system in this game is addictive.
Spoiler: show
I am the bone of my HitBox
Sanwa is my body and Salt is my blood
I have wiffed over a thousand DPs
Unknown to SRK, Nor known to the FGC
Have withstood pain to create many combos
Yet, those combos will never hit anything
So as I pray, INFERNO DIVIDER
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah, the bad gacha system was opposite of addiction when it came to me as well. I don't have that kind of disposable money and if I did I'd probably be using it to buy a monster new PC lol.

The devs CAVED and are buffing "Geo Daddy" and made Resin (a little) more plentiful though, so maybe MAYBE they will fix gacha or make it easier to get primos in the future. They got ways to go if they wanna survive the game in a pandemic wrecked world economy though with all the hopes they have for it, in my opinion.

For the time being I'm taking the Cyberpunk route and ignoring the game till it (hopefully) improves.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I got bored and started playing again for the free hero. It's not so bad after a few months break heh >_< I admit the Tower Defense minigame is pretty damn fun too.
Tsar CUBE
World
World
Official Title: God of TMM
Personal Title: Resident Angry Scientist
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi

Post by Tsar CUBE »

This is the only game I have time to play these days since it requires so little time investment on my part. I actually don't mind the Gacha system, I don't spent any real money in it, just 15 bucks over the course of 3 months in the form of the 5 dollar monthly cards. I have all 4* characters in the game. many with multiple constellations and 2 5* Jeane and Ganyu whom I saved up gems for since launch, when Hu Tao comes out in 2 weeks I'm also guaranteed to get her. Just playing a bit every day gets you enough gems to really get me what I need so the rate of progress is satisfactory to me!

Edit: Also, best waifu is Lisa and Ganyu imo!! :love:
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I thought for sure Fischl would have been my favorite but she's #2. If only the English translation of Oz wasn't so overdone. Noelle was a surprise. All the characters are very anime quirky/tropey though so none are absolutely perfect I think.

I started playing again but this event is tiring me out. Seeing I need to pick 40 flowers to evolve my Fire Punk Rock chick feels like a momentous time sucking task. X_X

Oh, and I started playing with Chinese voices, feels a lot more natural.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Post by Nexous »

I do like my Keqing, but tbh after the story mission with Hu Tao... she's just... not my flavor. Personally I love Oz, and the Flavor text of Fischl is kinda cute in a I must protect her innocence kind of way. I would see her as a kid sister. Also TOO MANY LOLI BEING MOST USEFUL HEALER. Zombie loli, and cat loli take turns being on my team. However I think we can all agree Xiao is best girl
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

My friend got Jean on his second newbie summon. The salt was real there
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Today I worked on putting together an Anemo set for Venti/Sucrose. I like so many Wind/Earth/support characters and it's making it difficult because I need more powerful elemental reactions. Fischl/Noelle have a permanent spot in my team and I can't decide who to use as my 4th. Probably gonna cave eventually and settle for using Diluc and Venti. I can't decide on playing for waifu or playing for meta, the former is more fun, but also more frustrating in fights. -_-
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

If I ever get Jean Qiqi is getting retired. I find myself torn between going with wider coverage, or elemental stacking. I'm still playing with my team set up. When I started I played hard core getting enough primogems to do a multi every other day. Sadly I did all the quests so that's no longer easy. It looks like I may settle for Xio, Diona, Keqing, and water sword boi. That gets me 4 elements, two sub healers, a bow, and shields. Diona is C6 so she's actually really good. I got water boy to c1 with the lantern right freebee. I got 2 xio on one multi so I was happy there. I caved and paid for gems just before Keqing banner went away after using up all the pimon bargans. Not proud, but I got her. I really want Ganyu though... but where would she fit on my team? (Ganyu is best girl. She liked having her horns patted as a kid. Probably still does. 5/7 would test theory)
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Oh! 1.4 leak Rosaria is going to have a banner. And Venti is coming back. Deluc too so looking forward to that. If you don't know Rosaria she is Chesty McRackboob (Naughty Nun Officer)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Finally a new Mondstadt character and banner. Nothing interesting for me though, already have Venti and Diluc. Another Sucrose banner lol I might get her C6 at this rate. What I need more than anything is a good weapon...all of my weapons suck!
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Tbh I'm excited more for returning dudes, than Rose. Not a fan of the dead eyes looking down on you trope. Dunno the name, but not really my thing either.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I'm out of those people who use all the their primos as soon as they hit 160, so I pretty much can never do a 10 summon. Aka I won't have much opportunity to roll on these. >_< I hope they someday give free 10 rolls once and a while.. That Latern event was true pain. I blew so many hours spamming TD and doing what, over 25 quests. I am kinda regretting picking Ms. Fire Punk though. I have no weapon to make her good. X_X
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Well I learned long ago in dokkan never do a single. I agree with the weapon sitch. Best focus on artifacts, because holy cow those help a lot. I'm going to grind character ascension materials this weekend, and the following week so I can attempt to get legendary artifacts from the tougher domains
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Well I got Qiqi, Venti, Diluc, Keqing, and Tartaglia all from single rolls.. it seems fine to me. I just never get Noelle's X_X I paid $30 during her banner and didn't get her, but I get 5☆s form single rolls.. LOL

I finished a Wind set for Sucrose yesterday (got a couple 5 ☆ all atk%/elemental) because I heard that negative resist debuff does wonders. I really needed a reliable mage, but seeing how amazing Venti is with his wind vortex I'm having a hard time decide to keep. I like having a mage for that book swap 50% ATK buff. For one thing, Venti is a God against those stupid Lightning Witches. Killing her and that Assassin dude at the 80 dungeon with only level 70s was truly rage inducing heh. Worth it though, since I got a full set in 1 day's worth of resin. Now I need to farm Crystal Chunks to upgrade my weapons more.