SHADOW Army Labs

A place where people can create and share their own monsters and world settings.
Subliminal
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: From many, One.
Favorite Monster Type: CONSTRUCT a new world...

Re: SHADOW Army Labs

Post by Subliminal »

Greetings

and welcome back...

Dropping in here to announce that I haven´t forgotten about this project...
and to suggest a possible "official" name to it: (the) Blight(ed).
The reason for this is to highlight the overall process of deterioration
that a significant portion of the(in universe)world is going through after the
downfall of the pantheon of the chief gods in the last war; a decay which is
more evidently reflected in the restless and steady spread of the "roper", a
seemingly sentient plant-like life form, which tints the landscape with an
orange/reddish hue, almost giving the impression that the planet was withering
or even bleeding...

Furthermore, the recurring thematics of both the ENLIGHTENMENT and the MURKENING
can also be regarded as "Blights", at least from the point of view of each of their
respective detractors.

On a last note and in a more sublime level, with humanity reduced to ghettos
spread across the continent and left with little to no influence in the western
lands, it has come the time for the monster-folk to build up their own civilizations.
However, in the attemp of taking over the role that humans left behind, chances
are that they have succeded more than it was convenient to them. With this newfound
"blighted" nature now the wars will be fought monsters against monsters.

////

And now some comments on the latest entries:
L337 m4n wrote:Tsuchinoko-
Nice to see some "plumped" girls in action. They would fit Greed (Barbatos)´s
like a globe.
L337 m4n wrote:We have grinders and harvesters but what about one who really knows her meat? A BUTCHER! A blond-haired Jack-the-Ripper sort of gal who's a little thick, has gray skin, dirty blonde hair, mad eyes and some scars on her skin. Also she loves pain, both receiving it and giving it so hitting her would just egg her on.
These chaos monsters...I imagine them being delivered to Trea to command them.
She might probably be the only one twisted enough to understand and control them...
L337 m4n wrote:Youjinbous:

So, one could tell that they are a heavier version of the Samurais, sacrificing some mobility
for the increase in armour and shield.
L337 m4n wrote:Necro Nurse
It is interesting how you are recycling beaten personnel in order to potentially
turning the tables on your favour. Very good entry. Kind of serves as a
countermeasure (and opposite equivalent) to the Eye´s ability to call in angry
mobs.

Regards.
“MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN” As you are trying to decipher the meaning of the above, a new signature is being prepared...
L337 m4n
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lord Shadow
Favorite Monster Type: Imps and kunoichi

Post by L337 m4n »

Thank you Sub and sorry I've been gone awhile everyone. College and life make it so you only have time for quick posts at most. Also I like the idea of our universe being called (the) Blight(ed) and how a decaying world is being salvaged or attempted by groups who have their ideas on how to do so. Along with the growing animosity between humans and mamono due to how one group is succeeding where they have failed.

Anyway here is profile or two I've been working on for my comeback and it is a last resort of sorts while SHADOW plans for even prophecies and extreme cases.

SHADOW Profile (ERROR) SECRET FILE:PROJECT: ABADDON
Nature:Lonely, hungry, curious, innocent
Diet:Anything edible, chaotic and cosmic energies
Profile:
Spoiler: show
Abaddon. . . is a project designed by Lord Shadow during one of his wars with Subliminal and the EYE when he got a prophecy one day. The prophecy isn't clear but the SEER who spoke of it said that it would bring about Lord Shadow and Subliminals destruction for a long while until one of them "woke up". It isn't clear how she was made but according to Lord Shadow it involved Lord Beezle's blood and DNA of a angel being mixed together to bring her forth.

Her appearance is odd however in that she has the appearance of a teenage girl but the mind of a young child. She is innocent and barely understands how her powers work which may be one of the reasons Lord Shadow had her sealed up. Her physical appearance consists of pale ash colored skin, eyes that have a bright orange glow to them, short hair at neck length that is white as chalk and a petite figure with a b-cup chest. Where the humanoid appearance ends is where the twistedness begins, her angel DNA mixed with the blood of a cardinal lord gave her a wing of an angel but it is bent and malformed with odd flapping allowing her to hover with it.

The power of gluttony is prominent in her however, for in one cardinal lord his gluttony manifests in its own way her power of gluttony is more . . . simple? No, it is primal as her power allows her to consume all that lays in her path. Everything she consumes isn't eaten however as her power is unstable it means she could tap into a pocket dimension if she wished not unlike Lord Shadow's or SUBLIMINALS. The difference between their dimensional space and hers is that she could hold anything within her imagination. Her access to this is limited however due to her hunger and it is believed she can only use this when she has some control over her problem or during times of great stress.

Aside from the little oddities she is no different from a young girl and wishes to have the things one her age is interested in: having friends to play with, to see all the wonders and treasures she heard in books, enjoying new things and such. She is however due to her power usually contained and this has lead to her wondering why she was created or chosen if the prophecies have any weight. As of now she is trying to enjoy her freedom from confinement before she is to be contained to stop ***** from happening.
SHADOW Profile: Geryon
Nature:Loyal, silent, controlled
Diet: Meat, Spirit Energy
Geryon is a strange creature and guardian of Fraud or Persona as she goes nowadays. Her head was that of a human woman, and topped with a mop of brown hair. She had kind eyes and an honest smile, which most people admit, really threw em for a loop. But from there, everything was non-human. From the neck down Geryon was that of a wyvern dragon, coated in steel hard scales. Both arms, while vaguely humanoid, bore a greater resemblance to lions paws. And at the very end of the body was a long snake-like tail, with a wicked looking stinger on the end.

She is as mentioned a bodyguard for one of the SIN Squad and considered one of the best among the SHADOW forces. One of her tactics that unnerve most opponents is how she never loses her cool and just smiles nicely at others even when she is breaking their face. Even when she is among friends she keeps her emotions schooled with only her closest friends seeing her express things such as confusion, fear, or embarassment. She is one who does not let anything faze her, even facing a charging Golgotha is nothing but a daily annoyance for her to brush off. She is loyal to a fault however and possibly failing her mistress (dramatic as she is at times) can make her feel down for a whole day. Being praised for fulfilling her daily tasks however does put a spring in her step.

Her abilities aren't much compared to the cardinal lords but she does excel over the average chimera or samurai where strength is concerned. Her most notable factor would be her steel-hard scales which protect almost everywhere but her underside. Her defensive abilities mixed with her training make it where attrition isn't possible for most. Defensive abilities aside she has one advantage besides her strength which is her venom. She uses a poison that burns her victims from the inside out, a request from Fraud when she wanted a guard who knew how to defend as well as attack.
Subliminal
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: From many, One.
Favorite Monster Type: CONSTRUCT a new world...

Post by Subliminal »

Greetings
L337 m4n wrote:Thank you Sub and sorry I've been gone awhile everyone. College and life make it so you only have time for quick posts at most.
Don´t worry same happens here, although I may be starting posting some
concept art from now on, so stay tune....
L337 m4n wrote:Also I like the idea of our universe being called (the) Blight(ed) and how a decaying world is being salvaged or attempted by groups who have their ideas on how to do so. Along with the growing animosity between humans and mamono due to how one group is succeeding where they have failed.

The animosity in the setting is between monsters, more specifically non-demonic vs demonic, as the the latter while being crucial in defending monster-folk against the now fallen human empire, failed to accomplish any other promise so far. How ever it is often claimed (at least by the Daemon Realm) that there are mysterious instigators behind the uprisings taking place in the continent.

The SHADOW is a "black ops" agency, or even an intelligence secret service not unlike R.L. CIA tasked in finding out those warmongers who endanger the peace that was so painful and difficult to achieve.

On the one hand, the "Pax Daimonica" established at the end of the previous war by the Deamon Queen was meant to be the beginning of an era of everlasting joy and peace now that the gods (namely the Olympians) are gone for good and the humans are no longer a threat.

On the other hand, without a visible and tangible common enemy the Demon Queen does not have many things to keep the support of much of the non-daemonic populace. Some see her as just another tyrant that put puppet leaders of her liking in power to keep monster folk under control, or so it is claimed by the so called instigators...

Anyway, more detailed and clear information will be revealed once I manage to set up a compendium of sort that I´m currently preparing.
heavy mad.gif
L337 m4n wrote:Anyway here is profile or two I've been working on for my comeback and it is a last resort of sorts while SHADOW plans for even prophecies and extreme cases.
Considering that the SHADOW is able to train Valkyries, its leader is probably knowledgeable of the in-universe Norse history. As such he has to be aware that the downfall of the Aesir (at least in-universe) was due to Odin´s fixation on the prophecy of the RAGNAROK.

The potential Irony here is that Odin had to sacrifice one of his eyes to gain his prophetic powers, and now it is another EYE which seems to be bringing to this world what He tried to stop during his lifetime.
L337 m4n wrote: SHADOW Profile (ERROR) SECRET FILE:PROJECT: ABADDON
Well, well. It looks like Lord Beelze jacked off where he shouldn´t have.
*ABADDON is resting in her cell, meanwhile some CARDINAL LORDS are watching her*

PRIDE:- "I still don´t understand the reason why they created her. There´s no need to rely on petty superstitions when we have the power to change things by ourself."
LUST:- "Better safe than sorry I suppose. I personally don´t mind having another cute angel on our side."
PRIDE:- "Nonsense. That child will just go through unnecessary suffering. She´s too soft."
GLUTTONY:-" Whoa, what was that? Is Lucy worried about his little bastard daughter? "
PRIDE:- "You fool! How you dare..." *is interrupted by LUST*
LUST:- " If there´s anybody deserving of such a title, that is you, ´Boobie´. In fact, if I´m not mistaken that girl has your blood, and you know what that means."
GLUTTONY:- *gasp*
PRIDE:-" If that´s so, then it is you the one who should be taking responsibility."
GLUTTONY:- "Hey, no way. That´s just..."

*The sound of somebody knocking a door interrupts the trio. Apparently ABADDON woke up and is now watching them arguing with a curious look.*

ABADDON:-" Are you...my daddies?" - says the young one as she points to both PRIDE and GLUTTONY.
GLUTTONY:- " Hey, I don´t roll that way girlie...sober. "
PRIDE:- " You freak."
LUST:- " Hey, you don´t have any idea how many couples struggle to get their first child. You should consider yourself lucky that one is given to you so easily.
PRIDE:- Such insolence.
////

As a whole it seems ABADDON or "Abbey" could be a potential protagonist in advanced stages of the plot, in times when some other DEMON LORDS might not be able to provide their services...perhaps in some post-Lich-Queen Act...

The way you describe her powers reminds me of the Gluttony from Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood. Although you didn´t mention the exact way she sends stuffs into her pocket dimension. Does she have a "belly-mouth" of sorts or, more akin to her name, does she create and manipulate a Black hole / Dark matter (a literal "bottomless pit") that performs the sucking for her?

////
L337 m4n wrote:SHADOW Profile: Geryon
Excellent profile. The way you mention how she can battle against Golgothas (A tank-like vehicle construct designed to hunt down Chimeras) without much trouble was a very interesting touch. As such I think Geryon is a unique unit, meaning that unlike other Chimeras there´s only one of her kind.

////

And now for one last extra surprise. Witness the head and embodiment of the SHADOW.

FULL BODY CONCEPT (Lines only)
Lord Shadow model.jpg
* Not sure about the footwear, but fitting due to Lord Shadow being partly inspired by Michael Jackson (much like Hazama but it is not the only inspiration though).
* Following the original profile his clothes are pith black at all times, almost as if they were 2D. Added some white details on the clothes to brake the monotony.
* Hair is pitch black as well, and merges with his fedora. Perhaps it is just an extension of said fedora...
* In spire of being a Shadow being his skin is whitish like the Slenderman´s or the Wii Fit Trainer´s. Possibly artificially fabricated (like a mask) or the result of having "absorbed" enough (drinking and eating worldly stuffs?) materials from the mundane realm for his body to generate an outer layer which behaves like skin. In any case, being material in origin makes his skin absorb and reflect light waves like regular objects.
* Either blank eyeball or grey outlines (iris) with white fill (pupil) like here. You choose.

PORTRAIT CONCEPT(with colours)
Lord Shadow portrait.png
*Behold the Silver Surfer in his days as a gangsta´.
*Some lines have rough edges because I screwed up and was lazy.
Hopefully next time will be a female.

Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN” As you are trying to decipher the meaning of the above, a new signature is being prepared...
Fanfic Fetishist
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Deus Ex Epsilon
Favorite Monster Type: All Epsilon Pokegirls
Location: In the background of Epsilon, building the world bit by bit

Post by Fanfic Fetishist »

Pretty cool stuff. I've always liked this setting. :D
Check out Pokegirls Epsilon!:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=923

Let no one tell you how to live! Define yourself by your own will! Be a storm unto yourself!
Darkness, Light, there is no difference. Stand tall, embrace both, and you can find the true path!
http://www.f-list.net/c/fanfic%20fetishist/