Kaillera FTW

A sub-forum dedicated to online gaming, and online games.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Data Spirit
Personal Title: Dream Traveller
Favorite Monster Type: N/A

Kaillera FTW

Post by Rezeed »

For more detail for kaillera check out the site for it. http://www.kaillera.com/

Kaillera enables emulators to play on the Internet.

With Kaillera you can enjoy playing video games with others from all over the world.
it consists of a client and a server. The client is usually embedded into your favorite emulator and the server is a stand-alone application that needs to be run on a machine directly wired to the Internet.
These servers come with a chatroom along with this. It's like X-box live, but much more awesome. Unfortunately, not all emulators have Kaillera. If you have question on which ones have it let me know. I say this because to play someone over the net, you have to have three things:

1. An unzipped rom.
2. Both people have to have the same emulator and that includes the version of it.
3. Same region/version of rom.

If you have any questions like running it or anything else about it, don't be afraid to ask me. You can use this thread to issue challenges, gaming sessions, or talk about it as well as for concerns. If you post here, let up know what emulators you use for it.

Here's some extra info to help roms run much smoother in Kaillera:

Depending on the Ping you get in a server that's how well the rom will run. To help compensate for that, you need the proper connection type. The better fitting connection type, the better the game will fun for you.

Ping = less than 100: Lan(60keyframes/s)
Ping = 101-200: Excellent(30keyframes/s)
Ping = 201-300: Good(20keyframes/s)
Ping = 301-400:Average(15keyframes/s)
Ping = 401-500:Low(12keyframes/s)
Ping = Higher than 500:Bad(10keyframes/s)

Additional info and special commands:
Spoiler: show
/detectautofire to set AutoFire detection

/maxusers <#> to set capacity of room
This allows one to have up to 16 people in the same game. Of course there aren't exactly games with that many people, but who ever isn't playing could be watching their gameplay and chat with the people present.

/maxping <#> to set maximum ping for room

/start or /startn <#> start game when n players are joined.

/mute /unmute <UserID> or /muteall or /unmuteall to mute player(s).

/swap <order> eg. 123..n
{n = total # of players; Each slot = new player#} Command is temporarily disabled.

/kick <Player#> or /kickall to kick a player(s).

/setemu <Emulator> To restrict the gameroom to this emulator!

/lagstat To check who has the most lag spikes or /lagreset to reset lagstat!

/samedelay {true | false} If you want both want to play at the same delay setting. Default is false.

/me <message> to make personal message eg. /me is bored ...SupraFast is bored.

/msg <UserID> <msg> to PM somebody. /msgon or /msgoff to turn pm on | off.

/ignore <UserID> or /unignore <UserID> or /ignoreall or /unignoreall to ignore users.

/p2pon or /p2poff this option ignores ALL server activity during gameplay.
Click the Image to be drawn into a world of Fantasy, Science, Romance, Mystery, Action, Adventure, and Endless Wonder.
Link_Bakeneko
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: leader of the Bakeneko Clan
Favorite Monster Type: Cait Sith(they're such cuties)

Re: Kaillera FTW

Post by Link_Bakeneko »

awesome, so I'm not the only one who thinks Kaillera in great. my user name on there is link1988 and I usually play arcade games most of the time with a MAME32 ++ 0.199, I also have Snes9k v0.09 and Gens too.
Join the Bakeneko Clan
Rezeed
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Data Spirit
Personal Title: Dream Traveller
Favorite Monster Type: N/A

Re: Kaillera FTW

Post by Rezeed »

I'm the same username as I am everywhere.

Username: Rezeed
Usual Servers: The Galaxy and West Wonderland
Usual Emulators: Snes9k v0.09z, Gens 2.11, Kawaks(I'll get back to you on that regarding version), and Jnes 0.50 (I would name drop a MAME one but I find a lot of issues getting it to run on the net AND getting Neogeo games to work)
Click the Image to be drawn into a world of Fantasy, Science, Romance, Mystery, Action, Adventure, and Endless Wonder.