The Big TMM Custom Canon Collaboration Project

Take a look and tell me what you think

A place where people can create and share their own monsters and world settings.

Do you want to be a part of this?

Hell yes! (Leave a comment please)
20%
Hell no! (If you're going to say anything, be tactful about it)
No votes
I'll consider it (If you think you might or might not join, leaving a comment of some kind would be appreciated)
80%

Total votes: 10

Rezeed
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Data Spirit
Personal Title: Dream Traveller
Favorite Monster Type: N/A

Re: The Big TMM Custom Canon Collaboration Project

Post by Rezeed »

Perhaps you guys should decide/agree on what genres and type of setting you guys want first before you go into the first phases of world building.

Another bit of advice would be after that is to imagine what would it be like in that kind of world and what would you want to see.

If you can't enjoy it and you aren't able to like it yourself, it may be hard for others to catch on to this as well.
Click the Image to be drawn into a world of Fantasy, Science, Romance, Mystery, Action, Adventure, and Endless Wonder.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The inactive

Post by Drazzimyr »

Rezeed has a point.

So, we need to determine if we would actually want to live in a fantasy settings like the one we're currently building.
L337 m4n
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lord Shadow
Favorite Monster Type: Imps and kunoichi

Post by L337 m4n »

Well what would be the pro's and cons of such a setting?
I mean Pro's
Magic
A system which helps determine some of the events and explains some of the supernatural happenings Like Unsealed explaining how a plane of existence layered on top of another causes the residue of that plane laying on top to affect monsters, fauna and such to turn them into beings of their own.

Con's
Have to be limited to the technology available at the time
Have to deal with some of the narrow-minded people who see things as completely magic and not much science to explain some of it.

Also for Monster Girls names you could call them Deimos or even Mamono. I mean Mamono is a term many who come from MGU are familiar with but Deimos is just something that sounds unusual. Like a deimos is around here or I like Deimos Girls to be well represented. I don't know. It's a thought.
Unsealed
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: FLUFFY TAIL
Favorite Monster Type: You'd be surprised~

Post by Unsealed »

Ahhh, Deimos. Arc the Lad, correct? Not a bad name choice. Iirc, Mamono is one way to say Monster in Japanese, so it's viable as well.

And I think what Rezeed is trying to say is that we first need to figure out what types of adventures, plots, or stories we would want to write first, pick the main themes in the work, and then imagine what it would be like to live in a world where those types of things are important. What kind of traits would the setting need to produce the types of works we would want to write?

To give an example, MGE uses themes like "Society is Oppressive and Controlling," "Liberation through Corruption," "Disregard for the Past and Future in Favor of the Moment," "Forbidden Love," "Abandonment of Society," and "Transformation as a Sexual Concept," among others. Further, Good and Evil don't really factor into it. The setting arguably runs more on Law vs. Chaos. The setting was made to give overstressed, overworked, underappreciated blue and white-collar men something to fantasize about. It represents a fantasy world in which they can abandon their cares, their fears, and their stress and indulge in unconditional love and lust, fulfilling whatever desires they may have without fear or reprecussion. The ones that Society frowns upon especially, such as lust for young girls, transgender tendencies, and non-traditional sex-roles. In this way, the readers can freely construct whatever fantasies they wish, simultaneously gaining a release of stress and giving the finger to the society that bears down on them. All without actually suffering any negative effects.

We would need, therefore, to determine what kind of stories we would want to exist in this setting in order to determine what kind of conditions must be present. We should consider what people want to write or play in it. Do they want to write mostly tales of forbidden romance between man and Mamono? Do they want to write rousing adventure tales where Monster Girls are a standard addition to the Party? Do they want to write tales of transformation and corruption? Mysteries? Horror? Suspense? Intrigue? Is it Slice of Life or Epic Fantasy? How about Military Action?

Having input from the Fic Writers and RP'ers would be great right now. Maybe we could post a poll where people could pick three choices among the following types of plots: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Erotica, Forbidden Romance, Horror, Intrigue, Mystery, Romance, Slice of Life, Suspense, Tragedy, and maybe a few more that people can think of. That way, we can figure out what needs the setting must be able to fulfill. With multiple picks, it also means that people won't have to try and decide what type of story the like most.

Then we could offer a poll for general time-period and a thread for reader suggestions, maybe? It would take more time to actually get to the creation process, but it would make it possible to construct a setting closer to the wants or needs of the people using the setting. Even if we use a Timeline for the setting, knowing what time period is likely to see the most use would help to focus our efforts early on at least.
Spoiler: show
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

Smart thinking Unsealed. A poll would be good, so I'll set one up.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

Unsealed
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Unsealed »

Mwahaha. Voted, and posted my reasoning. Maybe people will emulate it, and write why they voted the way they did. That kind of input would be useful, after all.
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lv. 124 Dark Knight and Bard
Favorite Monster Type: Amazoness, Alp, Kunoichi,
Location: Royce, Capital of the Black Rose Republic (What once started an small inn grew into a nation)

Post by Kmon13 »

Well like hood my works is more of a modern or Pre-revolutonary era, but with Science fiction added into it and leads to proof of alternate realities being thrown in.. (Hey Monster Girl Apocalypse is proof of that )

But if you need any help I'll be happy to offer any assistance you may need in the in this project if explained in detail.

Thank you...

The right to live free without fear of death should be granted and enjoyed by all beings Mamono, human, or Otherwise.

Least liked Mamono:Mamono who rape!

Tales of the Black Rose Inn...
Destined Paths Of Eden
Lilith Academy Chronicles
Monster Girl Apocalypse Journals
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Post by Observer »

Idea: instead of a medieval setting how about an Age of Discovery type world where you got a mostly unknown world just waiting to be explored. And in the terra incognita and the exotic locales you will find the Mamono. Not sure how to elaborate it further, but it's a start.
"I like to watch."
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Personally (hopefully other people agree with me), I don't want an aspect of corruption in the setting, but I'm not looking to make a utopian world either, as that would make things really dull and boring from the start. So, if everyone else agrees, we won't have the corruption part of the setting, but we'll have some form of conflict. What are your guys ideas?
Kind of late... but hey...

I'm not the biggest fan of corruption either, but how is gonna this setting work without it?
I mean, how can incubi exist (other than being born that way) in such setting? Incubi are normally formed by taking demonic energy via intercourse, which technically speaking is considered corruption since it's a process that warps both mind and body.

Corruption might be needed to some extent at the very least... or so I think.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

Kaijin wrote:
Personally (hopefully other people agree with me), I don't want an aspect of corruption in the setting, but I'm not looking to make a utopian world either, as that would make things really dull and boring from the start. So, if everyone else agrees, we won't have the corruption part of the setting, but we'll have some form of conflict. What are your guys ideas?
Kind of late... but hey...

I'm not the biggest fan of corruption either, but how is gonna this setting work without it?
I mean, how can incubi exist (other than being born that way) in such setting? Incubi are normally formed by taking demonic energy via intercourse, which technically speaking is considered corruption since it's a process that warps both mind and body.

Corruption might be needed to some extent at the very least... or so I think.
You have a point there, but we should really focus on the stuff mentioned earlier, before we go into stuff like this.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

Here's clever reasoning, it could be the monster girl's word for husband. I mean, even in the MGE, the most likely way one becomes one is through regular sex with a monster girl, and even then odds are, you would be married to said monster girl.

Make it a title rather a type of transformation. In various settings, there ARE ways to prolong life or even improve one's longevity thought scientific or even magical means.
Click the Image to be drawn into a world of Fantasy, Science, Romance, Mystery, Action, Adventure, and Endless Wonder.
Unsealed
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Unsealed »

Indeed. Or perhaps it's merely the term for what happens when someone uses magic extensively? You might have something set up where a person who becomes extremely powerful with some forms of magic can transform themselves into one, if there's an actual physical difference at all, making the process wholly voluntary. Perhaps it's even actively sought after if love between men and Monsters is accepted, since most Monster Girls seem to live longer than humans.

Alternatively, as a fusion of Rezeed's idea and my own suggestion, it might be a title given to someone who is skilled in seduction or sex-related magic.

Admittedly, though, we won't be able to fully walk away from Corruption unless we change the abilities and natures of certain Monsters. Ropers, Succubi (especially the Lilim), Dark Slimes, Beastman-types that spread through infection, Kitsunebi, Vampires, and even the Bicorn and Unicorn would need to be changed, since all have fundamental traits related to Corruption.

It might be a good idea, once we have an understanding of where we need to focus our attention on in the setting, to write a Statement of Purpose to keep us on task, and come up with some Themes for the setting itself that we want, as well as what we don't want.

As it stands now, for example, Forbidden Romance is low in our poll, which means that love between humans and monsters would be socially acceptable in most societies, making it more mainstream. This would therefore be a major departure from the MGE Core, making the Order or its counterparts into underground terrorist rather than a society-controlling force, at least as I see it.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

To help out a bit for your setting stuff, I thought making this thread would be a bit helpful for you all.

http://www.themonstermultiverse.com/for ... f=7&t=1482

One's fantasies can bring forth new ideas and concepts.
Unsealed
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Unsealed »

Oooh! Nice way to get inspiration! Not just for the setting, but for lots of delicious lemons~
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

I'll be keeping an eye on this and will join in if I find something I can help with. ^^ A forum wide settings collab would be awesome, a community driven project could certainly spice up the activity on here.
If it involves corruption or rape count me out though, sorry that's not really my thing.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

Feathers wrote:
If it involves corruption or rape count me out though, sorry that's not really my thing.
No rape in this instance. On the poll it was decided that Forbidden Romance was an ousted genre, so relationships with Monster-Girls for the setting would be, for the most part, commonplace.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

And how about corruption? Can it be optional instead of mandatory?
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

Feathers wrote:And how about corruption? Can it be optional instead of mandatory?
Right now we're working on the setting and genre, corruption may be ousted, but we're still undecided on the issue.
I personally do NOT want corruption in the setting, but we'll have to see the opinions of others.
Unsealed
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Unsealed »

Personally, I feel that you can't fully divorce Monster Girls from Corruption or Rape. Some of them are fundamentally based on the concept of corrupting others, adding an element of horror, or otherwise have a nature that is intended from the beginning to be threatening. Creatures like the Roper, Dark Slime, and Ushi-Oni come to mind almost immediately as things that demand those concepts. Otherwise, we would have to change their basic nature and personality for them to fit the setting or cut them out of it entirely if we completely remove Rape and Corruption.

However, as it stands now, the general desires of the people on the board run counter to this, so we may want to consider the possible exclusion of some of KC's canon MG's in favor of the needs of the setting. Alternatively, we might allow them to be exceptions to the rules, but if no one's going to use Rape or Corruption in their stories, then there's not a lot of point in keeping the girls.

The current interests lean heavily towards a Fantasy Adventure-based setting with a focus on Erotica and Romance, followed up by Action and then Comedy. Anything else is two votes or less. Forbidden Romance, Suspense (x2), and Intrigue are all zeroes, so that will have an effect there. SoL, Horror, and Scifi are all at two, which means they exist, but aren't main foci, and Tragedies should be few and far between.

So, this is a world that's going to need a big adventuring map, so to speak. Lots of important or interesting sites and locations, interesting or special items, and quest fodder to cover adventure.
Romance and Erotica will be upon the authors themselves, but we might want to construct special rules or systems for any RP's that relate to emotional attachment to other characters and properties of sex. Organizations or special practices related to love, lust, and sex could really fill the setting out here.
Fantasy means that we'll need to sped some time working on the magic system and other supernatural things in the setting, like Gods, Artifacts, Phenomena, and Locations.
The Action focus means that we'll need to make sure we have a good handle on combat, the martial arts and magical duels, and the like. We can produce military orders, gladiatorial arenas, and other combat traditions, as well as magical schools that could give us good sources for Action themes.
Comedy is more of a writing thing, as is SoL.
Horror will be harder to do. The key to horror lies in terrible circumstances and incredible villains. We'll need to focus a great deal on creating some sufficiently wicked villains.

The disinterest in Intrigue, Suspense, and Forbidden Romance means that the world is socially and sexually accepting for the most part, and not particularly troubled by political problems. Most plots will be fairly straightforward.

The setting resembles a fairytale environment to me, albeit one in which the 'princess' is usually a Monster Girl. Just my take on it so far, though. We've not really fleshed anything out yet.