Kekkres's mg setting

A place where people can create and share their own monsters and world settings.
kekkres
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Kekkres's mg setting

Post by kekkres »

I began losing interest in the regular cannon a while back as the focus shifted from a sort of rpg parody to a world of corruption (a fetish I personally despise) so I have begun developing my own world, in which any rps I run will be set, basically it goes like this:

All the types of Monster Girls were once various tribes of monsters or races. They lived alongside humans with varying levels of peace, but by in large things were stable. The humans outnumbered the monsters by far too much for any single tribe of the monsters to be a threat and the monsters where able to take refuge in the wilderness far beyond where any human advances would reasonably pursue, so an uneasy peace was formed between the human nations and the monster tribes.

However, there was a certain faction in the human nations which called itself the Order. They believed that it was the
divine right of humans to rule over all the land, and that the monster tribes where demonic beings who deserved only extermination. And so a long series of campaigns began, skirmishes and territory wars between the zealous order and the powerful monsters which seemed doomed to remain locked in stalemate forever.

However, one day the Order thought of a way that they could win once and for all, and without another drop of divine human blood being spilled. They gathered all of their men in their central citadel, and together, cast a massive spell (or rather curse) of unimaginable scale.

At first, there were no noticeable effects but, as the years went, on the tribes began noticing the number of men born in their tribes was dwindling. At first, one of every three born would still be male, after ten years it was one of five and then later only one of ten, and so on. Their populations plummeted, and they faced the brink of extinction.

It was the demon tribe, the order's most reviled enemy, who discovered the solution. They discovered that the various monster tribes could all successfully breed with humans, resulting in pure human sons and mixed daughters. Soon, men were (often forcibly) taken to wed these monsters and rebuild the populations.

Within only a few successive generations this had a huge impact, not only were the various races thriving the interbreeding with humans was having a profound effect on the races appearances; the once monstrous tribes took on more and more human aspects until, only the most dominant aspects of their race shown through regularly (although throwbacks are not necessarily rare; green skinned goblins and dragons with fully scaled bodies for instance).

In the modern day the various tribes all have stable populations, the crossing has mellowed many of the tribes and several openly trade and interact with humans, occasionally even taking up residence in human cities while others retain their old habits relying on banditry and piracy to get by. Only one in 50 or so monsters born will be male although, it is not unheard of for the human son to bare some small hints of his mother's heritage.

Stories persist that some of the monstrous tribes refused to mingle, and have adopted incestuous and harem like social structures to linger on without tarnishing their 'noble blood' but, such reports or remaining 'true monsters', are infrequent and unconfirmed.

Any questions suggestions or comments are very welcome.
Chaos
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Gentleman Lich
Favorite Monster Type: Oni, Ogre, Goblins and such

Re: Kekkres's mg setting

Post by Chaos »

I gotta say, your idea does indeed seem alot more appealing than the direction that kenkou has taken it. I also kinda found that as more knowledge came out about the setting, I really kinda didnt like his direction either.

Although...the possible thought of meeting an adorable little green-skin goblin girl kinda is icing on the cake for me. :nosebleed:
Tsar CUBE
World
World
Official Title: God of TMM
Personal Title: Resident Angry Scientist
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi

Post by Tsar CUBE »

I definitely like the Harem aspect :nosebleed:

Do they Succubi still corrupt and turn men into Incubi though... that was sort of a rather attractive feature I found in MGE until every single race started doing it :wall:
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Post by Observer »

Will there be profiles or are you just gonna use KC's?
"I like to watch."
kekkres
Magician
Magician

Post by kekkres »

Observer wrote:Will there be profiles or are you just gonna use KC's?
im not sure, a lot of kc's profiles work fine with minimal alterations paticulerly the older ones, on the other hand most of the newer ones would need to be partily if not completely redone
kekkres
Magician
Magician

Post by kekkres »

Tsar CUBE wrote:I definitely like the Harem aspect :nosebleed:

Do they Succubi still corrupt and turn men into Incubi though... that was sort of a rather attractive feature I found in MGE until every single race started doing it :wall:
i think you may be slightly misinterperating the harem aspect ^^""
and yes a succubus can still turn a human (and possibly other mamono) into an incubus